a few pics of my project so far

savage bulldogs

Removed the 555cc nismos ,fitted the 740cc nismos and updated the map on the linkg4x with the 740cc deadtimes.Β 

Started and run ok but a bit rich with hunting idle . I've learned a fair bit lately about fuelling and lambda targets, so think I could probably get the afr closer myself . Unfortunately,  I don't know enough about idle control or enrichment tables to create a base map that's close enough to just need a slight fuelling tweek 😏

I'm sure I'll continue to learn and maybe one day have the experience to adjust everything on the link but for now a quick call to Martyn at enginetuner....

after downloading a remote app and about 20 mins of his time online she was idling smoothly 😎.

Then a 15 minute drive around the block and he'd remotely tweeked a off boost map in nicely πŸ€“πŸ˜Š

So impressed with his work that I've booked in next Wednesday for a full map by Martyn,  not looking forward to the 300mile off boost trip to Plymouth but I an looking forward to the 300 mile journey on the way home 😊

So injectors and apexi f.c are out and ready to beΒ collected when you are @Falcongary πŸ˜‰

Β 

• Like 1

Nice to meet @Falcongary today and nice to know my trusty apexi f.c and 555 nismos have gone to a good home ,too😎

Chucked the interior of the car back together and took it for a little drive today , as Martyn had set the ECU up with high long term fuel trims and set a few safeguards up (soft cut for afr , turned boost off )Β 

Β afr was surprisinglyΒ  good for a 30 min remote tweek at part throttle butΒ when under load (up hill) I could see the afr was out a bit . So drove around the block ,Β back up the same hill and the afr was better .

So well impressed with the way Martyn has set up the safeguards and long term fuel trim gains . Also means I'm more confident driving it all the way to Plymouth .

Β not looking forward to a 2am wake up on Wednesday or the 300 mile journey from Suffolk πŸ˜₯

But I'm definitely looking forward to meeting Martyn ,shaking his hand (well covidly safe rubbing elbows lol) and the 300 mile journey home with (hopefully) more ponies ,anti lag and launch control 😎🀞

Β 

• Like 1

So a 2.30 am start yesterday to drive off boost to Plymouth to see Martyn @Enginetuner πŸ€ͺπŸ˜₯.Β 

5hrs , 330 miles and one tank of fuel later I arrived and he got to work fitting the link knock sensor he supplied,  then showed me round his workshop /premises 😎

Then got stuck in with a fresh base map and started to add boost , quick vid of him working his magic on my old girl .

With the maf deleted and the ramair filter, she sounds pretty epic imo ,as for anti lag and launch... that just sounds pure filth 😍 

I'll take a vid of that at some point too but was the 630 mile round trip worth it .....

Hell yeah πŸ˜‚

Screenshot_20201028-230206_Gallery.thumb.jpg.ff11a617059b37ed0e03d9c25bc65149.jpg

The drive home was much more fun with 416.8 hp/ 388flbs and anti lag and launch control 😲😎

He said the engine was quiet in the det cans and nice n strong , the arashi tdo5 20g had more to give if I'd fitted a stronger actuator spring but we left it as is .

As it hits 1.5 bar at about 3.8k and I'm more than happy with how it performs 😎

• Like 3

Cheers @Jay762 will admit it's nice to finally achieve what I set out to do 😎400+hp on a sub £5k budget (engine ,6 speed ,fuel system and turbo ) .

I will admit the apexi and z32 maf would have achieved this but I do like the extra features of the linkg4x.  I do miss the f.c hand controller ,for checking peak parameters while driving 😏

So will have to add a toucan to the list now πŸ™„πŸ˜Š

Im loving the way it drives and the noises it makes , so even though it's a little bit less than mid 400's....I'm gonna leave the power mods alone for now.

