Lack of Levorg posts

Shifty

There are very few about. I've not seen another one anywhere apart from dealers. According to howmanyleft.co.uk, there's only 538 licenced in total in this country, and they've been on sale since 2015.

It's a very good car, and typically Subaru through and through. Mine is a 2017 'facelift' 1.6 with Eyesight and the recalibrated CVT. It's my 7th Subaru in succession, having owned 2 Foresters, 2 Imprezas and 2 Outbacks. There's 3 different versions of the Levorg in the UK - the 2015-2016 DIT 1.6 GT original edition, the 2017 'facelift' DIT 1.6 GT, and the 2018 and on 2-litre naturally aspirated. 

IMG_0937.jpeg

IMG_1042.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, flat6 said:

There are very few about. I've not seen another one anywhere apart from dealers. According to howmanyleft.co.uk, there's only 538 licenced in total in this country, and they've been on sale since 2015.

It's a very good car, and typically Subaru through and through. Mine is a 2017 'facelift' 1.6 with Eyesight and the recalibrated CVT. It's my 7th Subaru in succession, having owned 2 Foresters, 2 Imprezas and 2 Outbacks. There's 3 different versions of the Levorg in the UK - the 2015-2016 DIT 1.6 GT original edition, the 2017 'facelift' DIT 1.6 GT, and the 2018 and on 2-litre naturally aspirated. 

IMG_0937.jpeg

IMG_1042.jpeg

Cool looking car! I do really like the Levorg only I wish the name was better and I agree that it’s a shame an sti variant never came here

3 hours ago, Sandals said:

Shame they never brought the STI variant to the UK.

That seems to be the standard response on any Levorg thread. For what ever reason (probably total emissions of the Subaru range) they aren't sold in Europe. The next Levorg when it appears later this year will not be sold in the UK at all. There is an Australian market STI, with a detuned engine, and the JDM 300 bhp one. They all have the CVT though, and that's what puts people off. On pretty much every Subaru forum, people will dismiss the Levorg out of hand because of the CVT. If they actually drove one, they might think differently. Same goes for the FB16 engine - dismissed as being underpowered. It's actually a great little motor, even smoother than the EZ30 6, with max torque available from less than 2000rpm. It works so well with the CVT, which is unlike no other I've driven. I think it's a terrific auto box. The numbers don't represent how the car drives. I know full well what a pokey Subaru is like. My Forester XT 2.5 with a remap did a 4.9 sec 0-60. The Levorg will cover the ground on a cross country trip just as rapidly as the Forester or Impreza, in much greater comfort, with better handling, and with an interior that's streets ahead. The 2015> WRX STI has the same platform as the Levorg, a good old fashioned laggy EJ motor, 6 speed manual with DCCD and almost as much luggage space. Not very many people bought those, so I don't know how well an CVT STI Levorg would have sold.

The UK Levorg 1.6 is what it is, it was never going to appeal to mainstream buyers, but it's an AWD Subaru tourer with all that brings, it suits me perfectly for what i need it to do, and it's a really good drive. Despite it's looks, It's not supposed to be a WRX wagon, more a replacement for the Gen 4 Legacy 4 cylinder.

• Thanks 1

I've been on here for two years now (had the car for almost three) and there have been very few Levorg posts, and they were generally a passing question. As we've also got an XV I've mainly been bothering that section! But two more Levorg owners in a week? Wow! 😁

I've seen four other Levorgs on the road in three years (and one of those was a mile from home, when I was on the way to the dealership to have a look round to check they were as good as they seemed on the Subaru website.) I even waved at a white WRX STI one evening as I thought it was a Levorg!

Mine is a Series 1, non-eyesight model. I think it is a great car. Yes, the gearbox could be better (and was improved for the Series 2 "Eyesight" models, as stated above), but it's great to drive (when you get used to it) and handles well, especially in sport-mode. I find it deceptively quick, as in it's only when you glance down at the speedometer on a fun road you realise how fast it's going! It's not quick off the line (I'm assuming it is programmed to protect the gearbox; the XV feels like it sets off quicker, and it has 50 Nm less peak torque), but once rolling the flat, turbo-torque characteristics get it shifting nicely. It's no turbo 2000 or WRX, but it's quicker than the 0-60 suggests.

It's a keeper!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SebP10 said:

Also, the white with black roof and mirrors looks very good 👍

Previous owner had all the black stuff done. When I got it, it also had the STI bodykit (removed now, not to my taste) and the optional black WRX STI wheels - 18x8.5 with 245/40 tyres. Never liked black wheels, and the extra width and weight did the ride and handling no favours at all, so I got some very lightweight 17x7.5 wheels with 225/50 tyres. Much better ride, no tram lining, and a more nimble feel to the car. Here's how it looked when I picked it up:

62F36403-AEB6-4F9E-801A-D685E360420A_1_201_a.jpeg

• 11 months later...

