a little project thread of my turbo 2000

davievtec

Oooo that's what I'm after more than a ything is the anti lag and launch, that's what put me off the esl board, if it's still significantly cheaper than most when they have that option I'll look into getting one

As for ecu location, it's on the passenger foot rest firewall area, lift up the carpet from under the glove box area and there a metal plate bolted to the footwell, undo the plate and you ecu should be there, as far as I know the majority of modified early ecu look standard as the boards can be switched out for the mappable one, if you look around the edges of the casing there may be a void type sticker over it as a precaution seal from the new ecu fitters

Basically i got bored today and decided im removing the indicators from the bumpers and putting them inside the sidelight units along with the sidelights and decided to change the colour of the needles on my clocks to pink turned out pretty cool i think what you guys think heres the pics to show what i have done all i need is orange indicator bulbs feedback welcome folks

IMG_20131020_164653_zps5ef47eb5.jpgIMG_20131020_164635_zpsf24ed005.jpgIMG_20131020_165327_zpsb5c4f648.jpgIMG_20131020_191351_zpsab5830aa.jpgIMG_20131020_193714_zps8dd2d9cd.jpgIMG_20131020_191151_zpsb16528ea.jpgIMG_20131020_191158_zps6e875bea.jpgIMG_20131020_202544_zpsa8cff514.jpg

davievtec

• Like 1

Top job mate look's great. How did you get the needles changed over with out making them off set ? 

I did it once before and my speedo and fuel gauge was a little out. But managed to get my speedo back a little bit with the OBDII reader and Torque pro while driving with the dash out :D  

Not sure myself I thought it was to do with the bulbs. When I did it last on another car I used one of them plasma dial faces from eBay. And on anther car I send the stuff away to be made blue and a guy by the look's of it swapped the bulbsto LED and soldered them on where needed to make it all blue. But could be wrong 

Yeah usually if things dont go my way i tend to attack it with an oxy acetalene torch its very effective especially on plastics and fabrics

I also have the song "the roof the roof the roof is on fire we dont need any water because were gonna let it burnnn" playing in the back ground so is very fitting with the situation lol

davievtec

• Like 1