Halfords Discount Card

Kilrathal

Hello everyone, i would just like to let you know my Halfords discount card has just been rejected less than a month after i had it.

the cachie called Halfords business number and they informed them and myself that the club have chosen to not continue the membership from this wednesday????

does anyone know what has happened?

I know! i was starting to get a feel for detailing products and was thinking of maybe getting a new radio as my satnav thing sucks.

I really hope it is a misunderstanding. But they said the 2 years it had been running for ended and it didn't get renewed. only had mine a few weeks ;(

1 hour ago, stants said:

Worth a try used mine this week in 2 different Halfords with no problems

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They said it finished on wednesday. so it will only have been expired 2 days.

I'm just glad i was only after a wheel brush :s 90p savings yo

They normally just look at mine and ask how much discount needs to be applied,

Last time the bloke couldn't bè arsed to work out 15% and gave me trade instead.

I think it's more down to who you get at the till most are happy to knock off discounts as it just says voucher on the receipt.

• Like 1

Strange, all the times i've used my they have scanned it.

Working out the 15% off putting in that the coupon is for instance £3.40 scanning the card and bingo. but this time it just said invalid coupon.

I'll just wait for Steve to get back to us a Jay mentioned.

They normally just look at mine and ask how much discount needs to be applied,

Last time the bloke couldn't bè arsed to work out 15% and gave me trade instead.

I think it's more down to who you get at the till most are happy to knock off discounts as it just says voucher on the receipt.

They do the same for me. Always give me a look of confusion because they've never seen it before. Eventually they get a supervisor over and manually deduct 15%. I've even had to calculate it for them before.

Hi all,

Have looked into this situation earlier and it seems like Halfords have changed their barcodes. As far as we can tell, the card is still valid and there is now another code that they have to scan from their sheet but otherwise it should all work as before.

Will get back to you all with more information later

Cheers  Trevor (Admin)

• Like 2

Ah hope this is just a glitch. It's a great discount. I managed to get £80 of my Sony head unit the other week, made it a lot cheaper than even Amazon so it makes quite a difference; despite the odd looks from staff ! 

• Like 1

Presented mine at Merry Hill Stourbridge they tried the barcode but no luck but then manually entered the 15% discount code no issue - but the best thing was the chap went off to get the manager (Jordan) who owns a a very tidy WRX-S hatch and was curious as to where the card came from :biggrin:

• Like 1

Had the same problem with mine yesterday the manager did the same just entered it manually using a code from an A4 sheet of codes. Young lad struggled with the maths on a £12 item I worked it out 4 him but he still checked on his fone 😂😂😂. Any news on this being sorted out by Halfords?? 

Was just wondering. On the new set of card could it not be a similar barcode as the executive discount as they are the same amount?

Or atleast reference to the the executive discount or is that something halford don't want.

3 hours ago, Beags said:

can I join properly on tapatalk so that I can get a discount card.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

That I dont know - try the link that comes up?

• 2 weeks later...