Northern Big One

Gambit

I don't know if this interests anyone, but i saw a post on the NBO's facebook page, here's the link - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Northern-Big-One/114138271944139

Pasted it too, for those that cant view FB at work or whatever.

"First of all I would just like to say a BIG BIG Thank You to everyone who
attended NBO 12 yesterday and Very Well Done to all the CS Organising
Team and Club Members who helped out on the day at LWV and made NBO 12 a
huge success !.

Thanks to everyone we raised £2803,66p for the Childrens air Ambulance .
We were let down by a few clubs who couldn`t muster enough for a stand it seems and by a few
traders who were no shows. There is nothing we can do about that so I
think the amount we raised on the day was a superb effort. Well Done
Everyone !. The main thing is everybody enjoyed themselves and we have
received a lot of good feedback already.

Hopefully next year
we can build the numbers back up , please feel free to give us any
feedback you may have on NBO 12 so we can improve the show for the
future. The show is for the Subaru Community so please help us improve
it in any way we can. The BTCC was on at Croft just up the road ,
Goodwood Festival of Speed was on , The Scottish rally was on and so
were BSB`s at Knockhill. We book a year in advance and are at the mercy
of the motorsport world who don`t announce dates until well into the new
year , March in 2014 to be exact.

The judging worked very
well this year Thanks to Andy Rae, Rob Ostle and Chris Towers with
assistance from Gus McKerrow. It took no time at all and was drama free
also , Cracking Job Lads.

Very well done to all the trophy
winners at NBO 12 the standard of the cars was extremely high and a
credit to all the entrants , superb job !.

Classic Impreza

Winner : Ryan France P1
Runner Up : Dave Wright P1

Bug Eye Impreza

Winner : Simon James STi
Runner Up : Lee "Locky" Hampton STi

Blob Eye Impreza

Winner : Nigel Haggerty STi
Runner Up : Mike Purcell STi

Hawk Eye Impreza

Winner : Melanie Hayman STi
Runner Up : Rob Lomas RB 320

Hatch & Saloon 2008 ->

Winner : John Jones STi
Runner Up : David Irving STi

Other Subaru Models

Winner : Judith Hardy BRZ
Runner Up : Jim from Mangoletsi New MY2015 STi 340

NBO Test

Winner : Lee Heathcock 1997 Catalunya

CAR OF THE SHOW :

Winner : Melanie Hayman STi
Runner Up : Judith Hardy BRZ

I must apologise but I don`t have the club stand results , they will follow.

Many Photographs were taken by Mariusz on the day which will also be shared with you all very soon 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

And finally NBO 13 is booked for June 21st 2015. The planning starts now.

Thanks again to all who attended or supported us , See you all next year at LWV
"

I won't post the comments, but they seem quite negative and a few quite harsh ones.

Nice Job Mel 2 winners medals I know you said you have now won the car of the show 2 years running :D

Well hopefully we can get a stand there next year I'm glad I hadn't booked us in to be there if some clubs hadn't made it after booking a spot :( I'd have felt bad, but I guess that's the clubs not getting their numbers sorting before jumping in :( rookie mistakes..

Who gave the 66p ? Haha everything seemed to be a nice round number, still good day out and all raised for a worthy cause, rool on next year & come on lads and lasses lets get our selves organised and have a stand going [emoji16]

• Like 1

Just read the comments on fb, to be fair who goes with the intentions solely to win a prize it's a charity event and a from what I saw a good event full of like minded people to have a get together and natter, I went with an open mind as I had no idea what to expect, met some nice new people and had a good day out, I didn't think it was supposed to be too competitive and was to be takeen in good faith, if I didn't I wouldn't have entered into the other subaru category, didn't have chance in hell of winning but I hope my extra couple of quid will help some poorly children,

• Like 1

Just read the comments on fb, to be fair who goes with the intentions solely to win a prize it's a charity event and a from what I saw a good event full of like minded people to have a get together and natter, I went with an open mind as I had no idea what to expect, met some nice new people and had a good day out, I didn't think it was supposed to be too competitive and was to be takeen in good faith, if I didn't I wouldn't have entered into the other subaru category, didn't have chance in hell of winning but I hope my extra couple of quid will help some poorly children,

You will always get some boring @"£$$ that takes it serious. 

totally agree with this statement - going on the pictures it looked like a great day, not a bug fan but that first pic of Gems of the black bug has definitely caused me to question my initial ideas - monster attitude in a motor.

• 1 month later...

Just found this picture on the NBO site folks......pretty good shot of our 4  :D

wpcd80c63d_05_06.jpg

There's a few good shots of yours too Tom, but haven't posted as show your reg. no, and I know not everyone likes that made public (I include myself in that)

Some good pics of your car in the ring too Stanton  ;) (see page 3(!)   :ph34r: of pics on website lol)

• Like 3

Good to see they have another page or so of pics, loads of our lot there gav has a good pic of his as well as a couple of us sneaking into shot.

Think theres been some photo shopping going on as mine looks good and clean ! Hardly notice the dents

Cheers

I'd been wanting a rear shot form mine for a while but every time I'd taken a pic it had loads of crap background or reflections :-D thought I'd use someone else's hard work name change tomorrow hahaha