Dashcams, show us your view!

Gaulson

I'm assuming from that vid, that the camera is mounted outside. If so you got no chance without some serious kit. You'll have to mount camera inside. Otherwise turn off the sound. The mics aren't much good anyway, if you can you could try an external mic with a muffler?

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

I'm assuming from that vid, that the camera is mounted outside. If so you got no chance without some serious kit. You'll have to mount camera inside. Otherwise turn off the sound. The mics aren't much good anyway, if you can you could try an external mic with a muffler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah I had it inside at the end of the video was better but still could hear noises I've never heard before like squeaking or there is also some type of beeping going on when I play it back but yet don't hear these things when driving I'm just trying to capture the engine sounds more than anything. 

I know not the same place but this guy managed to reduce it. I take it what a lot of people are doing is have maybe two then and use one for the sound say stuck on the boot out of the wind and the other for just video ? 

That's quite a good idea having two, have one set central in the car so it will only pick up the sounds you want to hear. The other for the best view :D.

A vented back also helps with wind noise if you aren't using one, just remember it isn't waterproof!

Yea

H it was the vented back one I used. But is stuck on the roof so probably the worst place to have it. I'll have a look see what I can find with the sound. Be nice to get a cleaner audio sound of the car and not loads of vwind [emoji1]

This is where I put my camera, will be the same on the other side. Don't think the wind noise is too bad?

Also don't know if I shared this but it's when I did the off road day in the Lakes

The boost gauge is a lovely addition, looks fancy and helps you keep track of what's going on :). The roads up north are really good, I shall have to venture out with my GoPro and do a little mash up video of the best ones.

I like off roading, driving on challanging terrain is usually a good laugh.

I got a transcend 200, costs about £75 takes upto 30gb cards so records 4hrs, you can read number plates on playback, a lot you can't. Has an impact trigger which stores 10srconds before and 30seconds after impact. I've put a couple of vids up so you can see the quality, though youtube reduces the actual viewing quality, it's better on a laptop.

• Like 1

I got a transcend 200, costs about £75 takes upto 30gb cards so records 4hrs, you can read number plates on playback, a lot you can't. Has an impact trigger which stores 10srconds before and 30seconds after impact. I've put a couple of vids up so you can see the quality, though youtube reduces the actual viewing quality, it's better on a laptop.

This ones on my wish list too Tom; it's the one I'll be getting and price seems to be coming down gradually recently too [emoji106]

is that this one mate? - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GRYT5QI/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i3?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=08CQGWQSESDEG9P4YMSM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455344027&pf_rd_i=468294

Does it record sound? is it small enough to hide near your mirror?

It seems alot to spend when cheaper options will do the same haha

edit, also can it easily be removed from the car upon parking up. Some areas I visit/work in are pretty rough.

Yeah, I tried to of the cheaper options and you can't even tell what car the car in front was let alone the number plate. Settled on this one after much research. It does record sound but none of them record it well unless you pay big money.

That's the one I got, best thing is if I get a video of where it is in the car and you'll see size and position. It's not the smallest but for the money it seems to be the best quality for the price.

• Like 1