The YouTube thread... All things YouTube

bitman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Actually I'm with the Merc on this. When a lane is closed due to roadworks or whatever reason that becomes a filter lane! It's meant to be used! I see this all time with the 1000's of miles I do for work. 2 lanes with 1 not being utilised as it should, causing more congestion which in a lot of occasions can lead back to a roundabout or junction - creating and stopping traffic that isn't even going anywhere along the route which has a lane closed. Which wouldn't happen if people used both lanes fully.

If people actually used both the lanes it would relieve some traffic at previous junctions and would actually move smoother at the "pinch point" if one from each lane took it in turns as they should. With how people seem to ignore the free lane they may as well close it miles up the road from whatever is causing the lane to be shut and have done with it.

I'm not saying I do that myself because as that vid shows everyone thinks your a prick if you do use it so I normally just sit in the huge queue like every other idiot.

They even place signs at some of these sections stating clearly "USE BOTH LANES!" Because it does create even more traffic. Yet only a handful of pricks - as most people would call them - actually do.

Sorry for the mini rant but it really annoys me!

Edit - just read some comments on the vid, looks like I'm not the only one. Found the term I was trying to think of too - Merge in Turn. Not enough people understand it.

Well I'm not sure if the signs had said move into one lane or not or warning everyone to move over at the point of the video. But if it was as you say fair enough if it says use both lanes I don't give a !Removed! I'll use both lanes lol. I had a huge fall out with a dutch lorry driver for similar thing. But anyway take that away from it all and just go back to the queue jumping. 

I'll use my local town at 5 to 6 o'clock 2 lanes right turn only tail backs then people using the right turn only to boot from the lights get a mile up the road then want to cut in :D that get's my back up  :angry: And you know they're doing it on purpose see the same offenders doing it time after time. I don't even let the fuckers back in if I'm able too. 

• 3 weeks later...