What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Driven to the !Removed! end of the world, 252 miles took nearly 7 hours inc a stop for dinner. Have to apologise to the bugeye owner with the spoiler risers pulling a trailer that I overtook, if you'd had the light/number plate board attached to the trailer instead of lying flat in the back i'd have known what direction you intended to take

My brother came round today with his Toyota Celica he has done a V6 engine swap with, pretty quick car and he's done a good job :).

post-2084-0-44206500-1442693237_thumb.jp

Oh and here is a bit of test of the speed....

Kept up very well I thought!

Also he said that my car was puffing out "brown" smoke when I was in the higher speeds.... is that normal?

• Like 1

My brother came round today with his Toyota Celica he has done a V6 engine swap with, pretty quick car and he's done a good job :).

attachicon.gifCelica.jpg

Oh and here is a bit of test of the speed....

http://youtu.be/APQzYOEP030

Kept up very well I thought!

Also he said that my car was puffing out "brown" smoke when I was in the higher speeds.... is that normal?

That's the 3vz engine isn't it? I put one if those in my old mr2 torque is amazing

I love my car...my bank account does not

They are an absolute peice of 9iss. Problem I had with mine is I let my mate take over the job because of my dodgy back and he didn't free off the slide pins and the pads were binding. (Now we've moved I've no garage so I used his) so I had to do the job all over again.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 edge using Potatotalk

They are an absolute peice of 9iss. Problem I had with mine is I let my mate take over the job because of my dodgy back and he didn't free off the slide pins and the pads were binding. (Now we've moved I've no garage so I used his) so I had to do the job all over again.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 edge using Potatotalk

This is why I won't do it....you've lost me already and I'd have no idea if I was doing it right or not.

Would rather not put my life and the life of others in danger [emoji106]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Today I have been reading my first letter from the council about an alleged noise nuisance complaint. [emoji23]

Wrote a letter up and went to all the houses knocking on doors giving them a copy from the council and my cover letter. Had a little chat with all the neighbours about it all. Main complaint is when I go to work at 6:15. Everyone was strangely ok and not one of them made the complaint.

Someone made a compliant but they're supposed to have discussed the matter directly with you. Also they should be able to advise what the noise levels are that cause a nuisance, when this noise occurs and allow you the opportunity to address. If your car is within legal noise limits there's not really a lot they can do unless it breaches the nuisance laws which is hard to do if it's legal.

I had a similar issue with my old race car, all I used to do was let it roll off the drive and start it on the road, traffic can't be called a nuisance, not sure if you can do this? It's a pretty weak case

Someone made a compliant but they're supposed to have discussed the matter directly with you. Also they should be able to advise what the noise levels are that cause a nuisance, when this noise occurs and allow you the opportunity to address. If your car is within legal noise limits there's not really a lot they can do unless it breaches the nuisance laws which is hard to do if it's legal.

I had a similar issue with my old race car, all I used to do was let it roll off the drive and start it on the road, traffic can't be called a nuisance, not sure if you can do this? It's a pretty weak case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I explained that on my cover letter. Just said if any one has an issue I'd rather they come straight to me. I'll throw up a copy of the letter in a bit. My car is pretty tame really and I'm one of the slowest drivers down my road. It's just the 3-5 minute warm up at 6:15am each day. I coast down the road still on a warm up too. I like to think I'm very considerste.

I can't roll it anywhere really. Hopefully they will come speak to me next time. I've at least shown them I'm polite and no doubt they will all speak to each other.

My car wasn't take at all, it sounded like a jet plane taking off, and used to just burst into life. Also used to idle at 1800rpm. But because I started the car on the highway I was traffic and it was just tough. You might end up using an external pre-heater or something. Maybe have another silencer that you slide on the end while warming up [emoji12]

Won't 've changing it. It's legal and I reckon it was just a bee in bonnet situation. Since everyone I spoke to was ok and happy enough I don't see the need to change it. If one of them had said to me they complained then I'd have discussed how we can resolve it.