Hi, I’m Dan and I’m new here. I’m 28 and looking to get one. I mean levorg. Spoke to one Subaru garage in Oxfordshire. £16k for 2017. 49k miles on clock. White. I wish some of u maybe can give a bit advice. Cuz I read a lot of different opinions. I would like to know if is easy to get it serviced, r they reliable? Major problems? And does 1.6 engine doing well on estate car? Cuz maybe people and mechanics from my work place keeps telling me it’s not worth it and to expensive to get it fix. I live in Pembrokeshire (south Wales) many thanks for your help guys

On 5/4/2021 at 10:36 PM, DanielKomsta said:

Hi, I’m Dan and I’m new here. I’m 28 and looking to get one. I mean levorg. Spoke to one Subaru garage in Oxfordshire. £16k for 2017. 49k miles on clock. White. I wish some of u maybe can give a bit advice. Cuz I read a lot of different opinions. I would like to know if is easy to get it serviced, r they reliable? Major problems? And does 1.6 engine doing well on estate car? Cuz maybe people and mechanics from my work place keeps telling me it’s not worth it and to expensive to get it fix. I live in Pembrokeshire (south Wales) many thanks for your help guys

@Pete - Levorg is our most recent Levorg owner - may be he can share some thoughts?

On 5/4/2021 at 9:36 PM, DanielKomsta said:

I've had mine since January2020, it's a very good car. Loads of space, very good to drive, well screwed together, lots of safety tech. It's been totally reliable, no problems at all. Plenty of poke, it has the same performance as my old Mercedes 6 cylinder 2.8L E-Class estate. Great handling. Servicing: it's worth getting it done at a Subaru dealer once a year for software updates etc, in your case it would mean an annual trip to Keith Price in Abergavenny. Levorg 1.6 is a very underrated car, the CVT is perfectly matched to the sweet smooth engine, and behaves very differently to other CVTs. 

• Like 1

It’s a great car (2016 Levorg 1.6 GT) 1.6 turbo works really well and you will find yourself going faster than you think.  Very reliable too.  I love it.  See my posts about sorting out the only major drawback, which is the lack of a proper spare wheel!

My local village garage services it with no problems (as with my previous Foresters and Outback).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/5/2020 at 10:41 PM, flat6 said:

IMG_0937.jpeg

IMG_1042.jpeg

Here’s Mine. ADM 2LTR. You say recalibrated CVT, may I ask what you mean by that? Sounds interesting and I’ve not heard it before.A1D14C37-86F6-4670-9971-F9AD6660D4CC.thumb.jpeg.f62267aa42d5ea38fda2cd4645630860.jpeg

• Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 9:00 AM, Guvna said:

Here’s Mine. ADM 2LTR. You say recalibrated CVT, may I ask what you mean by that? Sounds interesting and I’ve not heard it before.

The "facelift" EDM 1.6 (MY 2017>) had many small differences - including suspension settings, addition of EyeSight, and changes to the CVT programming. Different transmission to yours, it's the TR580, yours is the TR690.

• 10 months later...

Not been on here in forever but put my jdm hawkeye up for sale at a crazy price and someone bought it 😱

I've just won this 2017 /2018 sti via torque gt and awaiting for it to arrive.

Does anyone know the differences between the MY17,MY18 and the latest models?

Screenshot_20220603-200432_Outlook.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/4/2021 at 9:36 PM, DanielKomsta said:

Great car in my opinion and there is very little reports of issues on all the forums. So if they don't break they are not expensive to fix. CVT takes a bit of getting used to, but if you don't want to floor it all the time it is far more relaxed than my last Audi A6 with a seven speed DGT gearbox. ☺️

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

So thinking of getting a Levorg in a few months… 1.6 or 2.0 is there a massive difference..

parts Subaru or patten easily available?

heard a tale of the gearbox lagging overtaking but. Doesn’t seem to be a thing when I look at reviews 

Any opinions on these motors 

Had my ‘18 1.6 GT for four years and love it.  Gearbox is very responsive and it is a lovely drive.  Done 40k without a single problem;  I think it may feel a bit quicker and more responsive than the 2 litre non-turbo - no turbo lag and it pulls consistently from 1500 - 5000 rpm without hesitation, so great for overtaking on UK country roads.  I average around 35 mpg on rural routes in Midlands.  38 mpg on long M’way runs at 70 mph.  Don’t know about parts as never needed any but routine servicing about £250-£300 at local non-Subaru garage (who have an ex-Subaru mechanic).  Hope this helps.