What did you do to your XV today???

Dug

On 13/02/2017 at 12:45 PM, Swayze88 said:

Changed the rear Brake Pads on the XV yesterday as one side had got down to the metal! :ohmy: 40,000 miles and I think it was on the original pads. (I naively thought the garage would have changed them when we bought the car at 34,000 miles)

Really easy to do, such a joy working on a car with next to zero rust, didn't even need to take the breaker bar out the toolbox!
No awkward electronics, 2 bolts, re grease and  just a simple wind back.

I think the rear pads are fairly common over the Subaru Range, so they are not so hard to come by which is nice. not sure about disks though.

What brake pads did you on?

I need new pads for my XV on the front. Subaru OE pads cost £130? Looking at OE pads on the car they are JURID 636FF.

16 hours ago, ianm00 said:

What brake pads did you on?

I need new pads for my XV on the front. Subaru OE pads cost £130? Looking at OE pads on the car they are JURID 636FF.

I think I Used Pagid ones from Euro Car Parts if I remember correctly. looks like they are about £60 an end. seem to do the job no bother.

@Aberdeen Chris

So an exciting box arrived for my XV today! While shopping for oil filters I noticed you can get a sliding arm rest, coming from a forester with captains chairs I always wanted a bit more left arm lean so I bought it!

Super easy to install, the panel at the back pulls off from the bottom then straight out at the top. 4 screws hold the arm rest on. As you can see from the pictures it's physically the same size as the fixed one, with the exception of the hollowed out section. 

The armrest slides forward over the centre cup holder about half way. Hopefully it won't disrupt my morning coffee! Tomorrow will be the test. (Apologies for the muck! Probably should have wiped the dog prints off it before taking the pictures!)

IMG_20180416_181535.jpg

IMG_20180416_202348.jpg

IMG_20180416_202520.jpg

IMG_20180416_202542.jpg

IMG_20180416_203024.jpg

IMG_20180416_203029.jpg

I got it from subaru-parts.co.uk and it was £75, however I think it might have been the last one they had as its now showing out of stock :(

https://subaru-parts.co.uk/product/genuine-subaru-sliding-arm-rest-impreza-xv/

The Part number is J2010FJ100VH

Nice improvement, I like it, and as its OEM it matches the interior properly and fitted easily.

Another 6,000 miles, another oil change. This time it was a little different. Installed my Fumoto valve (F105N M20-1.5) *edit that's for the diesel, not sure if the petrol is the same.

Couple pictures showing how low it hangs out the bottom, I think if I were buying another I wouldn't get the long nipple. 

One thing I did note was that the length of the thread on the valve was maybe 5mm longer than the oil pan is thick, so it will protrude into the pan preventing a complete drain of the old oil. Take from that what you will. 

I pushed the plastic up with a spirit level and the lowest metal on the underside sits about halfway down the nipple, so you'd have to be sliding the belly of the car along the ground to have a problem... But I've done that before in my old forester.

1524174879878-301178406.jpg

IMG_20180419_204426.jpg

IMG_20180419_204156.jpg

IMG_20180419_204205.jpg

• Like 1

Well, this is what I did with my XV yesterday.

Washed and cleaned and ready for a weekend away.

60mph along the motorway was no problem even with a tinabd a half of caravan and virtually  at GVW total combination of 3.4t.

0-60 only about 4 seconds slower to 60mph although fuel consumption significantly increased, seem to be getting just shy of 30mpg. Tricky bit is keeping it at 60mph because it wants to go faster!

most of the weight I think in the car was alcohol 😂😂

3F8AA8BF-6F40-4521-A07A-0F2C346A494C.jpeg

Looks like a nice rig.  I like the black fitting on the bonnet, assume this is designed to reduce the damage caused by stones etc.?

I can not, as yet, find anything like that for the 2018 XV car, how effective is it?

27 minutes ago, ernieb said:

Looks like a nice rig.  I like the black fitting on the bonnet, assume this is designed to reduce the damage caused by stones etc.?

I can not, as yet, find anything like that for the 2018 XV car, how effective is it?

Nit tghat easy to answer but it was from the main dealers so you coukd try them?

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, marcothio said:

Washed and decontaminated the paint with clay, looking really nice already.

Replaced the air filter as well, amazing how fast these get dirty!

It's very much the dust with this hoy weather.  Mind you when I picked up the car I came home a slightly longer way and had to pass a gang of road workers who were using a diamond cutter to take a section out of the road. I was very pi**ed off.

22 minutes ago, ernieb said:

It's very much the dust with this hoy weather.  Mind you when I picked up the car I came home a slightly longer way and had to pass a gang of road workers who were using a diamond cutter to take a section out of the road. I was very pi**ed off.

Them using a diamond cutter shouldn’t cover yiur car in dust as bu lw t should use dust suppression.

but it’s always satisfying when you get a car clayed and proper shiny

24 minutes ago, Dogconker said:

Them using a diamond cutter shouldn’t cover yiur car in dust as bu lw t should use dust suppression.

but it’s always satisfying when you get a car clayed and proper shiny

The guys cutting the road produced a cloud that covered the whole road and pavement, it was pretty extreme.

Agreed I’m leaving mine for a month or so to let the paint “harden” off then I’ll clay decontaminate followed by using my DAS compounds and polishes. Looking forward to doing it, thee is something very satisfying about cleaning the car. In the past I’ve been concerned about the Subaru paint finish/quality but this new car looks to have a good finish.

On 5/7/2018 at 7:26 AM, ernieb said:

The guys cutting the road produced a cloud that covered the whole road and pavement, it was pretty extreme.

Agreed I’m leaving mine for a month or so to let the paint “harden” off then I’ll clay decontaminate followed by using my DAS compounds and polishes. Looking forward to doing it, thee is something very satisfying about cleaning the car. In the past I’ve been concerned about the Subaru paint finish/quality but this new car looks to have a good finish.

Not good, you could actually bill them for a car wash, I was an engineer on highways for years and we were always getting claims for car washes

10 hours ago, Dogconker said:

Not good, you could actually bill them for a car wash, I was an engineer on highways for years and we were always getting claims for car washes

You learn something everyday, never thought of that but, maybe like you, I’d prefer to wash the car myself. None the less it’s interesting as a few years ago me and a lot of others got sprayed with tar from a road machine, luckily I could get to it before it really set on hard. 

Got this "polished" out of the Mrs's car on Monday...

image.thumb.jpeg.0ecce8e6fd686636e58c22bd47c60607.jpeg

The gatepost at her mum's suddenly decided to leap out as she was turning in. Damn thing hadn't moved at all in the previous 28 years!

Still, it came up nicely, with a new door, sill and wheel-arch trim😣