a few pics of my project so far

savage bulldogs

Cheers Stu , gotta say it was the oldest and probably shinest Scooby at the car show 😁

@stants  not sure if it's cos I've missed her , the new tyres all round or the geo set up but she seems to handle better😎

I've had a heavy workload and a lot of social stuff going on recently , that coupled with the car related back and knee pain has left the bug on the back burner a bit 😕

But hopefully I'll have a update on the bug thread tomorrow 😉

• Like 1

I'd missed the post that this had come back out the body shop.... Looks awesome dude.... My first scoob was a silver '94 so I've always had had a bit of a soft spot for the early ones.... looks great chap....

• Like 1

Originally I was gonna get my mechanicals so I was happy with them and transfer them into a clean type r jdm Shell.  But the v3 UK had caught severe tin worm before I was ready and my brv had to break the clean v1sti to get his money back .

Couldn't let the clean jdm roots sti Shell go to the scrappy ,so here she is lol . 

Although the preface front end is definitely growing on me , the smaller jdm front number plate and lower grill had smartened things up . 

Still seemed to be missing something 🤔 

What with getting her back and getting the bug sti up n running I'd forgotten about the induction scoop that I'd left with the body shop , well until they phoned me to say it was done 😂

20180625_164718.jpg

20180625_183150.jpg

• Like 1

Certainly won't be being scrapped now it's gotta fresh coat of paint , can't see me ever selling it either . tbh Alex, I think I'll probably be buried in it 😂

Did have a parcel from alyn at As performance turn up today

Nothing too exciting though , just some new rear discs and Brembo sport pads for the rear 2 pots .I knew the rear discs and pads were due a change. After all they were the ones off the v3uk and the discs were bought 2nd hand off a mates 04 wrx then (so they've done well)

20180626_173942.jpg

I knew the rear discs were overdue ,as last winter I'd felt a change in the peddle under heavy braking . So I finally got round to changing them yesterday and although the outer sides of the Godspeed discs looked ok , I knew the inner faces were worn . But check out the 1st pic 😲

Think the v1 was getting a bit jealous of the bug sti sitting in the tlc spot in the back garden lol . Although I've not pushed the brakes yet , due to them needing to be bed in , peddle and cold bite are definitely improved 😎

20180629_141644.jpg

20180629_131953.jpg

20180629_131830.jpg

Well it started off just being a exhaust and remap and we know that's not where I am now 😂🤣

"a few pics" seemed like a good name 5 yrs ago , as I only intended to chuck a "few pics " of the ej20 build , to help familiarise people with the boxer layout 🙄

Hopefully it's helped a few members , with tech and confidence to work on their own scoobs , as that was the reason I started it . Just hope it's not turned into a gallery of my scoob and retained some useful information 🤔

Maybe "a few thousand pics of my project so far" .😂

Or "how to stealth a full car refurb past the mrs bolt by bolt " 🤔

Or something simple like "savage's scooby project" 😊

Anyways stants, any sign of boost n burble back in your life yet ?

Finally got the misses driving the focus so hopefully get her passed asap [emoji106]
Starting a new job in Sept which will mean a fair bit more cash & there's a bit of inheritance coming through soon so fingers crossed I'm going to be looking sooner rather than later,

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Not really much of a update tbh as all I've been doing is cleaning it and driving it but here's a few pics of it at local shows along with a couple of it on the driveway with the other v7 sti "project" 😊

Hopefully late summer early autumn,  I'll get chance to get it off the road , too get the inlet manifold de lugged and powder coated along with the cusco h brace and rear lateral links .Then fit the billet rails ,parallel fuel lines ,fuel lab fpr .Along with the whiteline anti lift kit and a few superpro bushes .  Not that im after chasing ponies but if it's not broke ..... upgrade it 😊

20180724_154920.jpg

20180727_102239.jpg

20180617_103336.jpg

20180724_154129.jpg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, seventune said:

The classic looks great with the chin spoiler, skirts and door handles non colour coded with the dark wheels.... 

Although most colour code splitters and plastic trims ,I quite like the look of the early oe black plastics (gives a bit of contrast colour) .

Being unpainted also means that they don't get stone chips either 😉

Thanks stu , i will admit it's nice looking at 2 on the drive 😎  But know i can't afford to run them both forever 😕

The bug sti definitely feels more refined with its linear power delivery , the v1sti is "savage" in comparison ,even though its only running 30 hp ish more than the bug 😊

Well fml , guess when that muppet hit the scoob a few months back it must've cracked the edge of the front windscreen under the trim .

As i woke up this morning to find a crack across the passengers side of the windscreen,  No sign of any impact from a stone chip and it definitely wasn't there yesterday when i was driving it 🤔

Can only assume it's happened as the sun heated it up this morning ffs 😠

20180812_120754.jpg

Gutted mate! !Removed! typical ain’t it? Always something. Just as I sorted my intercooler out, on my way home a massive boulder got shot up by a truck which has taken a massive chunk out in mine. Just had a chip repaired recently too. Not sure if this one is going to be too big...

