What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

So, after fixing the leather in place with contact adhesive ( https://www.mitre10.co.nz/shop/ados-f2-multipurpose-contact-adhesive-75ml-honey/p/370182 - which is what I should have done in the first place :P ), armrest is reassembled...

20161205_161735_zps2gmna3as.jpg

20161205_161748_zpsf5exrfkk.jpg

20161205_161759_zps64z6erww.jpg

All that remained was to install it into the car.

Lowered position...
20161205_162823_zpsr8qcgkuk.jpg

Elevated...
20161205_162829_zpsv8eisvzq.jpg

20161205_162835_zpsugv9zius.jpg

20161205_162900_zpsabapxolg.jpg

Raised...
20161205_162844_zpstffrw0ac.jpg

All in all, a pretty straightforward DIY job with a pleasing result. It's the sort of mod that just about anyone could do and simply requires a  cross head screwdriver, contact adhesive, a sharp knife and some cushion foam. Though it would have been a lot easier if Subaru fitted it in the first place :rolleyes:

On 2/23/2014 at 0:36 PM, antlockyer said:

Tried to mop up the mess the leaking radiator has caused and tried to find a part number for a JDM Forester rad.

Had the same issue :( i replaced with a Misimoto Rad and can say it has been perfect. Ill see if i can dig out the receipt and part number. 

Drove to work, quietly.

Drove to the garage quietly.

Drove home with a tyrannosaurus in the boot! 😊

(Stainless axle back, muffler delete)

There's absolutely no doubt it's a Scooby now. Rumbles at tick, roars like a thing possessed at wot.

I'll let you know how it sounds at cruising speed later, off to Welshland tomorrow night, so will have a chance to test thoroughly.

• Like 2

Washed it, then a quick run out to dry the brakes.

Took the day off to oversee day 1 of 3 of log burner installation, only for them to turn up this morning to tell me I needed scaffolding up for them to be able to fit the external chimney work. !Removed! man who quoted us didn't spot it, the dumb !Removed!. Now booked for thu next week.

Meanwhile my garage is full of logs [emoji849]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

🤔 contemporary or more 'rustic' ? I shall Google!

We only need a small one but needs to be defra approved etc biggest ball ache is finding someone with reasonable prices to re line the chimney. Cheapest ball park figures are around 1k at the mo.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, david1972 said:

We've gone for one called an Ecoburn 5 plus widescreen. It's a relatively new 5kw unit for a room that's 4m by 4m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Widescreen? Does it also have WiFi and able to connect to Netflix? :bag:

I'm assuming the widescreen is the lovely window so you can see the logs :D

• Like 1

We've gone for one called an Ecoburn 5 plus widescreen. It's a relatively new 5kw unit for a room that's 4m by 4m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Widescreen? Does it also have WiFi and able to connect to Netflix? :bag:

I'm assuming the widescreen is the lovely window so you can see the logs :D

Yep, the latest i7 processor too and Bluetooth [emoji14]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dropped her off at the dyno. Not the most ideal situation as I'd rather be there for it. Got offered Saturday work and being self employed with 10 days off for Xmas had to take the work. Gave her a health check last night and a quick blitz this morning so all rosey. Garage is recommended around here too.

• Like 1

Dropped her off at the dyno. Not the most ideal situation as I'd rather be there for it. Got offered Saturday work and being self employed with 10 days off for Xmas had to take the work. Gave her a health check last night and a quick blitz this morning so all rosey. Garage is recommended around here too.

Where did she go ?

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk