Dashcams, show us your view!

Gaulson

It's actually illegal to have the screen displaying as you drive. So I've been told by a copper anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like one of those stupid rules they come out with so must be true Dog. Regardless of the fact you can have your satnav display on. :lol:

For the price they are pretty good, rule of thumb is usually ya gets what yer pays for!

Technically you can't have your satnav displaying, apparently it's illegal to have any display screen which is placed for the driver. I think they just ignore satnavs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their own stupid rules contradict themselves. :lol:

A great tip to get a much clearer picture is to have the camera pointing a little lower, maybe 2 clicks, in daylight you get a better picture as it`s not having to keep trying to auto adjust the exposure for the sky rather than the road.

Give it a whirl! 

what about when you see kids in the back of cars with head restraint TV's playing cartoons.?

That is not in front of driver so ok, must admit i thought the driver and screen thing only related to in dash tv / dvd units not satnav or camera screens?

Has anyone got any footage using a GoPro Hero - the 2014 entry level £100 version? With sound taken from recording? Im thinking of buying one would just like to see some examples of what it's like from anyone on here if possible.

Which is the £180 one Stants? The others I've seen have been a huge jump up in price - talking £250+

I'm not that bothered about all the features either really. Just going on a lot more group road trips now and want to be able to film them - like the Wales one I was on recently and the up coming Buttertubs Pass. So as long as it can film them in good quality and it can pick up the burble and pops and bangs I'm happy. :)

I was going Go Pro too as it has such a good reputation. I've been burnt too many times going for cheaper or slightly more expensive but feature packed alternatives and them ending up being rubbish or a pain to use in comparison.

The transcend 200pro is very good, we've got two. Just had a copper look at some footage and he reckoned it was easily witness quality. Only slight niggle with it is the lack of an internal Battery so only runs in the car. But at £70 it's a bargain, I too have tried several different ones, records 4hr loops at HD on a 32gb and microSD and will save a 40sec segment of it detects a shock, 10 seconds before and 30seconds after impact.

Sound recording isn't that good on any of these cameras unless you get a dedicated mic.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Ah yea, must have always loaded the + version. Can't find a good comparison between it an the basic one though apart from the 3 can be removed from its housing making it a lot smaller and pocket sized. Don't know if that's worth £50+ more...

• 2 weeks later...