What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Does make a difference in the summer I'll spend hours outside playing around. But something even with the tools I have are a bit past my limit's. Garage had to use a cutting nut. I have one that I bought from Halfords but still couldn't do it :( 

5 hours ago, Gambit said:

Haha proof don't need the 2nd cat ;) 

Yer well it's exhaust day tomorrow as well going down to just 100 cel cat hopefully will still be mot friendly next year be interesting to see the emissions difference. 

7 minutes ago, Xander said:

Yer well it's exhaust day tomorrow as well going down to just 100 cel cat hopefully will still be mot friendly next year be interesting to see the emissions difference. 

If not can have a few words mate mine gets through and you know how quiet that is ;) 

4 minutes ago, Gambit said:
12 minutes ago, Xander said:

If not can have a few words mate mine gets through and you know how quiet that is ;) 

Thank you, I have a few reasons for going with a cat but if it's going to fail no matter what I might change my mind anyway.

You still driving it with the bung?

Also be interesting to see what power it makes with a cat. I know with a full decat one made 277 so if I can get close to that with a cat I will be happy. Then it's getting over 300 haha.

--

I make Films for businesses and people. I also make websites.

hahaha!! Unfortunately I don't have a heat gun, and it was around 1 degree when i was trying to do it!! If I could hold off until warmer weather I would but unfortunately I've only got about a bawhair worth of pad material left on the fronts.

One of the bolts on the end of my downpipe has broken as well, the bolt doesn't have a head nor is there a nut on the other end... it's just a threaded piece of metal, holding my exhaust together with rust and determination 

With regards to the downpipe bolt, there are only a few and there 3? I think studs with no head on at all so there's a chance you've not sheared anything off

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stants said:

With regards to the downpipe bolt, there are only a few and there 3? I think studs with no head on at all so there's a chance you've not sheared anything off

Sorry, didn't specify which end! The other end, the one that connects to the cat pipe!!

All the work is done now... 6 hours of labour!! One of the hard brake lines broke due to corrosion so i'm glad I didn't try the brake lines on my driveway!! Also my front caliper pins were siezed which would have also been an absolute bum to remove!!

Does sound really good now with the cat pipe removed :D

Haha mate it's been pickling my head, ghost will be glad I've finally got my head round it, going to see how much this collects from the crank breather, gonna get a 3 port one for the heads may as well [emoji16]

It was 80 plus vat [emoji20] but the build is really nice with it being hewn from ally the internals are good too

7e5c1f0c6ba9deca583706d9f9b32613.jpg

• Like 1

Finally got the exhaust finish.... That's what I thought.

Apparently a 3 inch turbo back means just cut the flange off the stock system weld some pipe to the back of that...

Not overly impressed the exhaust system is nice but for what it cost might as well just got it off the shelf at least then I get what I ordered. 

How many ports has it got stants ?

Cos although there's 3 main breather outlets 2 of them are "t" 'd together on the oe breather system . 1 head breather goes into the "y" pipe off the crank breather which leads to the valve under the throttle body . The other head breather goes to the turbo intake after the maf (this one needs to be blanked off when fitting the catch can )

So when i fitted my current one i used a 2 port and "t"d the head ones together . the only reason i could think it would make any difference not to connect the 2 heads together would be if it needs to equalise the pressure between crank and head but if so why are they not all connected together?

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

How many ports has it got stants ?

Cos although there's 3 main breather outlets 2 of them are "t" 'd together on the oe breather system . 1 head breather goes into the "y" pipe off the crank breather which leads to the valve under the throttle body . The other head breather goes to the turbo intake after the maf (this one needs to be blanked off when fitting the catch can )

So when i fitted my current one i used a 2 port and "t"d the head ones together . the only reason i could think it would make any difference not to connect the 2 heads together would be if it needs to equalise the pressure between crank and head but if so why are they not all connected together?

Sounds like more headaches. And for that reason I'm oot. [emoji85] [emoji125] [emoji125] [emoji125] [emoji100]

Na it's quite simple when you've got it in bits in front of you , just sounds complicated when i try to explain it lol

once the weather's better I'll get a few pics of how mines connected and show what pipes you have to bung when you install it 😉

This one's a two port and my plan is just for the crank, i'm going to retain the pcv (have new one to go in aswell)

I was going to insert can between the y section on the turbo side, and run it through there, then back it the intake,

For this reason I've ordered a load of stock replacment Cafnk/pcv hoses incase I balls it right up,

Is the pcv under the tb on the v3 ?

Not taken it all apart yet ad nedx to get moving house sorted