a little project thread of my turbo 2000

davievtec

• 2 months later...

allright folks just an update since i havent been online for a while, currently the situation stands the car is not mot'd unfortunately it didnt make it due to finding out my brakes have been seized since sitting in the lock up (without handbrake on) so first on my agenda is to sort that out first off remove front calipers and refurb them completely with stainless pots and new seals and paint yellow if i dont go mental and buy some 8 pots or something i have a vision of what i want it to look like, the exhaust is not fitted as of yet because i have found a bracket on the gearbox that is welded onto my cat which i cant get access to remove the bolt so i am considering cutting the braket off and also another little problem, the exhaust is for a newage and my car ofcourse is a classic so the the lambda sensor is in a completely different place and i dont want to have to drill into my exhaust to move a sensor would rather it was a direct fit so if anyone has a classic straight through exhaust ( non resonated ) and has a newage n is up for a swap give me a mail and we can arrange something, had a change of plans with my car im gonna go down the route of a 3 peice JUN splitter with the corner bits painted blue and the middle carbon dipped and colour coded fog covers and sti spoiler full dipped in carbon laquered and a roof vortex creator dipped in carbon too and my bigger bonnet scoop colour coded here is an image of what i would like it to look like baring in mind mine is a 4 door n not a type r or 22b

post-1159-0-79422500-1402534481_thumb.jp

also for all the motor enthusiasts i was at a rolling road day with a friend at a garage not too far from my home and as we walked on i spotted this little beast sitting there and its genuine the owner paid over £200,000 for it aswell !!!!

post-1159-0-92733900-1402534661_thumb.jppost-1159-0-24481800-1402534663_thumb.jppost-1159-0-45337200-1402534664_thumb.jppost-1159-0-98119000-1402534665_thumb.jp

• Like 1

liking what you have as inspiration - will look very menacing - RS200 a beast indeed and looks in great condition

It might be worth posting in the wanted section for the exhaust - it will get greater visibility

alot of changes to come was so close to selling the car last month for a vr6 converted mk2 golf gti but it never had the heart to get rid of it and cheers for the comments guys will check on the wanted thread just now jay cheers

change of plans called my local exhaust shop C&C today and they would charge £20 to relocate the lambda sensor and can do it tomorrow so the exhaust is going there tomorrow to have it done cant wait until its on

• Like 1

yeah man saves the hassle of finding someone to swap with and postage or travel, hopefully it will spit and bang more since it allready does with the exhaust thats on lol, things are coming along nicely, buying parts is gonna be a little quiet in the next few weeks as i have booed a holiday to vegas for next year so funds are being flooded into that at the moment lol!!

• Like 1

Whats happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Unless you're called Prince Harry. But I'm happy to go on holiday with him if he is paying and promise I won't say a word, or take photos and sell them on   :D

ohh no lol im just picturing the hangover Scottish edition its not gonna end well i intend to get my mate married to a hooker lol and hopefully order some American bits for my impreza lol any ideas where to put my s.o.c sticker ? i cant think of anywhere apart from above my as i walk through the shadow sticker ...

another little update , orange indicator bulbs are fitted and the car is built back up ready for the exhaust to go on and the down pipe is away being modified as we speak by my local exhaust garage and also have a bung for the mid pipe lambda sensor hole so everything is coming together just need to modify the brackets to fit my classic insurance will be paid this month at some point ready for mot when i do the brakes then it should pass its mot ( apart from emissions)

• Like 1

yeah mate should be back soon, had the car up on the axle stands and found out some good news :D the car was fully undersealed recently looks pretty fresh no nasty holes on the underside or under carriage and all bushes look fine n everything seems solid so i am a very happy boy today and i am 99% sure that the exhaust that is on the car at the moment is 2.5 inches so that is a good point to who ever buys the system, next thing on the list is pick up my down pipe and heat wrap it then fit the whole system with all new gaskets and nuts and bolts cant wait to finally hear it, been looking for a decent Battery booster so i was in b&q yesterday and seen one sitting there for £59 used my mums discount card n got 20% off, seems its very well kitted up with a USB port to charge phones and a socket for a normal UK plug and and a air compressor for inflating tires seems it was a very good item to buy for the price so very happy just need to now get the spoiler dipped and buy a splitter and vortex generator and dip them carbon too with new wheels but i am stuck as to what ones to purchase any recommendations ? i was going to go and get a set of xxr's but i don't know yet.

anyone want to buy a subaru impreza turbo 2000 uk  ? thing is seriously frying my brain it now needs a rear registration plate and a new Battery and new brakes possibly as mine are grinding, the car wont move freely for some reason i have no idea why i may need to recondition the calipers anyone want the car it will come with a standard airbox a 2.25inch exhaust system with cat and a full 2.5inch system turbo back with a 4.5 inch can on the back and a baileys dumpvalve car runs sweet as a nut never misses a beat until the Battery dies, 900 to anyone who takes it with all the bits collection only from glasgow price is not negotiable unfortunately

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

allright folks i broke my old laptop so hadto wait until insurance paid to get it repaired or replaced, they replaced it thankfully so now i have a brand new laptop that is alot better than my old one plus my phone wont work with uploading,

i have had a few issues with my car over the past few months,

the retrofitted projectors wouldnt flick to full beam with the lights staying on as h4s have 2 filaments and the bulbs i have changed to is h1 so has one filament, and as you know on h4 filament bulbs the low beam turns off to go onto full beam so when the h1 bulb was in it was only staying on dipped beam and the high beam would just be off so however

this is how it looked before

10422032_841009752586646_735592282273034

and guess what has started working with the new harness for the xenons,

10818953_842476669106621_493977066_n_zps

and finally the finished product, only needs a couple of resistors for the side repeaters as i have changed from a 21w bulb to a 5w bulb and the front end is ready so here is how it sits just now minus the registration plate

10801831_851141074906847_220586178775917

ohh and 5 points for who ever notices the changes from the last time

alot to come, heres some hints

buying a set of other 4 pot calipers and going to refurb them with stainless steel bolts pots and pins and bleed nipples and also all new seals also powdercoated yellow and then im going to have them ceramic coated to stop brake fade and dirt making them dull,

set of speedline turini's powdercoated high gloss anthracite with a light metalic coating also ceramic coated to keep them fresh.

sti rear lights

vortex creator for the roof

custom built alloy race style diffuser for the rear

window tints

and possibly new interior and cage.

hopefully everything will go to plan over the next few months,

also i will be on the hunt for a closed deck block with crank and pistons and rods and oil squirters

i intend to do a full bench build on the engine let me know what you think folks

• Like 1