What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Yeah I'd been picked the missus up went to Thoresby got couple of ciders as its been nice driving back then just lots of clanging like I was draging metal type noise. I even wasjhed the botch and this is how she repays me lol. But only thing I can think it is. Diffs due a change but I'm sure its not that. I'll have look in a bit. Bit couuld do witg some hydraulic ramps really.

Yer I dont have a lift in my back garden sorry mate, Happy to help out if you need another set of hands. Miss my car so helping fix another one might be fun :-D

Not sure I know what I am doing but thats what youtube is for haha.

• Like 1

Try double declutching for a couple of days, that way you'll know if it's the syncro's giving you grief,

Red line's shockoil is supposed to be good for crunchy boxes

Rumour has it gambit likes a crunchy box....

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Cheers mate appropriate the offer going to have a look see what the cost is for another box I guess I should get the code first.

And I just had a slight crunch into 4th gear stants wasn't overly bad but annoying so unless I was on boost I used to just go 5th gear and back too fourth that way it didnt crunch. I had put some mollyslip in helped a little but think its given up now.

Cheers I'll have a look roumd first then try all the usual suspects might give them a call too Monday. It's still driving but sound's awful so might get it down to my local garage if I can for them to have a look on the ramps. But I'd put my life on it its the gearbox.

Well I'm starting to think its diff related or part of it as ive just put it in the garage it was rattling whem moving I could select gears easy enough. It did seem to lock though as I was trying to pull forward before lunging again like it was something sizing. So still non the wiser really. I'll try get a mechanic out so I dont need to drive it. Can see me doing more damage than good.

To be fair the six speed was a thought but I've always said to myself I'd get an sti for anything more in power.

I'd say the noise when I was driving sound more constant at higher speed when it did it. Like the noise of metal scraping under it. I was expecting to see the gearbox dragging it's !Removed! until I changed gear. Definitely in every gear revers too. No noise at all on idle because that was my first thoughts when it went was bigend. The other reason I thought diff. But could be wrong was the like locking it did when in gear it would drive at slow speed in the yard would come to a stop myself to turn but it was like the brakes had locked on then shoot forward all of a sudden. I am only guessing though. Only thing I'm sure its with in the gear box area haha [emoji1]

Thanks yeah what I thought my4th gear has been bad for some time had no real warning if you get any fromca diff going so it's that that has kept me wondering. And this one's my baby I don't like to see her all sick [emoji22] but to be fair the other one doesn't even get driven hardly at all get the shock of its life lol.

Not done it as of yet, but my up-pipe that I bought of Ash arrived... bargain price for an unused part! Now just need to save up some cash so I can get the part fitted then get the car remapped :D

post-3090-0-70885900-1431892332_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Well hopefully got a gearbox sorted Thanks to Martin at Sheffield Subaru Service blokes a legend :)

That was fast, not fair if you get yours back before I get mine.

--

I make Films and Website for people

You have a diagnosis?

Well sort of i'm going with Gearbox or center diff. So just got a gear box lol :) 

That was fast, not fair if you get yours back before I get mine.

I'm hoping to get it back within a week maybe 2 tops :D But it doesn't matter I'm still driving around in a Scoob but I just prefer the bugeye it makes more noise :D