There's always room for improvement elsewhere and I'll definitely find something scooby to do . To keep this thread going and my idle hands busy πŸ˜‰

Seeing as the fuelling was a little bit out on the way up to enginetuner and she had a dam good spanking on the dyno . I decidedΒ she's been a good girl , so I'd treat her to a drop of fresh millers nanodrive and jdm black filter .Screenshot_20201030-160508_Gallery.thumb.jpg.a3839c1623c8ea4aab07615e3ff4b7bc.jpg

Phoned Alyn @Asperformance at 11am yesterday , was on the door matt at 10pm the next day 😎

She's still filthy for doing 800 miles in 2 days , so if its dry tomorrow I'll give her a bath too 😊

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ROSSCOSM said:

Was just looking at your first post on this thread amazing how far its come along a bit at a timeΒ 

Yeah I remember buying the first uk turbo and telling the wife "just a exhaust and remap and I'll be happy "πŸ€πŸ€”πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

All that remains of the original v3uk is drivers side rear door , front bumper , rear mid level spoiler and passenger interior kick panel πŸ˜‚

I'm sure if I just spent the cash in one lump I could've built the mechanicals and had it up n running in a monthΒ Β πŸ™„

I'd have been bored and probably single , for spending £10k in a month . So here I am 8yrs and 80k views later, after spending just £5k . still fettling, learning and trying to find cheaper options along the way 😎.

Certainly looking forward to a covid free spring next year 🀞 ,so I can go to a few shows and down the 1/4 at santa pod 😊

Β 

• Like 2

Lol that sounds like what lam doing when I got mine was going to keep it all original and after 55 miles blewΒ the bottom end,Β so sourced another engine put that in.Β New brake calipers all round and then bought a back box, midsection and Decat Downpipe.Β New radiator and fans,Β Front mounted intercooler and now thanks to you Β @savage bulldogsΒ got the Apex and the 550 injectorsΒ very happy πŸ˜ƒ Just can’t wait For a dry weekend so I can get on with fitting them! Got the injectors fitting kit. Thanks again you’ve really helped me out mate! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

75889203-E833-444A-A6F8-B95D2642C8A9.jpeg

• Like 2

No probs fella,  glad it went to a good home and Alyn  @asperformance could source those phase adapters 😎

just make sure the mapper holds theΒ tdo5 and 555cc nismo combo torque and hp back a bit ..... or you'll need to add a stronger gearbox to that list ,shortly after mapping πŸ˜‰

As for modifying scoobies,Β  it's a slippery slope as soon as you start πŸ™„πŸ˜‚

Yeah clive attowe did the map on the apexi with those injectors,Β  I told him to expect a call from you and sure he'll keep it to a ty52 safe (ish) 330hp /300flbs πŸ˜‰

Just tell either Clive or dale the apexi f.c /nismo injectors areΒ from my car and he shouldΒ know who you are Gary πŸ‘

Sweet 330hp niceπŸ‘Œ Going to try and fit it next weekend hopefully not raining. Got a fuel pressure regulator as well to go on,Β Nice and shiny. Soon as it’s all on I’ll be giving them a buzzπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ Thanks again πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Falcongary said:

Sweet 330hp niceπŸ‘Œ Going to try and fit it next weekend hopefully not raining. Got a fuel pressure regulator as well to go on,Β Nice and shiny. Soon as it’s all on I’ll be giving them a buzzπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ Thanks again πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

Sounds like you need a thread of your own to keep us updated - as mentioned before its a slippery slope 😁

I’m a so sorry to jump on this thread (I’ve been following your progress over the last few years, great job) but I am just not getting any answers.

Β 

So I have a 54 plate blob eye Wrx wagonΒ EJ205

I’m just wondering the rough price I should expect toΒ be paying for a new clutch and fitting.

(Standard clutch replacement, like for like)

Β 

I will delete this after I promise.

I do apologise it’s a last resort! I’m pulling my hair out not having her on the road πŸ™‚

• Like 1

After Hermes delivered the first switches I bought to Scotland πŸ€”

I finally got round to fitting both oe foglight switches that I'm going to use for anti lag and 2Β boost targets. Think I'll eventually like the ,newer style switches and find out how to wire them up so the "foglight LED on bulb " lights up when switch is armed . For now I'm happy with the oe look and didn't fancy big red covered "missile switches"Β 

Screenshot_20201108-162006_Gallery.thumb.jpg.d45d91a9cd7f629a24d1383911259b61.jpg

I'd already ran both di wires from the link expansion board , so it was just a case of fitting a earth to one pin on the back of the switchΒ and the di wire (from the digital input pin) to the other side of the switch .

