a few pics of my project so far

savage bulldogs

That's interesting to hear, deffo something il have to look into

Not sure where on the island does geo set ups either :s

And I bet it is!! No point having the power if you can't put it down!

Not much of a update just a couple of pics i had done by matt woods photography while at a meet with my local forum

matt_woods_photography_1-silverclassic_z

matt_woods_photography-silverclassic_zps

He's obviously talented with a camera as its the cars 21st birthday this month and i think she looks quite good [emoji41]

well in his pics anyways[emoji5]

Your car looks mint Clive.

thanks rick [emoji106]

Bear in mind matts pic's do tell a few lies [emoji5] he had loads of lighting equipment set up around the car and a proper nice looking camera

I do try to keep this one as clean as possible cos, even with regular jet washing under under the arches , my last clean arched classic caught tin worm [emoji57]

Looking mint Clive, just caught up with the dyno vid awesome - brutally awesome :)

It's a bit too loud tbh jay but it helps me keep off boost

Talking about boost it's about time you had some boost n burble back in your life ain't it bud [emoji6]

I've always used cheap mineral oil for running in as it helps things "bed in" quicker I changed it at 250 mls for a new filter and more mineral oil , then at 1k new filter , fully synthetic and map .

I used millers running in oil this time (which is a mineral based oil) it's slightly more expensive than cheaper branded mineral oil but this was mainly due to it being my first turbo build and not wanting to take any chances

Cheers chap

i do prefer the look of the polar black but they don't look that glossy for long as the poxy brake dust turns em matt after 50 miles lol

Well I've been thinking about upgrading the brakes for a while so when a set of recently refurbished brembos with nearly new discs ,red stuff pads and braided lines cropped up I grabbed em 

Gave them a check over and a coat of wheel sealant

20150603_154818_zpsy80yali8.jpg

Although they're both 4 pots the brembos are much bigger and run 30 mm bigger discs

20150604_182454_zpsbxuotk7l.jpg

Had to fit 3 mm spacers to give enough clearance but I'm happy with them

2015-06-05%2018.19.53_zpsstov9nim.jpg

Just got to paint the rear 2 pots "dog nob " red to match [emoji4]

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of bits done on the scoob this week

repainted the rear 2 pots red to match the fronts as I everytime I went out in the scoob I felt like I had odd socks on .

20150611_183041_zps1ywzqxkq.jpg

Also fitted the v3 header tank I'd prepped a while back, which turned out to be a bit of a nightmare due to the differences in the versions.

Mocked up a ally bracket to support the top of the tank to the phase 1 inlet

20150613_104002_zpsq7s00ssc.jpg

Cleaned up the temporary bracket a bit

20150613_121627_zpsmljigort.jpgFitted with new hoses

20150613_141511_zpsyinyjqq9.jpg

Just hoping that the weather stays good this week so I can wash ,clay ,polish and wax before the local charity retro car show and jap show in a couple of weeks

• Like 3

Cheers gambit

Braking's a bit "soft" when the red stuff pads are cold although they do still out perform the 4 pots .

But When they're warm I lose everything off the passenger seat, especially as I haven't got abs

A perfect example of setting expectations when buying pads for a road car - if they have a track bias they will need to get some heat into them to perform properly but then they will really perform :P

• Like 1

Dunno if it's quite as mint as I'd like it to be but after all it's 21 yrs old and hasn't had any paintwork (yet)

Tbh I was quite surprised at the amount of people taking pics and asking questions about it today at the car show[emoji41]

I'll probably never be happy enough for it to be finished but It was the oldest and loudest scoob there

Nice of you to say so stants but I've made,painted and converted loads of bits under the bonnet myself to try and keep costs down/myself busy (pics do tell lies )

it would look neater if I'd have bought "off the shelf" and had the painted bits powder coated but I haven't got the spare £'s or equipment some people have kicking around to achieve a perfect finish .

I've learnt a lot and enjoyed myself along the way , so much so I'm considering building a decent size work shop and getting some spraying equipment to tackle the bodywork and tidy a few things up

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not done to much lately as after cleaning and polishing it every other weekend to take it too the photo shoot ,Bury retro car show and finally japshow ,I promised the Mrs I wouldn't even wash it for at least a fortnight.

Gutted as when I did finally wash it I noticed somthing splashed up the side of the car and all over the drivers side front wheel ......

Brake fluid [emoji33]

When I'd bought the brembos the k sport braided lines were already attached to the calipers with new banjo bolts/copper washers with tape over the "car" end to keep it all debris free [emoji106]

All I did was check the banjo bolts were tight enough before I fitted them as I didn't want to take a chance that any dirt would get in if I removed the lines or tape

Well unfortunately the bloke who sold them to me had not removed the powder coating on the machined surface before bolting the lines onto the calipers.

Pick of the slight weap

20150720_153120_zpsjw6v2jhv.jpg

Once I removed the lines you could see why they were leaking as the brake fluid has eaten the paint and allowed it to leak

20150720_155124_zpsxw1tyhpo.jpg

Which in turn has fubar'd my nice shiny recently refurbed front wheel [emoji35] [emoji36]

20150720_164256_zpsw5wmsmpm.jpg

20150720_181309_zpsf5yj5w93.jpg

if people don't know what they're doing and want to risk catastrophic brake failure on their own car then that's up to them but sell me some shoddily put together brakes with no r clips to hold the pad pins in place and tell me "they're ready to bolt on and nothings missing"

I'm glad he lives a fair distance from me as I could do with staying out of trouble (well for at least another 18 months)

Luckily enough I had put stacks of poor boys sealant on the wheels and a coat of colinite paint sealer on the bodywork so it's not completely fooked but there's still a few blemishes that won't clay and polish out [emoji53]

So I decided to treat the scoob to a slightly quieter infinity exhaust system which isn't as well made as the 5zigen but gives a deep thud on idle and is much quieter on boost due to the massive back box [emoji41]

20150805_184456_zpsfps6h6h5.jpg

20150807_191529_zpshtzwqjdi_edit_1439052

I do still think the red brembos were a good buy as they do stop well (now) and also look good behind the black rotas

20150720_193318_zpsjyz2wrp9.jpg