As for the classic being savage, completely with you! Different beasts! Both my blobs were running more power than my current classic, the classic feels faster and more alive on the road though, by quite a margin. It’s the reason I made the change to one :)

Generally i like the idea of new bits for the scoob but yet again it's not me working on it 😕

My insurance company are gonna love me ,when i tell them i need a new front windscreen after just getting it back from the bodyshop 🙄

Don't get me wrong i do like the way the bug drives and it's certainly no slouch either but there's something about the classic, that just makes it feel more of a drivers car .

More nimble and raw ,especially with close to 300hp per tonne and no abs 😊

Well she's been demoted to the back garden "spot" for now as we're off too Wales for a week soon in the bug sti. 

Hopefully I'll get the windscreen sorted shortly after we get back and I'll get chance to enjoy the bug on the road trip.

20180723_141412.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Not much of a update but the windscreen will be fitted this monday coming.  Which should hopefully give me enough time to slap a coat of wax on her in time for japshow finale at santa pod the following sunday 😊.

Although I've enjoyed driving it this year , instead of pulling it apart every 5 mins 🙄

It will be coming off road for the winter , to try and keep the salt off the paintwork. hopefully it will also give me the time to delug the inlet manifold and get it powder coated , maybe even finally fit the billet fuel rails and parallel fuel lines I've had for nearly 2 yrs 😂

• Like 1

Got a bit carried away with cleaning for japshow finale next weekend and ended up cleaning the arches (to keep the tin worm away) and the front arches are still in good nick for a 24yr old daily 😎

while searching for my ally polish, i found a bag of stickers from a few of the parts I've bought over the years .

I'm not one for stickers normally but thought I'd chuck em on the rad cooling panel in the bay . Haven't quite made my mind up if they'll be staying but here's a few pics. 

20180916_143054.jpg

20180915_160324.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Been driving the bug sti a lot recently,  which is no slouch and a pleasure to drive 😎 

But the v1sti will be coming off the road for the salty winter period soon 🙁 as she's looking good with her fresh coat of paint and I'd like to keep her that way 😉.

So i decided to fire her up and take it for a spin to blow the cobwebs off before hibernation time . Eldest daughter doesn't often let me go out in the v1sti , without her ,as i think she loves the scoob more than me 🙄

Hit the slip lane and she turns to me grinning "Dad this thing you've created is absolutely savage , compared to bluebaru" 😂

Bug does sound nice with the haywood n scott turbo back and hks d.v but i will miss the rawness of the v1sti and the savage soundtrack of the fluttering gt28 and old skool Bailey's d.v 😊

20181026_120316.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I've always driven the v1sti all year round but seing as i have the bug sti and the 24yr old sti has recently had a full respray,  i thought I'd take it off the road for the salty season.  I finally found a seemly decent 5 ply breathable car cover  for £50 😎

I gave the old girl its last bath of the year and took her for a "spin dry" to drive the moisture out the panel gaps and get the surface rust off the discs. 

Being a scooby fanatic,  you'll probably be surprised to hear i quite like the look of evos 😶 but I'm not keen on being tailgated through town . Hit the sliplane and by by 08 plate evo 😊 well up to 70 mph when i dumped it 6th and backed off the throttle and he flew past looking unhappy that my 24yr old sti rinsed him from 0 to 70 mph 😂

Soapy pic and one of it's current  hibernation situation 😥 

So this thread will go quite for a bit .....

Well until spring when the scooby modding season begins 😉 

20181130_101343.jpg

20181130_122309.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Seeing as she's been sleeping for a while and the weather's been in the plus degrees, I decided to start her up and run it up to temp . Gotta say I'm impressed with the car cover ,cos she's proppa shiny still underneath it 😎

Although it's still a bit too cold to strip the inlet manifold off ,it's spurred me on to start the ball rolling on getting the old engine loom replacement lined up. 

Due to the custom reversed inlet manifold I'm running a v3/v4 throttle body ,cable and tps . I've also done a newage coilpack conversion, so decided to get "jt innovation " to make a custom made loom .As not only would a second hand loom be 25yrs old ,with insulation just as brittle as the original one ,it would need to have the newage coil pack pigtails and v3 tps plug spliced in again 🙄.

So no pics or real updates , just thought seeing as I woke her up I'd do the same to the thread 😉

• Like 2

Seeing as I'd bought a Whiteline anti lift kit and super pro wish bone bushes ,I decided it would be rude not to freshen up the rear bushes too 😊

So I bought a set of second hand rear trailing arms and lateral links for a tenner to clean up and fit new bushes in.I'd been putting off cleaning them for a while, as it's a gonna be a cack job to remove the "sti pink paint " that had been slapped over them .

Well the wife said "seeing as you've got nothing to do till dinner time ,you can give me a hand with the housework today "

🤔.......

So I decided to make a start on the "very important job in the shed" today 😊😂

Oh well took about 25 mins to prep the first one ,so that should take me till half past dinner to do the rest 😉

20190203_113822.jpg

• Like 3