a little project thread of my turbo 2000

davievtec

Allright folks sorry for the lack of activity but have an update ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So my service kit arrived with a magnetic sump plug

Also i purchased my sti spoiler whats the thoughts on this as i think it looks too big ? Might just be because of how small the garage is and also i have tinted the sidelights and also have relocated the indicators into the sidelights thoughts on this aswell ? ... and the spoiler will be painted next weekend and getting the side skirts and rear bumper wedges colour coded at the same time hope you like the updates

Davievtec

davievtec

looking good buddy!!

would have to see the spoiler in perspective of whole car as the darkened garage doesn't give any depth so will reserve comment until you can get a photo 3/4's or side on of the car :)

Aw yeah thats true hopefully power mods next year though gonna buy a secondary block more than likley a closed deck sti engine and do bits n bobs to it and when thats ready put it in my car instead of doing bits to the 2000 engine

davievtec

Aw yeah thats true hopefully power mods next year though gonna buy a secondary block more than likley a closed deck sti engine and do bits n bobs to it and when thats ready put it in my car instead of doing bits to the 2000 engine

davievtec

best approach - take your time and get it looking spot on, as well as working right - just like Savagebulldogs thread

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work bud and +1 for using a different engine for building as you can take your time and not have the scooby of the road for to long ;-)

Unfortunately a sti cdb long engine won't fit straight in yours (you'd need to bolt on the later heads to the block so it will match up with your phase 2 inlet/loom ) cdb long engines are only compatible with version 1 to version 4 (the inlet stud paterns the same ).

Clive

• 3 weeks later...

ahh thanks for the info savage and i was looking at building a full engine from block up with new inlet manifold and all ancillaries and a new loom if different so manifolds and heads dont matter if im building a blob eye engine or a later sti classic that would have came out of a car similar ? or am i confusing this lol,

since i was last on i had a little accident this may burn your eyes so viewer discresion is advised

1463882_618536984874875_872258461_n_zpsf

1467212_618536968208210_695364047_n_zpsf

563750_618536884874885_1705405105_n_zps4

1461382_618536798208227_1634586113_n_zps

me and a friend were very lucky to walk away from this due to some other person pulling out infront of us on a bad junction and as a result we avoided them and went through a lamp post and a sand stone wall and down a grass verge as the car went on fire.

one of them is this

p.s sorry for bad pic quality using an ipod :(

1521244_676157419071881_398604021_n_zps4

1483022_676157395738550_25307622_n_zps0f

after that was bought for a small amount of £40 i got bored and decided a little fabrication was needed for my boost gauge that has been sitting for months gathering dust here is what i done

basically i cut a recess in the plastic cowling around my steering column and fitted a pod it is secured with tape to hold it up whilst the apoxi resin sets

7529BF73-7AE0-4693-BAD3-F91D04A41AB6_zps

627E9D38-34B9-4B2B-998C-96DD66B15812_zps

CA55415A-51CE-455E-8A85-33F21B75E017_zps

773E7A15-AA84-461D-ADD4-44654B43B995_zps

and here is how its gonna look in the car minus the car lol

50FDD82E-CE85-4B80-9AAA-9C7C207AB24A_zps

and anyone any ideas why my rev counter is sitting at a tad over 1000rpm ? it just happened as i unplugged the clocks feedback as always guys will upload more since i have more time to work on the car

davievtec

Hi mate been awhile but I guess I can see why  :o least nobody was hurt. Hondas for ya  :wacko:

What I can see  B) looks good :) 

I think the rev clock need's a small amount of voltage to let it know where it should be if I remember someone telling me many moons ago. So I think it will drop back once plugged back in. 

yeah its been a while lol and i know man was a foot away from hitting a tree and dying and the best of it we werent speeding when it happened n hopefuly it will drop again and the car is coming together gonna fit my scoop tomorrow and see how it looks then i will prep it for paint along with the spoiler and sideskirts

!Removed! hell fella looks like a lucky escape from the bbq'd Honda :o at least no one was hurt

nice work with the gauge looks good bud ;) I think prodrive/lamco do a column  mounted pod for the newage in a similar position

as for the engine im afraid I don't know much about the later classic/newage compatibility of heads to inlet/loom .I do know that cdb's were only fitted to v1 and v2 wrx's and sti's  .i think v3 and v4 sti's are open deck but im unsure if your v5/v6 is open deck or semi closed .so if you definitely wanted a cdb you'd have to bolt later heads to the cdb block or buy some adapter spacers to convert the inlet stud pattern (and probably switch a few sensors/plugs to suite your loom/inlet ).

imo probably the easiest/cheapest soultions for a 400 hp conversion would be

a newage sti bottom end (which although is semi closed it would be forged as standard so good for 400 maybe 450)  with v5/v6 sti heads

or a newage 2.5 sti bottom end which are rated to the same sort of power (but give more torque) with the v5/v6 sti heads

you could probably do either of the above for about £1700(if you don't refresh and split the bottom end) including cossie head gaskets, apr head studs and a timing  belt   

people do run the newage sti avc heads on classics with good results and a increase in spool but, i do know you'll then need the likes of a alcertek ecu (about £1k fitted) to control them and im unsure of the loom/ inlet compatibly (as said before)

cheers clive    

• Like 1

yeah savage my origonal plan was new age 2.5 bottom end and v5/6 top ends for the build once i have the cash i will buy the full engine and add bits to it one of my friends friends is a subaru mechanic so will speak to him about a build aswell to get more info im clueless with subaru if this was a honda i would know exactly what to do lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

allright guys nice little update today but no pics unfortunately :( got alot of stuff sitting there for my impreza 

orange corner markers 

mu boost gauge to be wired and plumbed in

my Battery to be re fitted

and big scoop to be fitted

and also a full 2.5inch straight through exhaust system that i picked up for wait for it £40

also needto fit that aswell and i am swapping my sideskirts and rear bumper spats for colour coded ones and il get my spoiler and scoop painted at the same time 

love having time off to work on the impreza :D 

pics to follow guys 

Look's spot on be able to !Removed! now without any build up of back pressure ;) 

As for dump Vales I know not for everyone but I think the HKS ssvq3 best on the market and sound more like a turbo chatter that people want most of the time than any other on the market. So for me Kudos to you :D 

its all coming together now mate starting to fall in love with it and just bought the gas for my welder to weld in the new rear arches and underseal the whole car so expect a very big update with alot of stuff being done to it in the coming weeks/months 

the ssvq3 i thinks probably the better of the baileys and forge splitter i didnt like that on my golf and want to be able to change the sound of the dump with the different nozzles lol 

result on the exhaust, enjoying following the progress on this one.

wrt the dump valves I think its all down to personal taste both Forge and HKS do a quality product but as you said HKS gives more variety / flexibility with the sound - its like trying to choose between Ben and Jerrys and Hagen daas :P

yeah  jay i just was put off the forge ones from past experiences and yeah thats the only reason i want a hks one and im getting it for free so cant complain anyway about it lol ... buying my new shockies next weekend for the mot before i buy coilovers ...

in a big rush to get it completed because me and a few friends are driving to the nurburgring in august in all of our cars so i want to take the subaru as its someting ive always wanted to do and what better car to take than an impreza 

• Like 2