What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Drove to work in the wifes car as both fobs have decided to die 😠😠 couldn't find the right ones in sainsburys so off to timpsons in the morning :) 

Daft question but,you couldnt find the right what at sainsburys.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Got my winter tyres put on yesterday.... cost me 48 quid to change over...

robbing ****** wanted to charge me 57...

think its about time i get me a set of spare alloys

Pay for themselves in no time mate

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 hours ago, aucky said:

Batterys, they sell a wide range on the flat batteries for watches and fobs in sainsburys but not the correct one for my fobs (cr1632), timpsons dont sell them either so ended up at Halfords and they cost £4 each 😑 on the plus side i can now drive my car 😂

James 

16 hours ago, aucky said:

found out today my cheap wilko wiper blades are complete crap in heavy rain :laugh:

funny that :laugh:.... Go for PIAA, always first thing I change on new car as the silicone means the water beads and runs off no problem - initial expense but they do last. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmymac101 said:

Batterys, they sell a wide range on the flat batteries for watches and fobs in sainsburys but not the correct one for my fobs (cr1632), timpsons dont sell them either so ended up at halfords and they cost £4 each 😑 on the plus side i can now drive my car 😂

James 

252613577198.  eBay. Half the price for 2. Used sainsburies for one when needed it urgently but used these ever since. 

PIAA wipers worth it? Haven't changed them on this car yet but usually use Halfords or bosh depending what discount I get 

Batterys, they sell a wide range on the flat batteries for watches and fobs in sainsburys but not the correct one for my fobs (cr1632), timpsons dont sell them either so ended up at Halfords and they cost £4 each 😑 on the plus side i can now drive my car 😂

James 

It makes more sence now av not had a few beers.as last night when i read you borrowed wifes car and couldnt find right 1 at Sainsbury"s, i thought you could find wifes car in car park [emoji3] duh

Stopped at the Chippy on the way home last night...saw the owner coming out and pointing at the scoob with his family.

Do you ever get bored of people admiring your scooby? [emoji23]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Yes because people ask how fast it is and I have to explain Subaru did actually make more than the wrx and Sti lol

gearbox oil topped up, was well below the low mark and the gear change problems are going away more each Time I use it, gonna do a full change next. Cleaned and mostly waxed ready for more salt. 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jamie_uk said:

Yes because people ask how fast it is and I have to explain Subaru did actually make more than the wrx and Sti lol

gearbox oil topped up, was well below the low mark and the gear change problems are going away more each Time I use it, gonna do a full change next. Cleaned and mostly waxed ready for more salt. 

image.jpeg

I'm more impressed Subaru have made a car that can stick to walls so well! :D

• Like 1

Well I've had a mare of a week. My beasty failed it's mot and needed the offside front outrigger welding. Mate welded it for me as he does welding for a job. Went for the retest today and it failed again, the chap said it needs a complete plate not separate bits. So my question is can I buy these? The car is a 2000 wrx x

Moderately productive day. Replaced rear diff oil, pretty sure Subaru Employ the hulk they take the mick with how tight the plugs are.  Replaced grey Subaru carpets for some blue custom made , quality is ok for £20 anyway. Under sealed back end and behind wheels still need to do front end. Swapped wheels round. Hoovered, reblacked all rubber and plastic. 

ovation winter tyres, not great but only used 2mm doing 10,000 miles.  Thought be burnt up by now tbh want some decent ones on. 

image.jpeg

Subaru did a "sort of" recall on the front wishbones for some newage models. Think it just consisted of someone hitting a dot punch against the rusty wishbones .

If it made a hole you got shiny new ones if it didn't punch a hole in them you were stuck with the standard twiglets on the front

Been working away from home for the last couple of weeks but arrived back this evening to find a nice little box waiting for me...

20161125_202435_zpsb9mohudh.jpg

And inside :D

20161125_202702_zpsbfh9fbri.jpg

A pretty easy straighforward swap. The original unit pops out (once you can get you hands behind the dash) but only slightly as the wiring loom prevents full access (This is a RHD car). A small jewelers type screwdriver can be used to release the tab holding the wiring connector in place. The new unit simply plugs straight in. Testing before fitting it back in place....

20161125_205444_zpsob5i9tw7.jpg

Light turns orange when button is pushed...

20161125_205500_zpscwvywzum.jpg

And goes green when the clutch is depressed ready for ignition...

20161125_205537_zpsgyt81m2g.jpg

Don't you just love little mods which take only a few minutes but make a such big difference (visually anyway!).

Interesting that the lettering has a different layout to that shown on the site.

Shipping took less than a week to NZ :smile:

Gary

Removed front end to find I couldn't fit a mesh sheet instead of the grill without chopping up the existing parts. Gonna have to buy a proper grill afterall. Dammit. 

Fitted a front lip though and cleaned out radiator while it was off. £15 for lip and fixings. Isn't gods gift but for the price pretty happy with it. 

image.jpeg