What did you do to your XV today???

Dug

12 hours ago, Dogconker said:

They’re good stickers from him, you can barely tell they’re stick ons

looks good, I went the other way with my badges with the stars in black, but that suits your car,

not brave enough yet to black out the bout badges? Looks the part if you can take the plunge.

DDE12525-44B8-42E7-85EF-9CAE40381AB7.jpeg

That's my next step, just struggling to find a day where it's neither windy nor wet! Hopefully Saturday will be nice!

11 minutes ago, Swayze88 said:

That's my next step, just struggling to find a day where it's neither windy nor wet! Hopefully Saturday will be nice!

With doing though, finishes the back off nice. Though getting the vinyl out of some of the letters I’d a real pain, I picked it out carefully with an exacto knife

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2018 at 10:36 AM, Dogconker said:

With doing though, finishes the back off nice. Though getting the vinyl out of some of the letters I’d a real pain, I picked it out carefully with an exacto knife

Well not today, but Saturday and Sunday,

*Started painting the rear badges,
*Repainted the front grill in normal paint as half the plastidip had been peeled off during the harness change.
*Fitted front wind deflectors
*Found the beginnings of some rust where the morons at Evans Halshaw have tech screwed the rear numberplate on!
*Kurusted rusty paint holes
*Fitted front grill and newly painted chrome parts in what felt like 100mph winds and sideways rain, discovered the standard bonnet prop is surprisingly good. 

*Today*
*Spoke with Subaru who have said about £115 to fix boot, but i'd probably be OK to Kurust fill and paint
*Questioned my life choices and why I decided to go to Evans Halshaw to buy a car:bangin:

IMG_20180113_152840.jpg

IMG_20180113_152844.jpg

IMG_20180114_222527.jpg

Boot Lid.jpg

Boot Rust 1.jpg

Boot rust 2.jpg

I'm curious about the wind deflectors..

Do they stop the rain coming in when the driver windows open a few inches!

The boot looks annoying. Especially when tapped holes for plastic number plate bolts are provided. But a good sand treat and fill should stop it. I'm sure a paint shop would give a couple of coats of 2k paint for under 100. 

Or why not just mask the inner part and spray it black too!

3 hours ago, Swayze88 said:

Well not today, but Saturday and Sunday,

*Started painting the rear badges,
*Repainted the front grill in normal paint as half the plastidip had been peeled off during the harness change.
*Fitted front wind deflectors
*Found the beginnings of some rust where the morons at Evans Halshaw have tech screwed the rear numberplate on!
*Kurusted rusty paint holes
*Fitted front grill and newly painted chrome parts in what felt like 100mph winds and sideways rain, discovered the standard bonnet prop is surprisingly good. 

*Today*
*Spoke with Subaru who have said about £115 to fix boot, but i'd probably be OK to Kurust fill and paint
*Questioned my life choices and why I decided to go to Evans Halshaw to buy a car:bangin:

IMG_20180113_152840.jpg

IMG_20180113_152844.jpg

IMG_20180114_222527.jpg

Boot Lid.jpg

Boot Rust 1.jpg

Boot rust 2.jpg

I think I’d be having a moan at Evans Halshaw as they will have invalidated your anti-perforation warranty most likely.

Not today, but I just have been shown the picture of my partner's XV from last weekend. Looks like she was being a snowplough for the day!

IMG_20180127_012708.jpg

Edit: that's not abandoned, that's just where she decided to stop to take the dog for a walk. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well I took my XV to a caravan manoeuvring course, as we get a caravan in 2 weeks and its been some years since ive towed, like riding a bike though, just as well really because our caravan is 1.5x the size of the training one 😳

D1E7A363-FE58-49A5-BE44-7DAB36230520.jpeg

I see many new van's are like more than 8 foot wide.

Hopefully yours isn't.  Because one thing I love about the XV  it's better than most Suv's and is not the width if a bus as many seem to be; at least when they're parked. 

My van's 7'1" which is enough for me. But over 8ft width through narrow British streets doesnt sound relaxing.

So when do you take del ??

30 minutes ago, Aberdeen Chris said:

I see many new van's are like more than 8 foot wide.

Hopefully yours isn't.  Because one thing I love about the XV  it's better than most Suv's and is not the width if a bus as many seem to be; at least when they're parked. 

My van's 7'1" which is enough for me. But over 8ft width through narrow British streets doesnt sound relaxing.

So when do you take del ??

7’5” is standard width these days, we haven’t gone to an 8’ you’d need a bigger truck to tow that, it is 7.4m long though which should be fun 😳.

delivery in 2 weeks!!

17 minutes ago, Norrie said:

We had a big caravan but now have a smaller one which also weighs a lot less. The good thing about the XV having a reversing camera is you can see the tow ball so really easy to hook up.

Norrie.

Ours only weighs in at1325kg, but can load up to 1500kg so even maxed out its not too heavy

24 minutes ago, Aberdeen Chris said:

Yep the camera is great for hookup single handed.

2 weeks very exciting stuff. So I suppose a wee weekend jaunt is on the cards soon 😎

Aready got 6 holidays/weekends booked up, first on 17th March 😂

Been wondering how to protect my bumper from the inevitable tap on the tow hitch, not going to smack it but was concerned about scuffing paint, been trying ti think of a solution that didn’t ruin the look of the rear of the car. I think I found the solution, Helicopter Tape.

Virtually invisible when directly behind, only tge edge shadows give it away.

008F600E-52D5-49AC-BC46-E4367F14B6CF.jpeg

F3702268-646C-4FD2-A915-70A791D02230.jpeg

That’s it done it, got the road block home despite snow, ive and wind (not me, the weather). XV pulled fine, felt stable despite the size of the van and a 30 mph gust now and then. Even pulling into the storage facility it quite happily pulled it up hill through almost a foot of snow.

A073A89D-4294-481F-BB57-3148B6FDF0F7.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Aberdeen Chris said:

Looking good,

Nice van and you got a mover, that'll save the clutch ☺

We were deep in the woods hauling logs20180303_121218.thumb.jpg.d7036dff62d8f82e7bf4070b8e4e404c.jpg

No drama for an XV

We didn’t have any snow except on the access road to the storage. Yes we got a motormover, just pulled up across our storage space and drive it in by remote, piece of cake. Car pulled really well considering we had 30mph gusting cross wind, its got that ATC system so that just sorts itself out. Quite an easy run really.

i like the way you make out youre working when really we all know you went for a play 😂

• 2 weeks later...

It's true!

Later in the week the snow changed and I got stuck  at the bottom of an off road track.

Had to dig us out and it took three attempts to get 'out of the woods'

350nm of torque wasn't enough due to the car dragging underneath. Was glad of the rear view camera as had to reverse back down again each time, so it was important to stay in the track and avoid slipping off the edge and getting caught against a tree.

Third attempt pumping the accelerator in first and we just made it up the hill and out.

I don't know if a land rover could have done any better due to it's weight 😓

• 3 weeks later...