What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

I clayed and sealed it in November then it only gets a jet wash and a bucket of wash n wax every fortnight till spring .

Still trying to find the courage to brave the cold to change the oil n filter .

We've had no snow here [emoji19]

just sharp frosts and 4° temps all day

Are the justys transverse engined ? (Engine and gearbox in the bay)

Or longitudinal like scoobs n beemers ?

I can't tell from the pic .

I did think about building a sleeper turbo brat pick up with impreza mechanicals .

I'd swop the work combo van for one of those any day[emoji41]

transverse unfortunately :(. Would take a bit of work but the look on peoples faces at lights would be worth it!

I have a question, will alloy wishbones from a classic fit an early new age? Also... are they worth it? I can get a pair for £70!

I read that classic and bugeye share more parts than classic and blobeye upwards but hey I don't believe everything I read on the net

I'm fairly sure that anti lift kits are sold for either newage or classic fitment and they bolt to the wishbones .

Ally one's are lighter and don't rust but bear in mind you'd have to change the front droplinks to suit ally wishbones as well .

Personally I'd leave the steal ones in situ unless yours are showing signs of excessive rust or your replacing/upgrading some bushes in that area

I not 100% sure about the wishbone fitment but if the part numbers for the ally wishbone bushes on classic and bugeye are the same then in "theory" they should fit .

If you do buy any ally arms make sure the seller includes the "cones" which are sleves that sit on top of the balljoints to stop them wearing the taper in the ally wishbones they sit in .

I'm running a bump steer kit on my classic and had to make sure it was suitable for my ally arms so check the balljoint part numbers too bud

I sold my last set of classic ally arms with cones for £40 but they only had standard bushes in

Cars not happy today....one or two noises from the engine, but mainly the problem was the brakes. Best way to describe is that it feels like there are stones between the pads and discs at the front [emoji54] doesn't feel or sound good

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Cars not happy today....one or two noises from the engine, but mainly the problem was the brakes. Best way to describe is that it feels like there are stones between the pads and discs at the front [emoji54] doesn't feel or sound good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe there is or loads of salty crap between the disc and !Removed! gaurd ?

Brakes better this morning so hopefully just salt n ****....noise might just be part of heat shield too, so hopefully nothing that can't be sorted with a penny washer. Going to give the discs n pads a blast with the hose later to wash any loose **** out

**** just turned the engine over and got an almighty screech. Oh dear..

Edit, was informed tht the screech was just the starter motor gripping onto the new clutch plate.

Bit of a brown trousers moment there tom ?

Changed pitch stop a while back sounded like the starter was in the passenger footwell

A good blast with the hose and brakes 100% normal again.

My other rattle / vibration looks to be due to exhaust hanger rusted and snapped just before y-pipe....convinces self it's time for that stainless exhaust....now how to get past SWMBO....