What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

What power did it make? Quite a lot more than a vw or audi to map but I guess this is all custom

The map itself gave 26hp but it does more than just power. It changed when the turbo kicks in. It's got amazing throttle response now and the mid range kick is shocking. Might sound a lot of money for the amount of power but there's a lot more to it than just ponies. [emoji5] [emoji5] [emoji5]

Id highly recommend Duncan. Hes a nice bloke and has time for a chat despite being busy. I bombarded him with questions and not once did he come across fed up like I'd probably be. I was like a little kid unwrapping a new games console at Xmas.

• Like 2

Please excuse my dumbness here, but my outback runs 245bhp as standard yet is 2+bit secs slower to 60 than a standard bug or blob wrx despite more ponies....is it all to with power to weight, the lack of turbo or a bit of both?

Just interested really as I'm not a mechanical whizz by any stretch of the imagination [emoji15]

Thanks guys

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Weight probably has a bit to do with it as Classics sti's are about 600kg lighter than newage sti's and I'd assume that the outback is a bit heavier still

I'm Sure it still shocks a few people how well it pulls with 245 hp , especially on the carriage way with no lag and a rolling start [emoji4]

• Like 1

Unless your me who seems to have lost bhp but gained loads of torque, can't quite work out how/where as everyone I've spoken to reckons like ghost the figures should be quite evenly matched

I'm Sure it still shocks a few people how well it pulls with 245 hp , especially on the carriage way with no lag and a rolling start [emoji4]

The stealth factor is what I enjoy the most [emoji6]

• Like 1

He reckoned that it's just the way it was, I've been told the rollers at GR read a bit on the low side by someone else.

Dunc said there was no way mine ever made 240 from the factory, which is pants as it's supposed to have more aggressive cams in.

Everything was working well and what not according to dunc keep feeding the boost in but it wasn't making any difference.

Heads make power and bottom end makes torque from what I'm LED to believe so if I was to get the heads ported & polished maybe injectors cleaned or changed for 440's maybe I'd get a bit more hp but I'm happy

Well tomorrow the car is going into Subaru4you for its major service (60k), new Cosworth panel filter fitted and for the annoying squeek fixed!

What squeak do you have?

--

I make Films and Website for people

Its a drive belt i think as when the car is cold and i hard lock left it squeeks and i lose power steering for a few seconds. I spoke to the garage and they told me its all the symptons of a drive belt so £33 to fix.

Today I've hived off my annual car user allowance into the scoob pot [emoji106]

Just in time for the road tax due at the end of June [emoji35]