First time buyer

Daryl

Well bank does refer to the likes of v8's and i would have thought flat fours etc aswell but manufacturers come out with some mad ways to describe things, i some how think though that the front o2 sensor is in the part of the header coming from the passenger side so it could still well be the tgv's on that side or the sensor 

When he gets the exhaust all done and the sensor put back it may well all go away, fingers crossed. At least that will be eliminated soon. Are the TGV a pain to replace or just a matter of removing stuff. Does not look too bad but I have never done it.

I know may way round most marques or motors and I've only ever seen the term "bank" used to describe each side of the engine in either flat or V engines .

Hence why I kept saying it might be Tgv's lol .

Hopefully the replacement exhaust section will sort it , as the next thing to try (according to the google results) is the sensor . Even though it does say that the sensor code is for the sensor in the manifold and not in the secondary cat or centre section 🤔

Progress isn't always a good thing ,so I'm gonna stick with my old skool 94 sti ,with its 1 sensor and 1 cat lol 

4 hours ago, stuartie said:

Fooking hell go away for a wee bit and theres like 20 more replies haha 🤣😝, i can do that for you and it's ok about coinage i don't mind just plugging it in to see whats going on, you'll have to wait until i'm finished work though, I'll be finished about 4ish but I'll pm you my number and we can sort something out 👍 

Nice one stuartie ledge👍 think should be ready to come down tue/wed or whenevers good for you, might be a long shot but hopefully itll be right after the pipes done an code cleared. Measured the centre section for the new one today an had a look at the holes theyd been botched up before with some kind of tape or somethin but the garage had taken it off an it really sounds like **** now, one of the holes is 3 inch long an 5mil wide. Does that affect performance?

2 hours ago, savage bulldogs said:

I gave the code a quick google , as it wasn't making sense that it applied to 1 bank if it was a o2 issue.

As I said before when a bank code come up its normally Tgv's or if accompanied by a misfire code , its coilpacks, plugs or injectors. 

I only checked 3 of the googled results but they all said the same thing , which still makes no sense as its nothing to do with a particular side or bank of the engine lol .

So your mechanic could well be right by saying if there's a hole in a bit of the exhaust it could cause a o2  reading fault . As the sensor readings might not be the same ,due to gasses escaping through a hole .

heres a screenshot of one of the posts that came up with a google but I'd suggest replacing exhaust section first before changing a sensor .

Best of luck getting it sorted ,bud 

Screenshot_20191129-172843_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thanks for looking into that savage, sounds like these codes arent made to be simple one bit, I spose the only difference their is my CEL is on constantly, that's the next port of call then eh the sensor would a newbie be able to that?  Wonder if I could find a vid online, Cheers mate I'd be stressing to feck If i didnt have you lot to pester about it😂

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ROSSCOSM said:

Probably been filled up for mot inspection or something. It probably didn’t affect performance too much just cause where it is mate if it was before the turbo it would make a massive difference but you will know for sure when your new pipe is installed

Yeah that makes sense as it's just recently had an mot,  what a difference its gonna make sound wise sounds like **** at the moment like. 

No probs,  I don't like giving advice unless I've done it myself and know it's right   the "bank " bit in the code was bugging me and seeing as Subaru's are my hobby , I wanted to research it a bit myself (I like learning subaru stuff) .

As for whether a scooby newbie can replace a o2 sensor,  I'd imagine so if you have a jack, axle stands and the right size spanner but only you'd know if you have the skills to do it tbh bud .

16 minutes ago, savage bulldogs said:

No probs,  I don't like giving advice unless I've done it myself and know it's right   the "bank " bit in the code was bugging me and seeing as Subaru's are my hobby , I wanted to research it a bit myself (I like learning subaru stuff) .

As for whether a scooby newbie can replace a o2 sensor,  I'd imagine so if you have a jack, axle stands and the right size spanner but only you'd know if you have the skills to do it tbh bud .

If it's nothing sort of electrically technical just a swap job I'd imagine i could do it with some kind of guidance video or pictures or something, I recently bought a jack an stands so all good their, an I'm a plumber so spanners coming out thy lugs

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ROSSCOSM said:

Am I missing somthing why are you changing your 02 sensor? Its not had to do but is there not a specific attacment for sensors so you dont rip the cable off. It like a deep socket with one end open

Just in case he replaces the exhaust section and the code comes back , the google results said it was a o2 sensor fault .

I've always just unplugged the sensor from the loom and used a open ended spanner (possibly 22mm) to undo the o2 sensor (so the sensor wire doesn't get in the way) 

• Like 1

Nothing happenin yet fingers crossed get a delivery tommorow, now theirs somethin else🙄 nothing major I knew their was a headlight out when i bought it but noticed last night that the side lights out in that cluster aswell. So checked the indicator for that side an that's workin fine, probably a silly question but do the side lights work through that same bulb? Oh an jet washers not working no motor sound or.anything hopefully just a fuse though

Been lookin at headlight bulbs today an ended up gettin some white head light bulbs from scoobyworld an some side lights I've heard their a bit of a **** to do. What are these HID conversion kits all about? Are they that much better than what I've bought?

Screenshot_20191203-204653_Samsung Internet.jpg

Mental int it, ive gone for the whole lot in white fogs heads an sides, call me a !Removed! but think I've just found out the high beams a different bulb? I always thought the full.beam an.dipped ran off the same bulb?

Depends on the error, but if it was cause of the holed exhaust it should go out by itself eventually. Same if the garage clears it, it may not come back on instantly, again depends on the code. I changed an exhaust and O2 sensor on my classic sport and it took a few miles for the engine light to go out. I was worried for a while. For example it may need X amount of passes before it will decide to turn light out. Same when light goes on, with some codes it needs to error X times before it will decide to turn light on.