First time buyer

Daryl

Ok so I've not ordered yet just gonna go with oem size, just ordered front set of Brembo pads from gsf, 72 down to 28πŸ‘ gonna get the rest tommorow from Asperformance spoke to the guy earlier top bloke plenty of time for ya.Β 

• Like 2

Think your better off sticking with standard size discs and just buy a better quality brand if you want to upgrade the stopping power on the same sized caliper.Β 

Β 

As far as I remember standard 4 pot subaru fronts are 296mm standard Brembo fronts are 330mm . Theres a lot of differences on the rears ,at least 4 types fitted to classics alone .

Glad Alyn could help , he's one of the few aftermarket part suppliers that will take the time to run you through options. As most just want to sell you the most expensive and overkill type of parts , no matter what you use the car for or what sort of budget you have .

Alyn would know what size any impreza has too πŸ˜‰

Β Ah wellΒ I dont really want to go replacing calipers if I dont need too I just need something half decent thatll work well an last a good bit, hes getting me a quote for front discs pads an hoses tommorowπŸ‘

Car went in to get the front 02 sensor done today at sw motorsport , top bloke steve really knows his stuff plenty of time for ya ,gave the motor a proper look over reckons it's been well looked afterπŸ‘Β 

Ahh the dipstick on these is not the best. I also struggle to read it easily.

What i do is clean dip stick and then push it in hold for 3 secs and then pull it out quickly. Make sure the icon on the dipstick is in the correct orientation. Worse dipstick on any car I have ever owned. Tricky.

Β 

If anyone has a full proof method I would like to hear it.

Cheers mate I'll give that a go.. for sucha well engineered motor youd think a dip stick would be absolutely bob on lol. One more thing Haha got 2 keys with this car guy said the used one needed a Battery only works close to the car an you have to press it a million times so annoying so I thought right I'll swap batteries... no difference, so put a Battery in the other brand new key not working at all, will it need marrying up?

• 4 weeks later...

Changing the coolant is simple but very easy to get an airlock. Fill from the back hose connected to the filler tank not the Radiator like my local Subaru dealership did. F**king fools, as a plumber you should know you bleed a system from the highest point (they paid for it as it was all caught on dashcam).Β Fill very slowly until filler tank is nearly full then bleed. Be careful cause it is very easy to get an airlock and then the engine may overheat. The temp gauge is very slow so if the fans do not turn off when expected during bleed process kill the motor and let it cool. Mine got up to 97 degree before the needle even moved. I use a OBD dongle to get real time temp readings. If you get an airlock sometimes the only way to remove it is to start all over again.

Might be wise to park with the front higher than the back to help the air to rise. Take your time when filling and bleeding.

Β 

Thanks very much for the I depth tips siluro, lucky you caught them on the dash cam! An that was a dealership just goes to show you ya cant trust some garages. seems like it could be quite tedious, so is it possible I could do damage before even knowing theirs a problem? I'm gonna have to find a video with the blobeye model to see where drain off is etc, not looking forward to it tbh 😬