What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

I've been disconnecting and photographing a few more bits, ready for my new engine!

De-gassing my own air conditioning was possibly the most stupid thing I've ever done. (Probably should've looked it up before doing it)

Seemed easier to take the pipe straight off the AC pump, rather than try and take it all out with the engine... I'm sure somebody will tell me there was a much simpler way of doing that now!

Put four pots and new discs

but now when I hit 80ish I get quite a bad steering wheel shake that wasn't there on the two pots, would I just of knocked the wheel balancing or something?

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Did you take all four off and put them back on the same way you took them off ? 

Or did the pistons on the brake calipers move freely. 

But I'd have a look at the drop links on the front make sure ones not snapped check tyres for any bubbling on the inside rim. As Gaulson said check bolt's. If all that is fine I'd think it was the discs. 

Been a bit out of it past couple of days due to having a tooth out, Subaru hasn't come out from under the cover since the weekend. Going to be a double whammy tonight, need fuel in the Seat on way home and then the Scoob needs some on my joy ride tonight! lol

Been out for my drive to get fuel... had to fend off a C3, yes, a C3 :(. He was right up my behind, decided you only live once and drove like a bad man. Took him 5 minutes to catch up once I had got to the 30 zone :). Then followed a drunk/texting driver in a 15 plate Golf who was all over the road and I mean all over... wish I had my GoPro!

• Like 1

post-3889-143284691799_thumb.jpg

Made a feeble start on replacing my vac lines before light failed ... Maybe have to do the rest at the weekend in the man-cave at work as I don't have one at home [emoji22]

Although, have test driven after .. I guess even the smallest of vac leaks makes a huge difference in the response from throttle [emoji33]

• Like 1

More goodies through :D

51bm2c.jpg

New front anti roll bar links and bushes to go with my new rear anti roll bar, links and bushes.

Ready to be fitted and then geo set up. Just trying to decide whether to get some hubcentric wheel spacers too. Expensive and heard they can cause excessive hub wear. But my wheels are pretty sunk into the arches and a slightly wider track would be beneficial. Plus can 5mm or 10mm each side really harm the hubs that much? Need more research me thinks....

• Like 2

Preparations for NBO started for me today....gave her a good wash and touched in a few stone chips.

Also had another go at tackling my road rash on the back quarter of my rear doors....it's not gonna beat me lol. Not sure how well the pics will show the progress, but I reckon I'm getting there and it takes years off the cars age....some before and afters

post-1739-143299470986_thumb.jpg

post-1739-143299472248_thumb.jpg

post-1739-143299473478_thumb.jpg

post-1739-143299474732_thumb.jpg

Hopefully will be able to tell the difference when I look on laptop later [emoji106]

• Like 1

Looks loads better David! [emoji106]

Sent from my Galaxy S6 edge using Tapatalk

Cheers mate; it's getting there. I reckon a couple more sessions with the megs ultimate compound and I'll be there. Magic stuff it is [emoji6]

There is a chance I will get my car back next week so been looking into exhorts and downpipes ready for when I get it back.

Not sure if I should loose the cat or not but know I need a better system than stock.