a little project thread of my turbo 2000

davievtec

Ahhh ok there was me thinking this car was completely standard lol more and more things keep being found lol i will remove the backbox and see if there is any markings on it on the top or back never seen any when i was under the car yesterday though

this is what the system should look like under the car as standard

classic_impreza_exhaust_system.jpg

the prodrive box has a stamp on the top of the tailpipe tip, some systems have a small plaque spot welded on somewhere with a part number and some are just plain, mines a big **** tail pipe, 4.5" has a slight slash cut type end and is all stainless yet there's not a single marking on it anywhere

• Like 1

Yeah i was a bit confused because i was seconds away from pressing the purchase button for a wallbro 255 to be told that its not the rear pump i need to gain anything its a pump at the front on the engine block i have a adjustable fuel pressure regulator sitting waiting to be fitted lol

i think the walbro is all that's needed, i'm not 100% though so i would probably wait for more knowledgeable info or see if you can find more info via google, i have had a brief look but nothings jumping out at me, i have seen quite a few people having issues with the walbros a couple of years back but not sure if that was a bad batch or cheap copies that a group of people all bought, if you can i would try and find an authorised dealer for them or another reputable company to get it from rather than looking for a cheap one on egay

Yeah i had a look on google aswell and nothing really popped out at me and yeah i wouldnt buy a cheap copy just dont wanna buy it and find oit i need another pump for the front of the car aswell if thats whats needed then i will purchase both at a later date when i get my stroker kit

If you cannot keep up with the supply an uprated pump at the front is not going to be much use on its own - however saying that I have looked at some online schematics for your car and done a bit of additional research and am unable to find any reference to a front fuel pump - there is a filter up front and your fuel rail (obviously I suppose) but have found no reference so far to a front fuel pump... :huh:

Thata what i thought mate should be ok with a pump and a fuel pressure regulator i couldnt find any details for it either i will buy it and fit my fuel pressure regulator with it and see what happens from there cheers mate

Nice progress their fella

As for the fuel pump I'm unaware of a front fuel pump on classics .I've fitted a walbro (in tank) pump nismo 550's and a fpr which should make the fueling side of things good for about 420 hp . if you're aiming higher than that you'll need bigger injectors , the bigger (walbro, bosh ....) pump (can't remember the model number) and possibly parallel fuel lines/ billet rails .

although I'm unsure what hp the standard "in series" fuel rails go up to , I do know that they can make the last injector inline run lean when pushed.

What injectors are you running bud ?

As if their standard yellows (440's) they're good for 340 ish with a fpr but , don't just fit a fpr without having a remap booked in. as any slight difference in the fuel pressure will affect the fueling

• Like 2

Ahh same mate i was almost certain that the tank pump was more than capable but a friend said to me that the pump in the tank is a lift pump and then thats fed to a high pressure pump lol didnt think it was true also the injectors are standard for now im wanting only abput 400 bhp and gonna fit the new injectors fuel rail fpr and pump all at the same time when its being mapped once everything else has been done such as port and polished n turbo and exhaust and other little bits and bobs... as of now my car has a unknown backbox could be any of the stated names in the previous posts and a straight through mid box and one cat has been removed and have a k&n filter and a baileys dump valve and also previous owner said it had a light map on it to bring the bhp a little bit everything else to my knowledge is standard apart from non performance based modifications i have done myself lol cheers for the input i will search it all out and look out pros and cons on the parts for it aswell thanks mate

sounds like a plan B)

I ran my self build in for 1k miles on the 380's (greys) with actuated boost (0.5 bar) and then fitted the fpr and 550's the day before the remap ;) as saved me the expense of getting a running in map done 

Admittedly I blew the 5 speed to bits 2 wks after the remap  :rolleyes:

do you know if you've got a daughter board (esl or ecutek) in the ecu to allow it to be mapped ?

as that could be a added cost you might have to consider if it hasn't already been mapped ;)      

Esl is a chip (daughter board)thats soldered inside the ecu and runs with open source software to allow live mapping (I've got a pic somewhere I'll dig it out)

I think the ecutek can be used on later classics (mainly newage) although I'm unsure if it is the same principle (board soldered in or just software added to the oe ecu) but you defo need a licence to use the ecutek software to map it

I think your right miggs as I'm sure ecutek is just the licensed software added to the standard later ecu.

And I know esl do a early chip 92 /96 which didn't used to run mafless and a later chip 97/98 which does run mafless (which I've got in mine)

Esl have either updated (or are in the process of updating) their software to include anti lag and launch control which I might have a look at soon