What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Cars back on the road with a new stage 2 clutch and flywheel (will take some getting used to). Noticed a rust patch on the boot just above the badge so will need to get that looked at soon I think.

Got my car back from paint - crossed paths with a gritter on the way home :angry:

Think my scoop needs tightening down, as back corners lifting at speed.

Gearbox issue getting worse - need to get in in to my garage before the auto shifter won't move full stop :sad:

Trying to curb the urge to paint the bug's block before rebuilding it [emoji849]

Just cos i like painted bays , it doesn't mean the next owner will [emoji848]

It's still gotta go through the engineer's hot wash but ive spent about a hr on 1 casing halve and its not made a great deal of difference imo [emoji848]73c4df20c5a05cc54c2ae2f02dec64cd.jpg

Which halve..........only joking...       Iv,e been there many times, its damded hard work.

I use alloy wheel cleaner (try an area first & dilute if to agressive) ,let it dry some, go over with small wire brush on drill + small wire" toothbrush" style brush.

Wear gloves and a mask, Depending on how well you what the finish, keep going over with APC till you are happy with results.

Protect with ACF 50 (smells as it burns off)   good luck!! :smile:

bh-aw-mas_bilt_hamber_auto-wheel_cleaner_multi_-_main.jpgGenuine ACF-50 Anti Corrosion Spray Aerosol metal protector no rustImage result for multi purpose cleaner

• Like 1

On 15/03/2018 at 10:39 AM, macadder said:

Cars back on the road with a new stage 2 clutch and flywheel (will take some getting used to). Noticed a rust patch on the boot just above the badge so will need to get that looked at soon I think.

What clutch and fly did you go for?  , I’m running a competition clutch stage two with the standard fly , quite heavy but not too bad, also it maybe worth taking your spoiler off if your noticing rust I found a lil bit undermine going into the body shop soon 

13 hours ago, savage bulldogs said:

Yeah I've polished a few ally bits before , pretty time consuming to get good results emoji53.png
My engineer is gonna blast the cam covers and i think i might just get a quote for cleaning up the block too emoji4.png

Very sensible..:biggrin:

Got my first Mot and Service in my ownership. Always worry when my mechanic sees a new car of mine for the 1st time. I obviously value his opinion far to much.

Got some new godspeed discs as a last minute decision over the Brembo ones. Just hope it all goes well

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Had the car in today to sort the gearbox issue and have the v-belts changed.

Pleased to say it’s all fixed and good as new :)

Turned out the cable from the selector was snagged / trapped. Feels better than it ever has now, so probably had a slight issue when I first got it.

Happy owner again lol

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just had the first MOT during my ownership on Thursday.
Pleased to say it flew through first time, emissions sheet was the lowest ive ever seen, thanks to a recent O2 sensor and a dose of Forte our local mechanic put through.
Even more pleased to find that the noise on full right turn (I thought it might be cv joint) turned out to be just the tyre rubbing on the arch liner, which has pulled out a bit.

!Removed! pot holes grrrrrrr :furious:

x2 wheels with flats on them - knew I had done the one 30mph, narrow road dibble on coming so no chance to swerve but the other one I thought had just thrown a weight, replacing brake pads today and found the damage

thread in wanted section shortly....

Did this over the weekend, changed most of the vacuum hoses for yellow, still need afew more doing but need more hose. Also sprayed my fuse cover and washer bottle and fitted them. Want the hellas doing yellow aswel so come payday ill get few things ordered.

6A8FAB7C-7AC9-4117-864F-1FC3CB1D6A3F.jpeg

518978F5-03CD-4FBA-95EC-F3DBAC61450F.jpeg

• Like 1

Not been very active on here lately as tapatalk went weird but I’m back now [emoji51] , need to update my build thread again , but this arrived the other day , who can guess what’s in the boxes a534af1aa7b791ec9f69043a4d4ab61e.jpg&key=5b3aeb6efebd84218247a1a48d6afc1c01a461da829444a1be5c9cee0fa74295

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice to see you back, would be good for this forum to be more active.

Is it a gear knob?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk