Dashcams, show us your view!

Gaulson

• 4 weeks later...

I used to use the app iSymDVR2 for my iphone 5S, works really well and has lots of settings to play with :) (not sure if it's been updated for the 6 yet though)

Now I just use a cheapo dash cam which seems to do what I require of it....

And looking at some of these videos on here it makes you realize just how bad alot of drivers really are out there, so be safe everyone :wacko:

i need one of these, but i spend most my time in the car on the phone swearing at people, then at other road users then singing with the radio

wont be a pleasant viewing experience

The volume can be turned off so you don`t here all the expletives and such. 

Also, you really need a duel-cam setup (front & Rear) or you don`t get footage of any !Removed!-end shunt.

I haven't got a dual cam, but to be honest it's pretty clear who's at fault in a rear end even if you only have a front camera. Someone run into the back of my cat and pushed it into the car in front, they claimed I hit the car in front first which is why they couldn't stop, the video even though only showing the front easily priced that she pushed us.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Haha even without the dash cam evidence, that's the worst excuse for a crash ever, what does you running into the person in front have to do with the person behind's stopping distance ? They should have seen the traffic further down the road was slowing and driven accordingly, that's the trouble with people they only look at the car directly in front.

• Like 1

Yeah I know, but people will try anything. She claimed that because we hit the car in front we stopped quicker than Normal and without displaying brake lights. She soon baked down once we said we'd got the whole thing on video. Then she just coughed up and accepted full liability.

She was almost certainly texting at the time, she didn't even touch the brakes herself. She just drove straight into the back at about 35mph. Her loss as it destroyed her car and just scuffed my bumper, still cost her £1800 mind.

The rear cam gives peace of mind that no one can get away with the old "You reversed into me" chestnut! 

Plus it`s added footage in anything i`m not involved in but may be a witness to.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

The rear cam gives peace of mind that no one can get away with the old "You reversed into me" chestnut!

Plus it`s added footage in anything i`m not involved in but may be a witness to.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

It's pretty easy to prove you didn't reverse into the car behind with a front camera.

Happy Christmas

took the dog for a walk upon Cannock Chase, nice frosty day, still snow about, lovely.

return journey, nearly had a deer on the bonnet, met a taxi who obviously doesn't understand T junctions or giveway markings. but the best was yet to come a women who hasn't grades the concept of roundabouts, and her lane discipline wasn't much better on approach to the next roundabout. Some people shouldn't be allowed to drive! but at least at the next roundabout she did stop.

Anyway, take care out there as the idiots seem to be out in force

• Like 1