What would you do if.....

tom_gr7

So, got a problem...

One of those "first world problems" that should really be a problem, when in perspective with the real world.

Anyway, unfortunately we have new neighbours, that happen to have two small dogs. The neighbours have a habit of letting the dogs out into the street unsupervised and !Removed! wherever they please. This happens to be on my front garden, just to the left of my front door. Lovely. I've seen the dogs in the street a number of times on their own, but never caught them in the act. It's definitely a small dog, as the **** is small and probably the same dog each time, as its in the same spot each time.

I have reported it to the council, as it will be a "recorded incident" then and the council can't later say, "well you never reported it, so did it really happen?" 

So, does anyone have any suggestions? I do plan on speaking to the neighbour when I next catch him, but if anyone else has any other suggestions that would be appreciated.

Ta

Rant over 

Just be a case of have a word with them first and ask them not to let the dogs on your property. We walk ours round town every night and some times then will go to the loo on someone's drive or front garden as they have no fence / gate. I always pick it up and never had a problem other than people looking out the window to see if we pick it up. I would say your right to report it to the council as you say it's on record. If the person refuses to do anything about it then you can put up a fence or keep on at the council.

--

I make Films for businesses and people. I also make websites.

• Like 1

Or buy a massive dog and let it out whenever the others are on your property, all the dogs I've kept have always been cleaned up after, I can't believe people these days wouldn't look after them, slightly OT but the worst people are the ones who let the dogs off the lead in public places, where it either says dogs must be on a lead or there are small children around, it's alright them saying 'oh my dogs good with kids etc'butbtahts not the point, anyone who's met me will have seen the damage my own dog causes me,

A couple of years ago I had a really anti social dog who didn't like other dogs so the other owners only had themselves to blame when I'd have ago when it came sniffing

• Like 1

ta for the replies. Unfortunately we rent, so we cant put a fence up. I'll have to knock on their door tomorrow and have a polite word.

I was also thinking of something like these.... clicky

May be slightly illegal, effective though, do what the old dear does, big water gun and sprays cats etc that try and !Removed! everywhere dig up her garden, they soon learn

Whilst it should be a pretty minor thing, It's actually really annoyed me.  Yeah he doesn't keep the dogs on a lead either, which is probably part of the problem as the dogs can wander as they please and **** wherever they fancy.

Maybe I'm going to have to get some repellent or something 

Scoop up the ****, post through letterbox, job done [emoji106]

We have neighbours whose friends when they visit, kindly throw their ciggy ends over the fence into our side passage or garden. Spoke to the bloke about it but it's made !Removed! all difference so they either fly back over their fence or get put in their bin. No need for it; totally !Removed! me off

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

I had it one time - couldnt work out where is was coming until I saw the culprit one day - followed it back - into the next street - and had a word with its owner, to be fair he said he wasnt aware the dog was doing it, I suggested him having more control over his dog but it didnt happen again.

unfortunately you are in the place where the dog thinks that is its new toilet so the habit / routine will have to be broken somehow

ta for the replies. I'm going to invest in some strong cayane pepper and lightly sprinkle that over the lawn.... next time pooch comes along, he'll take once sniff and wander off elsewhere.

Im also going to get a sign put up in my front window. something like, "stop ya dogs !Removed! on my lawn ya dirty !Removed!".

Love a letter to the council [emoji28] [emoji23] Always go for a nice chat first off. Better that way. Agree with it all though. I always go out with !Removed! bags. Never let her off the lead even at the little park near me if anyone is there.

I was over the other week and a bloke was walking his collie off the lead. He came bounding over causing hassle with Jessie. Bloke was just strolling over like it was fine his dog was jumping all over her. Had a word but it falls on deaf ears most the time.

I would without a doubt have a word. Having a similar issue around my way with a opposite neighbour. Second time they dog was out I went and knocked on the blokes door. He is a ruff fella but said it was his daughter who sometimes let the dog out and apologised. I accepted his apology and have not seen the dog in the past few weeks. He does also let it off the lead on a walk etc.

If he had not complied I would have told him my actions with full force. Video or photo the offending dog. Report in writing with evidence of said offending dog to council and RSPCA. Continue to photo or film and also take from there.

Unfortunately final option from me would be unpleasant for the dog owner. Good luck whatever you choose.

What would i do......

Fook it I'd just let the bulldog out for a meet n greet on the doorstep [emoji5]

Or

If you can't just bump into him outside your houses, I'd knock on his door . Then say that you'd like him to either pick his dog mess up or at least keep them off your property ,as a child had stepped in some and walked it in your house .

We have that problem in our local park. Some owners let their dogs off, and walk on, acting as if they don't have one (despite leads in hand). Dogs run about, get left behind, crap, and it is never picked up - "didn't see it do it, officer". I always keep my dog in sight, and pick up after her (halo!), so doubly annoying when I tread in some other dog's mess. Dog Wardens are rubbish, and hide in their hut, in case they get set upon by a mini Yorkie!

• Like 1

So a bit of an update.

I never spoke to the owner, after the third time of letting his dog **** on my lawn I was livid and just complained to the council.

I had an email from them two days later staying they will send someone out from the street cleaning team to clean it up in the next few days. On the same day, the missus was off work and noticed that someone from the council knocked on their door and posted a letter through.... The same evening the dog **** had been cleaned up off my front lawn. All sorted hopefully.

Until I came home tonight and noticed his dog sat in their garden on his own again... Our gardens are all unfenced, so the dog is free to do as he pleases.

I do agree though, It's not the dogs fault. It doesn't look like a nasty dog tbh, but he wont know any better than to **** wherever feels comfortable.

Sorry to hear it's not getting sorted I guess speak to the council again as they will fine the dog owner if they keep having to clean it up.

Also I know you can not put up a large fence but could a small one be done like the stuff you use to edge a flower bed could be enough to keep the dog on there side.

--

I make Films for businesses and people. I also make websites.

is it a council house you are renting?,

the housing association i work for allow residents to erect there own fence up to 1 metre(out of there own pocket), as long as you write to them asking for permission and detailing why you want it, (kids to be safe,blah blah blah) so i don't see why neighbouring dogs wouldn't come under that section if its a council place,

also would need to be a decent fence not some shabby thing thrown together from all different types of wood we do get them with nails sticking out and so on and they are swiftly removed, also if the properties grounds are maintained by the council and its classed as a communal area that could be an issue 

all depends if you want to spend on a fence while renting, if you plan on staying awhile it might be worth it, 

• 1 month later...

totally raging, just got back from a weekend away to find that the neighbours let his dog !Removed! on our front lawn again...

I wanted to chuck it on his doorstep but the missus doesnt want me too incase it escalates things.

edit chucked it on his lawn.

• Like 1