Dashcams, show us your view!

Gaulson

You should try a days driving in London. Cyclist are insane. Jump red lights use the footpath when it suits them and I've seen and experienced them knocking wing mirrors only to ride off like nothing happened. Then you get the ones who think it's great to ride 3 wide or completely ignore their own special cycle lane. They also seem to like sneaking up on you at a set of lights stop in front and when the lights go green they take an age to get going again. Maybe I should just put this in the rant thread [emoji38]

Yep get that up here too. The not using the designated lanes provided really winds me up. 

I had this woman pull out on me today...I was trundling up the road within the 30mph limit and going up hill...ABS kicked in before I swerved as she darted out right before me. She had her hands across her face as I missed the front of her car and went past  :lol:

Play movie

The irony of the song playing :D 

• Like 1

You should try a days driving in London. Cyclist are insane. Jump red lights use the footpath when it suits them and I've seen and experienced them knocking wing mirrors only to ride off like nothing happened. Then you get the ones who think it's great to ride 3 wide or completely ignore their own special cycle lane. They also seem to like sneaking up on you at a set of lights stop in front and when the lights go green they take an age to get going again. Maybe I should just put this in the rant thread [emoji38]

We get that here too, but we get peletons round here when the local cycle clubs start, you can have about 50 inconsiderate cyclists that you just can't get past.

At least in London you know they're going to try and kill themselves

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

I was just nipping to my sons house, he lives in the next town and just as I was going up the drive this !Removed! idiot ran in front of me. Take a look and see where he came from, he`s hidden behind a sign on the other side of the road......I have my eyes on the pedestrians left and right and my foot was just about to go down on the loud pedal  to mount the driveway.

http://youtu.be/7rRweNGi9eA

• Like 2

People forget how squishy they are until it's too late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That`s not the point....... a second later and he could have damaged my car! :lol:

The irony is.....check out the house he came out of. I just noticed this later in the day.

http://youtu.be/F3sIR0sv4YA

:D

My theory was they wouldn't want me editing the video file as that would be seen as tampering with evidence. I could view the vids on the card and delete the rest if I wanted to and just leave the one with the "event".

Doesn't bother me having loads. If I want to have a watch of a trip its quicker to copy off a smaller file...rather than wait for a single 32gb file to copy.  :)

two of these arrived today.. just over £16 each.. sister's car and the wife's will have these fitted.

FB_IMG_1424459551563_zpsr8yq1pgy.jpg

32gb memory card Class10 arrived too.. £6

I ordered the same camera but with a rear one as well.. £44 :(

Can you only go into menu when it's plugged into the car's 12v power.. and now when the USB is plugged in on the lap top?

But yours is a much better camera, I just bought a cheapo! :)

To be honest the only thing that pushed me towards the camera I had was that you couldn't read number plates on most of the cheaper ones, and I tried a few "HD" cameras which had horrendous quality so have up in the end and spent £70. Can't fault the image clarity. And you can read number plates, handy for those that hit you and do one.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

two of these arrived today.. just over £16 each.. sister's car and the wife's will have these fitted.

FB_IMG_1424459551563_zpsr8yq1pgy.jpg

32gb memory card Class10 arrived too.. £6

I ordered the same camera but with a rear one as well.. £44 :(

Can you only go into menu when it's plugged into the car's 12v power.. and now when the USB is plugged in on the lap top?

It has a built in power supply but I think only to keep the internal clock going.  I set mine up plugged into the PC with my reading glasses on, mostly trial and error but go there in the end.

It has a built in power supply but I think only to keep the internal clock going.  I set mine up plugged into the PC with my reading glasses on, mostly trial and error but go there in the end.

what is your picture like at night? on the little screen it looks very dark.

do i need to turn IR on? or should it be Off?

what is your picture like at night? on the little screen it looks very dark.

do i need to turn IR on? or should it be Off?

you don`t really need the screen on, it`s rather annoying at night. There`s a setting to have it switched off but I can`t find it so I just taped it over. The IR is on all the time. Night time it`s not brilliant but when you see it on the PC it`s not bad.