Holy MPG Batman!!

Sandals

On 29/01/2017 at 3:46 PM, Jamie_uk said:

What's it like for hills your way? The grounds rarely level here which doesn't help. I got 34 in the south. But it's slowly creeping down bit by bit.  And motorways is now 30mpg even cruising. Gonna have a tinker see if I have messed something I did up. 

Flat compared to Durham but not dead flat like the Fens. No motorways at all and only a few dual carriageways so speeds down in general which probably helps with the economy. Main thing for mpg is to stay out of built-up areas.

As we've got the same (standard?) model, you can always PM me print out from FreeSSM and I'll run a check on mine under the same conditions - and we can compare?

25 minutes ago, Seminole81 said:

Think I'm on route for a new record 120mi on half a tank so far...mind I've barely hit boost until yesterday.

I average around 170ish when my needle hits the 50% mark, i always hit boost to hear my dump valve coz I'm a yobo :D

Haha ended up with a whopping 208 before the light came on. I know you've got like a gallon or two left when the light comes on, but I'm bricking it at 220 now. Going to head straight to petrol station after work tonight, but that's another 4 miles or so haha

Still trying to work out the mpg on the forester. Put £25 at about 1.24 ltr bout half a tank was on the gauge and I got around 100 miles. Is this good/average? Was a spirited 100 miles though and starting up the engine etc.

Also, do the S turbo have fuel lights to say when nearly empty? I've been cautious as I didn't want to risk running out and getting crap in the pump lol 

7 minutes ago, WRRCwayne said:

Still trying to work out the mpg on the forester. Put £25 at about 1.24 ltr bout half a tank was on the gauge and I got around 100 miles. Is this good/average? Was a spirited 100 miles though and starting up the engine etc.

Also, do the S Turbo have fuel lights to say when nearly empty? I've been cautious as I didn't want to risk running out and getting crap in the pump lol 

I would say that's about average for these cars with spirited driving...

There is a fuel light, mine doesn't come on until my needle is completely on empty, if you look at the previous page on this thread you can see 2 images I've uploaded and where my needle is for the light

• Like 1

Best way I found to work out mpg, go to your usual petrol station. Fill up until it clicks out (don't top up). Zero mileage counter. Wait as long as poss to fill up again, but use the exact same pump and fill up until it click out again. You should get a litres figure then. Then all you have to do is check what mileage you done and make the mpg calculation. Done this with most of my cars, only too scared to do it with the scooby lol.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Feel i can brag about this one a little, as it'll probably be the only time i ever get this high.

When i picked the car up it was on fumes so filled up on Momentium. Before the long drag from Matlock to essex.
Was stuck at 50 through speed cameras half the way and didn't take it out of intellegent besides the blast a way from the odd tailgater.

Was rather surprised.

Get 22 to commuting though :S

IMG_3552[811].PNG

IMG_5676[817].jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Might be onto a personal record. Drove like a granny to my in-laws and back (around 130 mile round trip)... mainly motorway. Currently just above half a tank and have covered 203 miles! Gonna keep driving like a wuss and see what i can get :D

1 hour ago, david1972 said:

What did that equate to in mpg at the pump? emoji122.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put around 11 gallons into the tank... so around 34mpg. Which means that I had around 2 gallons left in the tank! Think it's a 13 gallon tank...

7 hours ago, david1972 said:

Decent effort that....I'd be too scared to let the needle get that low emoji85.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The needle was still going down so I still had fuel... that was my logic :D

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Sandals said:

You've got at least 2 gallons left!!

Haha I thought I did, but I filled it up, £62 of VPower so I have no idea! Haha that's a normal fill when the lights on! Mind the light probably would of came on in another mile or so...but still! Best so far...maybe it's because of the new fuel pump 😉😬😂

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...