Need guidance on this project please!

kayzarh

I sold a full set of Goodrich stainless steel brake lines for £20 a few months ago [emoji57]

Think you can get cheaper one's new for about £40 though [emoji39]

[emoji116] [emoji116] [emoji116]

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

😑😂😎😬😬😬😬😩😩😩😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😈😈😈😈😈

#youth

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

On 03/06/2016 at 3:27 PM, savage bulldogs said:

Sounds like it's running ok now emoji41.png

Shame it looks like you'll have to sell a kidney on the black market to insure it emoji57.png

im so glad to be honest, its running perfect; getting on full boost at 3k-4k, other than an abs light (pssht who needs abs >,>) a little rough idle (nothing a clean of the ivac wont solve) and the water dripping from exhuast indicates some perfect a/f ratios (or so what ive read)

I'm glad it's running ok ,cos it seemed a bit like a man sized jigsaw when you first asked a few questions on here lol .

Limited milage might bring the insurance down a bit but it's normally hell'va steep the first year for anyone and tends to go down once you prove that you're not going to take out a bin in maccy d's car park doing 4 wheel drifts [emoji23]

• Like 1

I'm glad it's running ok ,cos it seemed a bit like a man sized jigsaw when you first asked a few questions on here lol .

Limited milage might bring the insurance down a bit but it's normally hell'va steep the first year for anyone and tends to go down once you prove that you're not going to take out a bin in maccy d's car park doing 4 wheel drifts [emoji23]

I learnt a heck of a lot about cars, I didn't know squat up until this Jan it's been a struggle and I'm getting the usual from family:

You fixed the car now it's time to sell it.

Normal people do that, I'm not normal, I don't do that, I try and explain but noone listens [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

• Like 2

Been looking some coolant, turns out the top radiator clamp went retarded and slipped off which is brilliant news really, just ordered a replacement from ICP

Ok couldn't wait for the replacement took the power steering pump bracket out for some play and managed to somehow squeeze in a clamp and seal it for good, temp won't even touch half on this baking day :D

Ordered some Fuchs antifreeze cause ocd

Those silly clamps? I don't know the name but they end up cutting into the pipe. My top rad hose blew and when I tried to undo that clamp it snapped. Had to pinch some wire nips from work to cut it off. Managed to do it with all other parts in place. Was a right fiddle though.

Ah the even crappier ones than cheap jubilee clip lol.

These are the better design of the 3

jubilee-clips.jpg

Indeed. Must've been a desperate cost cutting and weight reduction option for Subaru to go for those original clamps. Horrible things.

@savage bulldogs

Okay, so new problem is randomly starting to occur.

first start of the day, the car wont start until a few cranks, there is a flashing cel (which i hear is bad news) :/ however once i start it and switch it off it all gets better.

The jittery idle issue is back, also when i blip the throttle you can almost feel the pressure going through the exhaust in the car, is that normal?

i cleaned the maf again with electrical contact cleaner, but this pipercross air filter (the one that came with the car) is releasing some purple stuff which seems to clog the mesh filter on the maf, is that normal or do i need to change it asap. 

You shouldn't get any residue from a air filter (it's supposed to filter particles not create em ) .maybe try giving it a clean with some electrical contact cleaner ,wait for it to dry and then refit it .

The filter could be causing all the symptoms . If it's clogged it could be restricting airflow enough to affect the mixture.

Which in turn might cause the starting, idle and holding back symptoms.

• Like 1

On 09/06/2016 at 7:14 AM, Scooby Pete said:

Ah the even crappier ones than cheap jubilee clip lol.

These are the better design of the 3

jubilee-clips.jpg

Just replaced all the jubilees on my van for these types, was constantly getting leaks when turbo spooled - far superior

• Like 2

so i decided i made a retarded move to order a second hand pipercross kit, so i went and reinstalled the stock airbox back just now and ordered a kn panel filter from eurocarparts which i will pick up at 3pm today, i also gave the maf another good clean with some electrical contact cleaner.

however my airbox is missing 2 of these clamps:

dsfsdf.png

anyone know where i can get some or can someone sell me some ?

4 hours ago, matt said:

the redneck in me would..... Drill 2 small holes and whip a cable tie thro!

no place to drill hole as its such a tight fit!!! i cable tied two massive one and then strapped the airbox in, i really need to source some of them clamps :/.

good news is, the car has never started so easy before there is still minor fluctuation in revs +/- 50rpm im pretty sure that will clear when the ecu learns (i disconnected the Battery for 30mins or so before starting)

@savage bulldogs

could i have a weak fuel pump? ive changed my fuel filter and ive gone back to stock airbox aswell as clean the maf, the first start of the day, it takes EXACTLY three cranks to start the car, also could the minor fluctations be due to a weak fuel pump.

Can i swap out a walboro 255lph without a remap and with factory fuel lines?

thanks

yes you can change the pump out the ECU would still control fuel flow according to demand, pressure etc It is recommended replacing a fuel pump any time after 5 years old but most will just wait until it fails completely before replacement so may be something that will benefit your car anyway

• Like 1