What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

IMG_1492.JPGSmelt burning plastic.. !Removed! aircon belt jumped and the tensioner pulley drilled into the timming belt cover- I actually pulled the half melted pully out and then found the bearing bolt in the timming chain.. now all cleaned up and the hole is coverd neatly.. I cut up a black shampoo bottle, left it in boiling water to go flat and cut to shape and glued on! - serviced the car for winter too and it's running sweet' near miss and I guess aircon won't Be needed for a while' - I think il string measure a new belt and by pass a pully tensioner! 

Been an eventful weekend. The boys welded my nearside sills today and part of the boot for the mot next month. And hopefully having my stainless steel decat exhaust fitted this week as original one has a hole in the centre pipe. Hoping it will pass the mot with no issues.

Changed my fuel filter, found out a resonator box delete i bought second hand of eBay is supposed to be used with a pod filter instead of the original airbox which annoyed me.

Replaced a broken leaking radiator and filled with nice fresh millers oils coolant and anti freeze.

Washed the outside and emptied all the crap out of it. Im now going for a drive as the roads should be empty.

@stants did you get the the bottom of it?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

No and yes, sort of, opening the bonnet opened up a can of vac line shaped worms some of them not even going anywhere, managed to un plumb the mbc and revert the turbo/soliniod pipework to near stock, needs a new restrictor pill as the oem one was in the end of a tee piece in the driver footwell [emoji33] , took it for a drive and was hitting 1.3 bar, turns out there's an abc superchip wired into the ecu

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Indeed, he made it home and took a look at the ecu,

Told him best bet is to get it on the rollers as from what I've read the 'chip' just keeps raising the boost in every gear and removes the fuel cut. Lest will be able to tell if it's gonna blow it's self to bits or not any time soon

Investigated my rust problem,

A little digging made a small problem a lot worse, sanded back rust converted and awaiting priming, think she may only have a couple more years left in her as there's some appearing on the rear arch now too

Oil change using Shell helix ultra, k& n filter and new washer. Used road & grime remover from machine mart (apologies to the original poster of that tip ) only did a quick once over with it but very pleased with the results.  When I've more time I'll do the engine bay properly with it 👍👍👍👍👍👍

@David1972 wanna do mine?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Lol@mattiekane it's a struggle to fit mine into the schedule nowadays [emoji54]

Very satisfying to see it back to its gleaming self today though [emoji41]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk