What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Well didn't even make it back home from the airport car park without a grey haired old boy in a 58 plate skoda vrs over taking me in a national speed limit ,he had a big cheesy grin on his face as he passed which seemed to get the wife's goat lol

she said " go on then you either wipe that smug look of his face or pull over in the next lay by and give me the keys " [emoji39]

We ended up side by side at the next round about and by by old guy [emoji12]

Definitely loving the slightly more stealthy sounding exhaust [emoji41] as once my point was proved and I reached the speed limit I eased off the gas ,he passed me shortly afterwards with more of a [emoji19] look (definitely wasn't a grin anymore lol)

God I've missed my car [emoji4]

• Like 4

Welcome back Savage, glad you had a good experience on returning home ;). Also nice to hear the Subaru was still there! I'd be so worried it would have been stolen or something lol.

These past couple of weeks I've been messing around with the dump Valve, I had a Bailey one on it and it just didn't seem to be working very well. So I decided to buy a Turbosmart dual port only to find i needed an extra part, bought that and the damn thing doesn't fit due to the throttle body sensor being too close. So I put the Bailey back on using the new gasket I had acquired and WOW maybe that was my problem ;). Running awesome again with the Bailey.

Lesson learnt, don't just buy parts on a whim. I'm now two dump valves up and £300 down :(. Got the Turbosmart and standard recirc on eBay to try and get some money back.

Well didn't even make it back home from the airport car park without a grey haired old boy in a 58 plate skoda vrs over taking me in a national speed limit ,he had a big cheesy grin on his face as he passed which seemed to get the wife's goat lol

she said " go on then you either wipe that smug look of his face or pull over in the next lay by and give me the keys " [emoji39]

We ended up side by side at the next round about and by by old guy [emoji12]

Definitely loving the slightly more stealthy sounding exhaust [emoji41] as once my point was proved and I reached the speed limit I eased off the gas ,he passed me shortly afterwards with more of a [emoji19] look (definitely wasn't a grin anymore lol)

God I've missed my car [emoji4]

Don`t you just miss it?

I`m thinking of fitting a set of drilled & grooved front disks. Will normal pads fit?

I'm replacing both disks and pads savage.

I was just wondering if these take a special pad.

Cheers

Sent from my Galaxy S6 edge using Tapatalk

Let us know what you go for in the end and what difference it makes mate....please? [emoji106]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Changed the spring in my forge dump valve as had a boost leak. Cleaned my injectors out and feels so much smoother. Also finally got around to getting rid of the crazy blue sidelights and put some cool white LED ones in.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I've stuck a pair of black diamond preadator pads on the front with standard discs (still had loads of meat on) much better than oem loads of bite and little fade. I would have put their discs on too but didn't see the point of wasting money un necessarily

Well I took it on BP ultimate fuel as that's the best I can get up my way, no Shell anywhere near me unfortunately. It made 286bhp and 275ftlb before the parts and map then they got it to 323bhp and 350ftlb so plus 37 bhp and over 70 ftlb and it's got a much better spread of torque and it's really lively too. My highest boost was 1.27 bar before now it's hit 1.47 :)

• Like 2

Well I took it on BP ultimate fuel as that's the best I can get up my way, no Shell anywhere near me unfortunately. It made 286bhp and 275ftlb before the parts and map then they got it to 323bhp and 350ftlb so plus 37 bhp and over 70 ftlb and it's got a much better spread of torque and it's really lively too. My highest boost was 1.27 bar before now it's hit 1.47 :)

Is that just with a down pipe and a remap? Did they say what else you could to to get some more from it or is that about it?

--

I make Films, Websites and social media for people

Yea Alex take it back with Shell fuel in lol, they said they could probably get to 335-340 with better fuel in but I've had it tuned on what I can get and after 340 you need to start looking for a bigger turbo. Don't get too caught up on the peak bhp figures though, the torque increase is huge and the gains though the midrange can really be felt. Also it sounds amazing now I can hear the turbo :)

• Like 1

Cool will take a look. Want to get my wrx mapped not had a mapped car before so sure I will feel what people say about it being drivable and not about the peek figure.

Thanks

Alex

--

I make Films, Websites and social media for people

Just scaneed the dyno graphs and put them in my gallery on here you can see the gains are all the way through the rev range

That looks awesome, the difference is more than I would have expected. I'd love to do similar to mine, bit I'm scared of losing my warranty!

That looks awesome, the difference is more than I would have expected. I'd love to do similar to mine, bit I'm scared of losing my warranty!

Yea it's a bit dodgy, what I've done is pretty similar to the hatch 330s or the 320r and 340r pack it's a shame they don't do them anymore