What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Well these last few days I've removed the headlights, cracked them open, cleared them/painted the housing. And then today I restored the headlights.

Bumper removal and headlight beam assembly removed. This was a PITA

post-4476-143363739647_thumb.jpg

Painted housings

post-4476-14336374158_thumb.jpg

Hazy headlight before.

post-4476-143363757897_thumb.jpg

Hazy headlight during. (Using a wet sand technique)

post-4476-143363764363_thumb.jpg

Hazy headlight after. This is a pic of a practice headlight I bought cheap at a junkyard as you can see the housing is still chrome. I forget to get a pic of the finished product on my car. But this headlight was just as hazy if not a little worse than mine, and look at the difference!

post-4476-143363765765_thumb.jpg

And just a pic of the goddess for good measure..

post-4476-143363766954_thumb.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Well everything seems to be working properly after yesterday's little adventure with the intercooler.

Although on the test drive home all I can say is OMG the response from the car is insane once it comes on full boost! [emoji33]another plus is my boost gauge now appears to be working accurately and properly and now even changes colour and flashes red at peak boost 1.5 bar ... It never did that before so I must have had a vac leak somewhere, still it's all good now and it means I can avoid the dreaded heart attack moment when you **** your pants and think !Removed! I broke something before realising that you have hit fuel cut

• Like 3

It's cool fella, no worries at all! [emoji3]

I must have spent about an hour just looking... Double checking and triple checking that I had everything back together how it was beforehand. I fully admit to being a complete novice when it comes to mechanics and engines so really appreciate the fact that everyone on here is so helpful

I'm actually quite pleased with myself for doing it completely on my own ( well besides you guys & YouTube) lol but one of those situations where a little reassurance would have settled the mind

• Like 1

Looks good, what did you use to De haze the lights ?

I used a wet sanding technique I saw on youtube. If you go on YouTube and type in "Chris Fix headlights" it should be the first video that pops up. The results speak for themselves and apparently its a forever fix.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I love the look at front mounts! Tidy job that :).

I've just been out for a drive, b roads to town and back. Driving through town a group of lads said "nice car mate"... always puts a smile on my face. Got overtaken by a KA in a 30... annoyed I didn't get chance to take him back. Also got a little close for comfort with a combine! Got vids of both, will be in the dash cam section soon.

Yeah they look good when finished,all though dont no if the bonnet on a bug sits lower then a blob,fitted front mount to my old blob saloon n it was a breeze,fittin this to my bug wagon and its been a complete nitemare,but will be worth the work in the end am sure [emoji15]

Had a little test of the boost gauge today. Stuck it in 5th at 1.5k rpm and put my foot to the floor. It peaked @1.4 bar @3k rpm. Quite impressed with both the gauge and car.

attachicon.gifVIDEO0006_0000031680.jpg

Nice,am guessin its been remap't.mine only boost to a poor 0.5bar standed [emoji22]

1.4 bar... wicked ;). 0.9 feels nice, think I'm gonna have to get my remapped. Seeing as I had my turbo rebuilt and it's got a better turbine installed I will just get a fuel pump and injectors :).

Front mount finished this morning,just need to finishround fog light covers then re paint them.had to cut the hole fog light housing out to make way for the pipes so covers are now bonded onto bumper [emoji15] post-3285-143383678674_thumb.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You getting your car remapped then Aucky?

My car has been under her cover since Sunday, using up some fuel in my other car. Also my normal road is closed this week so having to drive rubbish roads, don't mind knackered the suspension on this one as it is already knackered :D

You getting your car remapped then Aucky?

My car has been under her cover since Sunday, using up some fuel in my other car. Also my normal road is closed this week so having to drive rubbish roads, don't mind knackered the suspension on this one as it is already knackered :D

Yes mate,hopefully i will find a vf35 or vf34 turbo for a nice price some injectors and a guess i'll need fuel pump as well [emoji6]

stuff to do to car yet,project with changin the exhaust,in time goin to change wings n front bumper to saloon,engine stuff,remap,finish my wheels lol gee the list goes on n on [emoji22]