First time buyer

Daryl

Guys just offered me this 20 quid off at 169 says lambda sensor can be put In but will it work? An will this still need mapping? Apparently it's an mot pass he reckons you can get away with cat on downpipe? 

Screenshot_20191206-223306_eBay.jpg

Done a bit of reading on it seen a few people saying the 2nd cats ok to remove an wont need mapped an will pass an mot, thoughts gents? Their is access point In this pro drive part for the sensor but will it work right?

Cheers man I've got a feeling that 02 code might come back but I suppose atleast the exhaust issues out the way, would like to know though if it is the tgv sticking or a sensor will it hurt anything running it like that a while?

As long as it is >97 ron you will be ok.

These can be fussy on fuel though as some people who run V-power say that bp ultimate makes car run horrible. I had mine mapped to BP Ultimate as it is the nearest >97 ron petrol to where I live plus this allows me to run other 97 ron fuel. Mapper told me if I ran 95 i should just take it easy until I can fill up with the correct ron. If I had it mapped to 99 ron he believed I might get an extra 5-10 bhp on the dyno which you would not notice.

Lower octane will allow detonation and this will destroy your car.

Yeah jet ultimate is 97, I tried it as the next fuel stations like 20 mins away, that's a bp, wasnt sure if jet had station in england I'm from Cumbria but stay in scotland, I'd not seen one down in gods country before😜

Just had centre piece an straight through pipe fitted lads sounds great burblein like a good un.but the light came straight back on like I thought it would , spoke to the main man at sw motorsport showed him the code an reading hes pretty confident it's the 1st sensor an no problem driving it gonna order one for him to fit in a few weeks👍 

2 hours ago, Daryl said:

Just had centre piece an straight through pipe fitted lads sounds great burblein like a good un.but the light came straight back on like I thought it would , spoke to the main man at sw motorsport showed him the code an reading hes pretty confident it's the 1st sensor an no problem driving it gonna order one for him to fit in a few weeks👍 

I cannot be bothered to look through the threads but I am sure Savage said front sensor. Anyway glad you are on the road.

Been for a drive today in it sounds well with those new sections 👌 just round town roads are horrible up here today, cheers for all the help lads. Well chuffed the cars somewhat sorted hot date tommora night👉

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry not been on a while man, haha date went well mate, I'm punchin aswell🤣were out again this sat. Sensors still not been done but shes running well no issues plenty smiles! Everyone wants to race loadsa nobs in vxr corsas lol.

Same to you. I will be a having a drink at home with my daughter. Mum has her at Xmas I have her over New Year.

Must be the Wagon as I find it the total opposite. Corsa's don't even bother. Lots of people ask about the car though. As I have said before everyone likes a Subaru from all ages I find. Kids love the scoop I guess.

Good stuff mate hope yous enjoyed it, I was in the garage listening to music having a few with the dog. Yeah maybe it's the wagon x factor the saloons just dont have mate🤣, definately turn heads dont they, my boy hes 5 hes obsessed one my friends got him a blobeye remote control one quite a.decent one aswell for Christmas absolutely made up with it. 👍

1 hour ago, ROSSCOSM said:

I get tadgers trying to race me all the time even when you can clearly see Ive got two kids on board lol. Then theres kids shouting rev it all the time.. NAW 😂

Lol it took me a minute to realise what a Tadger meant.

• Haha 1

Spanked one of those scirocco r lines a couple of days ago feckin fuel though eh not worth it🤣gonna get the rear diff done this weekend, got the syringe tool an some decent motul fluid, just watched a vid of someone doing it, do you have to use the treatment additive?