What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

New exhaust tomorrow :)

Cost me 35quid admin fee to put it on the insurance. -.- 

!Removed! that, mines not declared...it's an exhaust, just as it came out of the factory....the car had one then and has one now....not a performance enhancer, just a part that has worn out and needs replacing

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hosed a build up of road salt from the car today only washed her a day ago 😬. Hosed the wheel arches as usual the by accident more than anything else hosed behind the rear bumper and couldn't believe the amount of grud and mud that came away 😦😦😦 will defo do it properly next time I was the car. 

• Like 1

Started it, **** [emoji90] [emoji90] myself because it went tap tap tap for a second or two. That'll teach me to stop using it daily. Sounds fine now. But it's given me a few weeks of paranoia. Possible piston slap over anything else because it's been sat all week and freezing outside.

Just changed the inner CV boot that split and threw its grease all over the cat and my engine bay. Thought the car was on fire with the amount of smoke and the foul smell. The grease was boiling on the cat so I suppose I was lucky it did not catch fire. 45 minutes to take the drive shaft off and do the boot. I was surprised how easy it all came apart. 4 hours to clean the engine and engine bay. All for a £6 gaiter. All back together now though.

Well, tried to do a couple of jobs today and completely failed! Bolts on my calipers were not for budging... think it was a bit too cold today.

Tried to change the cat pipe in my car as well, one of the bolts was rusted solid but the odd thing, there wasn't much of a bolt left on the other side! All that was left was part of the bolt that had the thread on it, that was it!! No nut, no head on the bolt... was being held in place by rust! Just going to get my garage to do it as i can't wait until the Spring as there is very little meat left on my pads!

23 hours ago, david1972 said:

Get in there Tom; looks great mate!!!

The sound will only get better too as it beds in and carbs up emoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha cheers mate,

Gave it a wash and a wax this afternoon. Cant wait to dry it to work tomorrow :)

Also, whats the best way to maintain a stainless exhaust? should i wax it or something? kinda wanna protect it from the salt/winter grime