What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Never stops Tom. In fact just ordered £200 worth of parts. Got another £350 worth in my basket still waiting for my next couple of paydays to get them paid off lol.

Once I've got those then it's saving for fitment, then will be saving for my next parts/maintenance work. Never ends!

Rotated all 4 tyres see if the pesky noise stops,

Sav, dipped the clutch and the noise is still there,reckon that rules the diff out ?

Would have fitted my new bushes today & had a test drive but the auditor has just arrived grrrrr [emoji22] may have to look like I'm doing some actual work today !

I would if I thought I could win it. And no doubt it's the road's. Gonna have 225 40 18s see if I can go more than a year with out have a problem. It went bang yesterday the bubble. Funny enough right outside the garage but had to order the tyre's. And then open reach didn't show to fix my Internet so topped the day off well lost a day waiting and cost me a small fortune lol.

Tossers !

My mate buckled a wheel on something that could only be described as an asteroid strike size hole, took pic of wheel and got the garage to confirm that it was dead sent it off council ended up paying out for a new rim, took a while though.

I thought about doing that with the wheel I broke, there is a big pot hole that has opened up in my village. Perfect for it... ;). My Subaru parts should be posted today, will have them for the weekend! Got next week off so I can do some stuff to the Subaru such as sort the wheels and calipers out. Clean the discs and put new pads in. It's getting so close to the end now, can't wait.

Browsing eBay last night there is a Subaru Samber and a Subaru Brat! Quite interested in the Brat as they are getting rare.

Rotated all 4 tyres see if the pesky noise stops,

Sav, dipped the clutch and the noise is still there,reckon that rules the diff out ?

Would have fitted my new bushes today & had a test drive but the auditor has just arrived grrrrr [emoji22] may have to look like I'm doing some actual work today !

Wheel bearing?.......mine sounds like an old chuff-chuff, one of my rears, new bearing being fitted on Friday!

Possibly I'm just eliminating all other options before I go down that route, it stopped when I swapped the rears over but has now started again, only does it when moving the wheel right, even the slightest movement off to the left makes it stop. Doesn't happen in a straight line either.

Must have been doing it since Christmas, at 1st I just put it down to the new gearbox mounts and more nvh

Problem with Subaru wheel bearing that i`ve had done (front, never had a rear one go before) they do have a tendency to eat the hub, twice i`ve had to have the hubs sleeved because they were chewed to bits, you dont get much notice, as soon as you know i`ts a bearing get it sorted!

Yeah I've heard that earliest I can get in is the 13th trying to swap around for Friday if I can, did you have any play in the hub was it noticable ? Heave the whole lot a wriggle this morning but seemed tight, hopefuly it's not baked it's self to the inside

Right swapped front to back now 'm getting horrendous wheel wobble from os front, had this in the summer so had it re ballanced, stuck it on the rear, so anyone know a way of seeing if the wheels true? I guess it's out of shape ?

So do I buy one wheel & 4 tyres ?

Ive not really been on here much lol.Ive been really busy working back in the garage on the tools and I wouldn't change it for anything lol.I do plan on doing some jobs on the Forester over the weekend though

Two new rims and 4 new tyres on order as took the offending wheel to ats and they couldn't get it ballanced, every weight threw up different readings, so the rim's had it by the looks of things.

if the tax & insurance wasn't due soon not to mention new tyres and not spent the money on the map I may have got away with it , managed to get two brand new oem rims for 113 delivered. Fitted new roll bar bushes this evening while swapping the wonky wheel back to the rear. [emoji16]

Got to start saving for the wedding & house fund really [emoji15]

Next month will be back to under the radar purchases

• Like 1

Bought my car on Saturday

Mega interior clean on Sunday

Over next couple of evenings

Checked Lights wipers etc ready for MOT Saturday

Ohh and went for a bit of a drive tonight :)