What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Wash and use metal polish tom,

That's if you can be bothered it shouldn't rust the salt will attack it over time but my last one on the mazda had been on 20 years and with a bit of elbow grease came up good.

I've blown yet another sidelight bulb ? Went to Halfords for a pair, about 10 people in car park replacing batteries [emoji23] only good side to the cold is the turbo is loving the cool air

• Like 1

Had a bit of a play with a x plate evo this evening ,the scoob seemed to love the colder air and was pulling hard under boost (proppa rinsed him) [emoji12]

When i Got back and checked the peak holds on the fc and avcr they were all good....... apart from hitting 1.76 bar

Think I need to get the "gear judge" function set up on the avcr sooner rather than later [emoji16]

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

• Like 2

Apexi is a bit "old school" but I like the the fact that you can monitor most things on the fly .

I think I'm gonna get a afr gauge soon as although my mappers set the eml to flash if I hit any parameters I'd like a visual gauge to check .

Need to find my speed sensor wiring fault first as the avcr hasn't got a working "vehicle speed " input atm so doesn't have the ability to equal the boost targets in each gear like it should [emoji57]

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

Enjoyed the icy roads at the weekend as much as I could but I dont have anywhere big and open to play :(. Good having people say "my car was just wheel spinning and sliding everywhere" when my car just drove like normal with the odd ABS intervention when braking.

Other than that I've had a pretty boring time in the Subaru. It needs a service and headlights need fitting as well so will have it booked in soon :).

Playing the insurance quote game. Anyone got a recommendation? So far Admiral is winning with mods declared looking at £730 but they will only cover mods up to £500 if the car was stolen. Flux where expensive again over £1000 but they will cover the mods and replace them so I guess its worth it if I had expensive parts on the car.

On 1/17/2016 at 5:30 PM, stants said:

Wash and use metal polish tom,

That's if you can be bothered it shouldn't rust the salt will attack it over time but my last one on the mazda had been on 20 years and with a bit of elbow grease came up good.

I've blown yet another sidelight bulb ? Went to Halfords for a pair, about 10 people in car park replacing batteries emoji23.png only good side to the cold is the turbo is loving the cool air

oh yeah, i've got some metal polish... was thinking of waxing it too?

i ordered the belts, were pretty cheap on ICP so will ask Martin to fit them for me. I haven't changed them before and I doubt that the previous owner did either. So figured i'd get them both changed with one of them squeaking loudly on start up.

On 17/01/2016 at 4:40 PM, tom_gr7 said:

Haha cheers mate,

Gave it a wash and a wax this afternoon. Cant wait to dry it to work tomorrow :)

Also, whats the best way to maintain a stainless exhaust? should i wax it or something? kinda wanna protect it from the salt/winter grime

I use meguairs metal polysh on mine - about £9 a pot

hahaha!! Thankfully there is nothing wrong with them, just need new discs and pads fitted... getting braided hoses fitted too, unfortunately the caliper bolts were very rusty and it was 1 degree when i was trying to crack them... they just weren't for budging.

7 hours ago, Xander said:

Playing the insurance quote game. Anyone got a recommendation? So far Admiral is winning with mods declared looking at £730 but they will only cover mods up to £500 if the car was stolen. Flux where expensive again over £1000 but they will cover the mods and replace them so I guess its worth it if I had expensive parts on the car.

Hi,

If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to take another look at your quotation to see if  I cam shave anything further off our quotation.

Regards,

Dan.

• Like 1