New car new problem, MAPPING PLEASE HELP

cornish6544

Aucky- A company called Rev it up sold it originally to the guy I bought it off in 2016 for £18,000 then he owned it for a year and sold it to me for £11,700 I knew I got myself a bargain especially for a 330s model but maybe he knew about this issue but nothing I can do about that now.

Jesse James- Just bad luck mate I don't mind paying for this build to be done but I hope that's the end of it then and this doesn't turn worse.

Ah so private sale then :(

After actually having it i'd go down the advised route, closed deck conversion, forged pistons, uprated rods, head studs etc means you can tune to 500bhp+ later if you want.

As far as the comment about liners, done right it will be considerably stronger but at higher cost than close deck conversion, its alot more technically challenging to get right and even when done right can still have issues with them dropping slightly with heat cycles.

That said closed decking needs to be done correctly as well, seen some right dodgy jobs done, PVD were shocking at it and effectively just banging the insert in leaving gaps around it, might explain why they went under. The block needs machining so the inserts are a tight fit or they wont support the block walls properly, then the block faced so its a smooth surface or the headgasket just get blown out.

Sorry hatch chaps , only a bit of bants .

im just waspy due to my old classics rusty wheel arch .

If your gonna keep it and get the engine rebuilt . Might as well get it upgraded along the way [emoji6]

I might have spoken to A.S performance about closed decking a 2.5 ltr block , just dont tell my wife [emoji23] .

It costs about £1k to get a block machined to a the point of being ready to drop the pistons in the new bores. I'm unsure how much clinic charge though , so definitely get a worst case scenario quote whoever you choose to get the work done.

Closed deck with forged internals is certainly a good base but its not my money we're spending here .......

But ,even if you don't want high hp atm you won't be rebuilding it again if you change your mind in the future [emoji48] [emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So after looking online on the clinic website, it seems that for a build to safely run 450bhp will be costing me 5600 all VAT included. This is forged pistons, new bearings, block bored and honed and back together using ARP head studs uprated head gaskets and all new gaskets, uprated rods and closed deck conversion.

• 3 weeks later...

So below I have attached the report from scooby clinic about my engine build. It's worrying seeing all those parts and I need to find out how much this will cost me as I want the 450 build. Notice there is a separate list of parts for getting the 450bhp after the engine is built just ignore that as for now I only want the engine built to take 450 then go for the power at a later date.

YX10 VHY.pdf