What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Well, the foam has collapsed in my drivers seat. No drama as things like this go wrong from time to time. Took car in over a month ago now to a local dealer. They took photos etc, been chasing since to get an answer and they keep telling me it's Subaru UK taking their time. So eventually I decide to take matters into my own hands and contact Subaru UK myself to see why my warranty claim is stalled. The chap checks my car details and says there are and have been no warranty claims against my reg. so basically the dealers haven't done anything and are lying to me. What I can't figure out is what the benefit to them is of that, they'll get paid for a warranty claim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like they need a boot up the backside. I can see the red faces now when you tell them what you know.

Our new impreza has a very high clutch bite on the pedal. No slip, no judder. It is cabled so I will look at adjusting the cable. My thoughts are to just replace the clutch as its only £50-60 for that model. Also to cut cost I will do it at home. Is there a guide for replacing a clutch of not, what is the best plan of attack? Engine forward or gearbox back? There's no rush for a repair in a day it will be in the garden in the air as long as it takes

Sounds like they need a boot up the backside. I can see the red faces now when you tell them what you know.

Our new impreza has a very high clutch bite on the pedal. No slip, no judder. It is cabled so I will look at adjusting the cable. My thoughts are to just replace the clutch as its only £50-60 for that model. Also to cut cost I will do it at home. Is there a guide for replacing a clutch of not, what is the best plan of attack? Engine forward or gearbox back? There's no rush for a repair in a day it will be in the garden in the air as long as it takes

Engine forward, purely for your own comfort. But on a non turbo it should be relatively straight forward.

Maybe they're dragging their heels of they have a large work load? Trying to push you outside warrantee time? They've had too many claims against them this month? Never really understood that side of business.

To push me outside of warranty time they'd have to push for 3 years! Subaru UK say they can review a claim within 24hrs, and it's been a month now. I might even drive up there and bang on the desk, to say I'm fuming is an understatement.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Best thing to do would be call them and say it needs fixing by so and so date give them a week or something and if it's not started by then you will take that as a refusal to fix the problem and will be getting the work carried out else where and billing them for it.

You will also be contacting trading standards about them not following the sales of good act.

Just been though all of this myself they have to fix it, refund you or replace the car if they refuse you can get it done and bill them and if they don't pay you can go to court and they will be forced to pay.

But first step is you have to give them a date it needs to be done by

--

I make Films and Website for people

That was going to be my plan today. I'll also be claiming for physio at this rate because when I took it in first it was just the side support and wasn't really a problem, now that the whole seat back has collapsed it's become very uncomfortable and on a long drive my shoulder starts to hurt.

I'm about to make the call so will report back shortly

I was ment to see foo fighters last weekend [emoji22]

looked a bad break that did, i usually go to Glastonbury so i would of been disappointed to! 

acdc is abit of a buffer after seeing glasto on the tele this weekend im gutted in not there aha!

• Like 1

bought 4 new Nexen Nfera SU4 tires last week for £205 fitted and i like them. they are very quiet and the first day i had them i needed to go to a friend and was shocked as i did 90 Mph without knowing it due lack of road noise  :huh:

need to keep an eye on the speedo and use the cruise  :lol:  (never had a speed ticket in the UK and like to keep it that way)

yeah ,i got new tyres on last week falkins what an improvment, quiter,smother very low on road noise noticed it today drivin with window down, well worth the money

yeah ,i got new tyres on last week falkins what an improvment, quiter,smother very low on road noise noticed it today drivin with window down, well worth the money

Ziex stevie?

I got to buy some new tyres for the wife's car, the tyres are pretty close now, just was well as she got a slow puncture because there's something stuck in the tyre. £130 each which is about as cheap as I can get.

Nope, the wife's cars is also an XV, they're Yokohama geolanders, I could have other tyres that for but these are all season and to be fair she's down 34,000 on them and the fronts have got another 7-8000 left so they do last. But these Yokos have been designed for this car so it makes sense to put them on even if they are pricey.

Well I'm off to a dog day out, but it's ranging here till lunch time

Been out to stock up with some BBQ foods before the whole world wakes up to the nice weather coming this week and empties the supermarkets lol