Waterless Wash

Phil3822

Hi all, wondering if anyone has tried any waterless wash products. I am interested in trying out. I struggle to use a hose round my way most of the year round so am interested in views. I am pretty decent with detailing but since my back got broken am now struggling a tad so looking at different options. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks all.

Recently was thinking of this, I asked a couple of people who I know are into detailing/cleaning etc, the advice was keep away, it's !Removed!.

I would agree even though I've not used it, would be ok on a fairly clean car as stated above. After been washed etc, drive to a show/meet and maybe use it after the drive to bring it back up to a clean car whilst been parked up.

mate of mine uses it on his 1934 MG "Little Beauty" to avoid the water rusting the panels - it works well but you can imagine it does not get absolutely caked in mud - he does go off road though as a lot of the shows he attends are in fields so its not a trailer queen

Not having a drive way I have used a few different ones over time. They all kinda work but if the car has mud or dirt on it, I find you have to use a lot or it will scratch the paint and event then can be questionable. I also use them last year at shows and haven't bothered this time round as I haven't had any results I would rave about. That could just be me being a bit useless though.

I tend to use the jet wash at a local garage and that will do the job most of the time. I also steal peoples drive ways when getting ready for a show.

• Like 1

Cheers for all the replies. Some of the people rave about ONR (Optimum No Rinse) on Detailingworld.co.uk

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=195294

I will however only be using a quick detailer if at all as suggested. I am just looking for an easier way of cleaning really as my back kills me. I don't want to keep paying for the locals to clean it either. Do a crap job half the time.