What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Nearly ripped my splitter off putting my scoob on the back of my mates recovery truck today [emoji19]

Drove my kids to their football game parked on the grass away from everyone so I didn't get anymore car park dents .

1.5 hrs later started it up to find it wouldn't idle and misfiring[emoji15] if you feather the throttle and kept it running, it was kicking out black plumes of shells finest and the pops n bangs were spooling the turbo like antilag wtf .

Think it's been caused by the steam of the wrapped headers and grass combo [emoji55]

It does get a bit like a swedish sauna under the bonnet if it's been raining so iv'e probably killed the maf [emoji53]

Might tell the mrs that we need a z32 maf conversion/replacement asap [emoji39]

Na no more dents but I probably wouldn't have parked on tall wet grass if I didn't get that dent a couple of weeks ago .

Just checked all the basics there and then but killed the Battery trying things out.

I've got a spare maf in the shed and the bateries on charge now .I just wasn't going to leave her 5 mls from home overnight and shes a bit low for my mates car transporters ramps [emoji51]

Green label early impreza maf's are known to max out sub 370 hp (can't meter enough air flow) z32 or Q4 is the usual upgrade .

I think v3 onwards they fitted bigger mafs and newage are bigger still .

Fingers crossed it's the maf [emoji51]

Cos otherwise it's probably electrical and I ain't no sparky , just a spanner monkey [emoji87]

Nearly ripped my splitter off putting my scoob on the back of my mates recovery truck today [emoji19]

Drove my kids to their football game parked on the grass away from everyone so I didn't get anymore car park dents .

1.5 hrs later started it up to find it wouldn't idle and misfiring[emoji15] if you feather the throttle and kept it running, it was kicking out black plumes of shells finest and the pops n bangs were spooling the turbo like antilag wtf .

Think it's been caused by the steam of the wrapped headers and grass combo [emoji55]

It does get a bit like a swedish sauna under the bonnet if it's been raining so iv'e probably killed the maf [emoji53]

Might tell the mrs that we need a z32 maf conversion/replacement asap [emoji39]

OWCH!!....I really hope that`s not a euphemism!

• Like 1

Just been out with the pooches to the usual evening haunt, the local posh hotel car park I posted in the photos above. Pity the cam is not great in low light, no lights in the rear car park so I may just have to do it all over again tomorrow. :D I would have done this the other day but the missus was with me and she already thinks i`m a senile delinquent. 

Only a minute or so of each and you can tell when in the 2nd video I switched it back on for another run. Didn`t want to over stay as they have CCTV.

Tested the VDC out and then switched it off. With it turned on it`s !Removed! hard to get the car to loose its petticoat, but when off you can do all the fish-tailing you want. Very impressed with the handling....VDC works so well!!  

I`ll post it in here if it`s ok....... if the mods need me to move it over to the Tube/Dashcam section let me know. They both start at around 3.40 ish.

http://youtu.be/y7dZtLK1NiU

Just checked all bolts under car from last week's work all good, I am however getting a petrol smell outside the car since the fuel pump change ? Gonna have a look at that on my dinner. There seems to be no pressure when the cap is undone, any ideas ?

Hi mate, my curiosity was getting the better of me, had the inspection cover off again everything looks good, top of tank dry and no smell inside the car, nipped a couple of bolts up, not sure tightening sequence so I did it like you would a cylinder head last week?

Could it be the fuel caps not sealing properly ?

Don't you just hate work days like this....want to play, want to play [emoji35]

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1421662951.179151.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you posted that david, a lass in my office who lives in consett has took the day off as shes "snowed in". Hmmm yea right.

Annoyingly i have to cover her meetings.