What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

6 minutes ago, savage bulldogs said:

Cheers , center caps are a bit faded but the wheels are fairly mint otherwise , the mate i bought the bug off said they were fairly rare ?

Not that it matters , cos they do suit the car well imo

Did these wheels myself. Bought them for £150 with chips and marks all over. 

Acid dipped, sanded and smoothed the kerb marks out. Bought some GTpro alloy primer and GTpro gold paint and GTpro laquer. 

3 coats of primer, 3 of gold and 4 laquer.

Yours look like the UK300 wheels. 

EF5EA9D6-D932-4CCB-BE58-EA041D136251.jpeg

4ACB0AC0-01E0-4D9C-98BC-EDB8549E939A.jpeg

23ED2C71-5510-487A-AED2-3884649EF7A1.jpeg

D68C0497-A54B-4F19-A592-700DF0A02336.jpeg

96A1836C-7206-4283-9BE0-E095DD00399E.jpeg

• Like 1

Broke the elbow off the top of my dv, blocked the pipe off as a temp measure forgetting that the boat pressure will just blow the dv open any way [emoji85] so off boost for a bit till I can fix/replace it

Loud pipes save lives

Thought id take the Forge DV off today and put the standard recirc on, then got a bollocking off the neighbour for not parking my car in my garage??? 

Why would i want to park it in my garage? Her reply.... “coz it wakes me up at half 5 every morning” 

my reply “what a shame”

Fitted my STI spoilers the other day and took advantage of the nice weather this afternoon to wash and wax the car. Didnt have time to polish the car before using the wax. But it still came out nice.

Does anyone have any experience cleaning up the mess left behind by the foam used on the wind strips? I had to take mine off as they were damaged and the mess left behind is impossible to remove! You can see it in the picture.

20180224_151900.jpg

20180225_174332.jpg

20180225_173349.jpg

• Like 1

Doesn't look like it's done any damage though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bores ,block journals and crank visually look fine but I'll measure everything myself , then get the engineer the double check everything and (hopefully) just hone the bores .

I'm gonna throw the crank anyways, as I'm definitely fitting new crank , race bearings and new rings as a bear minimum [emoji6]

1dae5a74e3731b1baecaa8b68bc92b93.jpg
  • Like 1

I will be very interested to follow this build savage. I love seeing people do engine work.

Its inspiring. It got me to do the work on my own car. Never done anything up until this point, bar changing light bulbs, oil etc!

I now have an ever growing tool box and list of jobs im going to do :thumbsup:

• Like 1