What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Ok, it's quieter...            kind of. [emoji848] 
And that was the plan. 

It's an uber deep rumble instead of a roar, when I stood behind it at the garage I could actually feel it.  [emoji23]

Sometime tomorrow I'm gonna have to introduce it to my wife...    and on Monday to the neighbours. 

Sound clip?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, GeoffLeggy said:

Flew through the MOT no advisories. 

Nice. 😁

On 03/02/2018 at 10:40 PM, Jesse James said:

Sound clip?

I'll try to get some when I've got it set perfectly, seems a little off centre at the mo...     🤔

finally fitted an OEM AUX socket in the cubby with a (NLA) harness made up by another scooby owner..

now i get to listen to my own tunes ! and get incoming calls thru the speakers as a bonus...via the AUX on the head unit.  :smile:

Looks like a massive project g.giflaugh.png
a mate bought it almost 2yrs ago with low mileage and good history , it's a nice clean example but unfortunately the previous owner had hidden a mild crank rumble [emoji53]

It's got progressively worse and although its driveable and doesn't use any fluids , it needs a bottom end rebuild [emoji6]

Oil and oil filter changed, fresh air filter and fresh set of plugs, fuel filter to-do tomorrow and then have a look at timing belt and water pump, once service items are all done I'll have a look are getting rid of these knocks and tracking done

Loud pipes save lives

No sensible offers for my Scooby, so managed to convince the missus that she'll be fine to drive it once she's passed her test (I get to keep it). So spent today pricing up getting the work done (clutch/flywheel) and looking at maybe doing some other work (quad pipes and repairing the beginning of some rust bubbles just above the rear badge). 

Thinking of going Exedy Pink Box Stage 1 clutch and Exedy lightweight flywheel and getting it booked in at Scooby World, would be interested if anyone has any experience (with both the products and the workshop).