What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

So looked at a couple of Wagons as Mrs does not seem to like Fozzy's 😠

Looked at a classic that had a rotten rear 😳

Looked at a late Blob that was rotten and had a very bad bottom end!!  (blue 55 plate 145k on the clock Bucks)

Decided as the Leggy is so good mechanically and solid I'm going to cost up respray + stock suspension. Fingers crossed 🤗 thinking £2-2.5k otherwise it's gonna be a pukka Blob WRX wagon in a few months. 

@GeoffLeggy i spent about 5 months driving the lengh of the country looking for a blob wagon in good nick,make sure you hpi them even when they say they have,in 5 months i look't at about 15 all sounded great on paper only 1 was really how it was discribed but the owner crashed it before i could buy it,

On holiday in Norfolk so not done anything special today in terms of tinkering, just put a few miles on the clock via some smaller twisty roads and loved every minute... Mildly (incredibly) obsessed with my car [emoji16]

a33bf647a4fce655e5135f5a37db9196.jpg

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Changed oil today.changed brake pads and found one rubber seals round one pistons on drivers caliper is half missing so guess thats not good.new pads and brakes still feel wooden so need to decide big brake kit or not.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Don't like it myself, but hey why the hell not :-) trust the yanks to try something different.... Hope they beefed up the structural rigidity (or whatever you call it) when they lopped off the roof :-)

Finally got around to a full clean and polish, been aiming to do it for a few weeks now.

Just finished the wax layer and wiping away drips from tyre dressing when SWMBO arrives with kids grabs keys and drives off :rolleyes:

Tried Meguires compound for first time today - its good but it does take more work to remove the road smears / grease spots than a clay bar - would be ideal if I hadn't left it so long between cleans I imagine.

Well after fitting new pad the other day i forgot to check the guide pins 1 was seazed solid and stoppin brake working rite,so today i decided to take the calipers off and give them full rebuild.cleaned them,gave nice coat blue paint and got a new piston and seal kit arriving tommorow with postie,then back on and hopefully no more wooden feel brakes and will save me money buying big brake kit for now 😉

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Sold my raised height quick lift trolley jack today without ever using it....a trip to machine mart beckons to get one that'll go under the wrx now [emoji3]

spent a few hours the other day cleaning out the engine bay, whole thing was coated in thick black gunk was well chuffed when it came out that clean. couple hours a day since trying to get in all the awkward gaps and cleaning it off the electrical connectors aswell. dont think any previous owners did out with this car. sadly didnt take a before pic, there was no silver anywhere. 

dropped my socket under the engine, still havent found it lol.

IMG_1052.JPG

• Like 5

Did my engine bay yesterday too full power wash caught few fins on the TMIC though :msn-cry: so will have to straighten them back up at some point. Mother in law might be round over the weekend perfect time to do such a job I think :laugh:

now thats a crackin excuse to get out and play.  was debating doing it for a few weeks, came back from brighton it was full of sand aswell as the gunk,  next need to do air filter badly, oil and filter. gonna take a stab at spark plugs too if i can ever find the right ones, getting mixed messages from websites.

So today I traveled 2 and a half hours home from holiday to be greeted by a variety of packages all containing shiny things for the car [emoji16] I immediately jacked the car up, had linch while it cooled and the put the new de-cat pipe on!! Next weekend will be oil, filter and plugs...

Oh and in other news I ripped off the heat shield on one side of the manifold to finally stop the loudest rattle in the world [emoji1303] a productive damn day

• Like 2

thanks mate, @aucky  i watched a youtube video and went to it tbh lol.  autoglyms engine cleaner,  a brush was doing nothing to mine, i use the centre bits of the old school floor cleaners, bit like a scouring pad but come in a few different grains, then hosed off before it dried up, it was drying very fast so had to do it a couple of times quickly then concentrate on areas.  used a paintbrush on everything plastic or rubber.  then sprayed down with autoglym vinyl protect, that stuffs ok at best prefer Meguiars black trim stuff.   the only problem with the engine cleaner was the bottle sucks, spray handles not strong enough.   

and contact cleaner to go round cleaning alternator and its connections after.  got alot more to do on it. 

spent around 1 hour or more putting clingfilm on all the electric connections and parts that i could find.  all the youtube videos show you nice small engines that are neat with very few electrics or other bits. pain in the backside but worth it.  tried first time doing it by hand so i didnt need to hose it down, didnt even touch the surface. 

• Like 1