Sparky's 2015 sti build

Sparky

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Sparky, fellow '15 black STi owner here from the other side of the pond!

I absolutely love what you've done with your STi! Quick question: would you mind telling me where you got the black Subaru star badges from? Also, it seems like you replaced the outer ring of the badge from chrome to black too? Can you let me know where you got that too please :)

Btw, have you considered changing the caliper color? Someone over in the iWSTi forums posted this picture of his yellow calipers on his black STi. I think it looks so much better than the black calipers. I was also considering doing mine either yellow or red...

bgFuORb.jpg

bJTWJZn.jpg

• Like 3

Hey Sparky, fellow '15 black STi owner here from the other side of the pond!

I absolutely love what you've done with your STi! Quick question: would you mind telling me where you got the black Subaru star badges from? Also, it seems like you replaced the outer ring of the badge from chrome to black too? Can you let me know where you got that too please :)

Btw, have you considered changing the caliper color? Someone over in the iWSTi forums posted this picture of his yellow calipers on his black STi. I think it looks so much better than the black calipers. I was also considering doing mine either yellow or red...

bgFuORb.jpg

bJTWJZn.jpg

Nice love the yellow on the brakes I was thinking of doing mine yellow after seeing these I think I will the badges I did my self I easy just time consuming get a heat gun and some fishing line heat badges up and run the line behind them to cut the 3m tape easiest way of getting them off with out damaging any thing I used paint striper with a cotton bud to carefully removed most of the the blue be careful not to remove the sliver from the stars then wet and dry to remove the rest of the blue get it nice and smooth then spayed black with car paint know the rings you will need to rub this back with a corse grit paper ton get a nice key this is important or the paint won't stick to them then get some 3m tape and stick themy back on
  • Like 1

This build thread is missing picture man ....... hook us up with some :P

James

Hi mate I add all the pictures to the 1st page so it's easy for everyone to find them rather then trawling though all the pages as it progresses
  • Like 1

Right i got a stiffies 😆 only just come out he couldn't even give me a price but hay ordered them any way 💸 hope they dont dent my wallet to much I will find out soon I suppose should be one of the first with these and got all the bits now to turn calipers yellow now to 😆

Screenshot_2016-01-18-16-15-33-1.png

• Like 1

Right i got a stiffies 😆 only just come out he couldn't even give me a price but hay ordered them any way 💸 hope they dont dent my wallet to much I will find out soon I suppose should be one of the first with these and got all the bits now to turn calipers yellow now to 😆

Screenshot_2016-01-18-16-15-33-1.thumb.png.c0ff385c2c4a2b99cd711ea2171f7eba.png

Ah awesome, I've been looking to get some of these. Only place I could find them was the scoobyclinic eBay account, they're £110 for 2 with postage!

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Xander said:

Amazing car, I need to stop coming here as its making me want to sell mine and get a 2015.....

Thanks 😆 it coming along got a big list of stuff I still need to tick off  but it seem to just keep getting bigger. Car wise do it buy one you want regret it its a great car 

Amazing car, I need to stop coming here as its making me want to sell mine and get a 2015.....

Thanks [emoji38] it coming along got a big list of stuff I still need to tick off  but it seem to just keep getting bigger. Car wise do it buy one you want regret it its a great car 

Yer think it's next car for sure. Just a case of when.

--

I make Films for businesses and people. I also make websites.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Right bit of a change of plan the stiffies have come look great on the mock up but I will not be fitting them but putting them up for sale they come in at 173 pound for 3 of them will sell them on here for 140 posted will be adding to parts for sale as soon as i have took some pictures this is only due to as I said change of plan I have just put an order in for the new seibon carbon boot and will be fitting an Apr gt style carbon spoiler to it 😊 

Screenshot_2016-01-26-20-22-00.png

Screenshot_2016-01-26-20-22-04.png

Screenshot_2016-01-26-20-22-09.png

Thanks for the comments guys 😆 think once all the carbons on it should look good can't wait to get it on the car I will have to wait for the boot before I order the spoiler thou beasuse of the shape amberperformce the supplyer fitted the same set up to there gt86 and told me some modifying the spoiler Base will be required but I get it sorted just need boot so it can make my measurement to get the right model to fit and Kevin86 I message you the link to the mud guards and some pictures they look good on I show you how I fitted mine to as I did it differently to the instructions so brackets are hidden I explain in the message 

Screenshot_2016-01-27-17-50-50.png

They definitely look better with then with out makes it look a bit wider to 😊my wheels are also as wide as I can go with out rubbing so stops all the crap up the side functional and they look good win win 😊