What did you do to your XV today???

Dug

• 1 month later...

Not me but Mrs Mole, managed to run the Battery flat whilst at work. She had used the car during her lunch hour and I think she accidentally turned the lights on after removing the ignition key.

Got a phone call from her when she left work to say "car broken, all dashboard lights come on but only get a clicking noise when trying to start car" She had already contacted Subaru Assist (AA) they were with her within 10 mins and got her going again.

He also checked all the tyre pressures as the 'flat tyre' warning came up that morning, they're all ok, if it comes back the main dealer can look into it as it's booked in for it's 2nd service week after next.

Nice! What wheels are they, out of interest? I will, hopefully, be getting my standard wheels colour coded (black insert paint changed to body colour), and having a second set will allow me to keep the car on the road.

20161030_144429.jpgFitted snow tyres to realise the full potential of the subaru AWD system through the winter months; on a separate set of wheels to protect the standard wheels from corrosion : - )

You'll have to let me know how you get on, I had the standard Geolanders on when there was some heavy snow round our way and I found them surprisingly sure footed (assuming you have good tread). We won't get the snow and I've down here you'll no doubt get so I reckon I'll be ok on the Geolanders. But be interesting to see if those are much better for when global warming stops the Gulf Stream and the apocalypse comes. [emoji23]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Rizmo said:

Nice! What wheels are they, out of interest? I will, hopefully, be getting my standard wheels colour coded (black insert paint changed to body colour), and having a second set will allow me to keep the car on the road.

They're Borbet wheels from the Subaru main dealer. they came with a different set of wheel nuts which are a little bigger on the flange but same socket size. because of the TPMS valves I needed a set of those as well (250 fitted), and I ordered them at the same time as the XV, had them paired to the vehicle and just fitted them myself at the weekend

I live in Royal Deeside and drive through a couple of woods and a few miles on mostly untreated roads through winter so I always run winter tyres through the season. 

The initial set up was expensive but if I can get six years out of both sets of tyres which is about the average life of the batteries in the TPMS valves then hopefully their overall cost should be off sett, plus I can keep my rims in good order as I have equipment to respray with 2k and clear-coat already in my garage. Having observed the 'diamond cut' parts of XV wheels starting to corrode under the clear-coat finish.

I'm sure your wheels will look great colour coded to your car, and be unique :¬)

She had more fun than me, as I was stuck in the car, in Dobbies garden centre car park in Barlborough. Just parked and had to sit there, or get soaked running to the store. On the way home, went through two floods, with no problem, unlike a few "lesser" cars!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As my old interior mats were looking worse for wear I decided to get some new ones

so I installed a full set of WeatherTech Floorliner mats

not cheap but fit very well and will keep all the crap out :-)

wt1.JPG

wt2.JPG

wt3.JPG

wt4.JPG

wt5.JPG

• Like 1

I didn't do anything to my XV today, but came across this on Autotrader, and thought.... that's unbelievable!

If anyone is looking for a second car here is the link. If I had a spare £10k and lived a few 100 miles closer id have bought it without telling anyone else!

http://www4.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201511098559985?price-to=13000&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&year-from=2009&maximum-mileage=100000&sort=price-asc&fuel-type=Diesel&advertising-location=at_cars&make=SUBARU&model=XV&radius=1500&postcode=ml118lb&page=1

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/01/2017 at 1:32 PM, Aberdeen Chris said:

Hey Swayze88,

What's up with your scooby?

I did hear something bout  wires catching on steering!!

But what's your's doing ??

Chris

Last week I had the other half take it in to get the check done on the wiring harness - it came back all clear as far as I was lead to believe.

I've just had a few instances of it throwing up weird error messages, the low oil one, and "Vehicle Dynamics Control System needs to be checked" one. I wondered if it was related. I'll keep an eye out to see if they keep occurring.

My wife's car is doing this same thing throwing up error messages that clear on a restart, vehicle dynamics, hillstart assist and abs are the ones coming up, it's apparently a common glitch, much like the oil low warning light when it's full of oil

13 hours ago, Dogconker said:

My wife's car is doing this same thing throwing up error messages that clear on a restart, vehicle dynamics, hillstart assist and abs are the ones coming up, it's apparently a common glitch, much like the oil low warning light when it's full of oil

I don't like this glitch. Perhaps there is a software update/ patch, or are some of the sensors behaving badly?

Shurely it doesn't  bode well for the XV earning it's place by standing the test of time as the likes of the Legacy and Forrester have done; and the new Forrester is based on exactly the same platforms any way, as is the new Impreza!

Here's hoping these issues get ironed out quickly 😐

33 minutes ago, Dug said:

few little rubber additions on the inside :-)

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

I love your military grade floor mats  Dug.

Please, where can I buy some. I put my old leggy mats in because the XV mats don't like water. Only thing is the XV floor is massive... much longer and a bit wider.

Your mats fit really well, look good enough to bath my Jack Russell without any water getting under and serious enough to withstand the demands of my girlfriends multi story high heels lol.

Chris