Then setting up what you want to use the "di pin " for in ECU settings (anti lag ,boost target ect ) and then selecting a pull up resistor on that di pin . This basically sends 5v down the di pin wire and when switch is pressed it, senses the voltage drop and activates that function on the ECU πŸ˜‰

Screenshot_20201108-162023_Gallery.thumb.jpg.a90cc23a3f4a19c8fbf7d703439de919.jpg

Martyn had set low boost to 1 bar while it was sat on his dynoΒ  , I asked what sort of hp that was and he did a pull .... bang on 350 hp 330flbsΒ  . Which tbh is enough in a 1230kg awd car anyways πŸ˜‰

Β 

but it's nice to know there's another 70hp /flbs and anti lag a oe switch away 😎

I do miss the f.c peak display more than I thought I would , so guess I'll be looking into linkg4x compatible tablets or a toucan at some point 😊

Β 

• Like 2

It will be a while before I dare spend a significant sum in one go , on the scooby.Β 

Definitely pushed the budget out  bit this year but its kept us all busy during lockdown lol . You know me Jay , always keen to try something different.  So although I know a toucan is probably the easiest option , I'll look into the cheaper  tablet/link options first 😊

• Like 1

Popped out to essentially drop my daughter off at work and had a slip lane pull with a 18 plate m3 .

Β I hit boost in 3rd and put 4 car lengths between usΒ πŸ˜‚Β 

Needless to say I dumped it in 6th at 70mph and once he'd caught up ,his face was a picture Β as he passed πŸ˜‚

Built not financed for ftw πŸ˜‰

Haven't really used the anti lag n launch yet and will eventually get a vid of it in action .

but i did flick switch it on and blip the throttle once I got home , she sounds dirty  😊

• Haha 1

I don't take part in "street racing " and iΒ don't enjoy being tailgated .

But I do like watching people swing into the outside lane on a slip lane to over take my retro jap crap ....

Β 

Only to be left for dust up to 70mph πŸ˜‚

Guess he'll be taking that beemer back to the garage and cancelling his finance 😊

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Decided to make the most of the winter sun and air the car out and clean the interiorΒ 

20201214_133203.thumb.jpg.d818ac4a818693922452b3fed61628db.jpg

looks more simplistic with the avcr and apexi f.c screens gone , the oe foglight anti lag and launch switches just blend it too .

20201214_133605.thumb.jpg.1d68a7e479d06e7e1fc00ad12801359b.jpg

Talking of anti lag and launch control,  unfortunately I still haven't got someone to take a vid of it in motion 😏

Β 

but here's a short clip of it spooling the 20g nicely on the spotΒ 

Β 

No flames due to the 2 resonators in the center section and big back box on my trackday system but that noise 😍

Β 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So haven't had any updates as I've just been (essentially) driving ,grinning ,cleaning and repeat 😎

Did take a few pics after using it to price the plastering in a barn conversion .20210125_115754.thumb.jpg.769073a0348c7e7a2c04d6f8229094ce.jpg

20210125_115657.thumb.jpg.ba41370e5daf893ddec1d47db033eb2c.jpg20210125_115442.thumb.jpg.788f32a79f537512f57da4fce9bd4017.jpg

gotta say the 2.1 and the new geo set up lapped up the country lanes 😜

Literally,Β  it was filthy when I got back πŸ˜‚ well impressed with the xmas pressieΒ 

Screenshot_20210131-101020_Gallery.thumb.jpg.16600d225b16c5bd397b58eab7e4047a.jpg

clay cloth company snow foam n lance is a great bit of kitΒ .

Β 

Took another vid which shows the difference between normal ,first two blips of the throttle and anti lag enabled.Β 

you can hear the idle change once the "grin switch" is pressed πŸ’¨πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯😊

Β 

• Like 2