The Honda Thread

Tidgy

Since we seem to be getting a few ex honda members (snigger), thought it would be better to have one thread for honda appreciation rather than swamp the welcome threads. (can just send em the link here now haha)

So i'll start,

Vtec yo, all the lag, none of the boost,,

hahaha, let the fun begin

• Like 1

On 16/10/2016 at 1:03 PM, stants said:

0bb35f03e1a200fd24975755e9ee09cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I was about 20 cars up in the queue when this happened at japfest 3/4 years ago was !Removed! nasty..... from what i heard from people who had a clear view the jag was hooning it lol 

James 

16 hours ago, Jimmymac101 said:

I was about 20 cars up in the queue when this happened at japfest 3/4 years ago was !Removed! nasty..... from what i heard from people who had a clear view the jag was hooning it lol 

James 

Jag didnt expect the vtec to kick in on the honda so it didnt think it would be in the way,,,,,, hahahaha

• Like 1

More the cars tbh all show and no go till 9million revs 😂 by then it's time to change gear and repeat.

The new blade is supposed to be really good, saying that the r1 is awesome too, (prefer the look of the r1)

Remember when the first fireblades came out with the black/orange tiger stripes my neighbour bought one and i was like 😍 whilst Pootling on my 50cc pigggio

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

My 2p - chassis is good but it is compromised by the FWD - The new Civic is supposed to have a lot of new electronic trickery to put the increased power down.

wrt bikes I rode a newish Fireblade (compared to my tweaked 89 FZR it was bleeding edge :smile:) at the Ron Haslam Race School Donnington and it was very easy to get on with, dragged knee, had front wheel lift on back straight whilst flat out in top (where the Dunlop bridge used to be) - and yes the data logger did record a throttle position change as adrenaline state brown kicked in for a split second.

Have ridden a couple of CBR 600's (RR and road version) they are both capable bikes but then I had a crack on an older 03 R6 and found that to be so much more engaging

Had a spin on a blackbird when they came out and that was a great bike also...

But for me whilst Hondas do everything fine there is just no excitement - they just dont make me lumpy.

Instead of a Blackbird I find myself browsing for Kwak ZX12's and instead of a Fireblade I will look for ZX10R's or GSXR1000 / 750's - always been a Yam guy until the crossplane crank thing came in and made it sound funny. (looking forward to seeing the new ZX10RR)

I would be interested to drive an NSX and see how that turned out but at the price of one there are other motors I would probably consider which would put a smile on my face - Nissan GTR, Aston Martin, Jag, Monaro but most likely I would build a Gobstopper tribute with the cash

• Like 1

Honda's aren't that bad. At least they're fairly reliable until you mess with trying to boost them or something. And to say they're torqueless is a bit harsh. They're alright and more of a "entry level" into the car scene I'd say. Also owned a '05 CBR 600RR and I loved it.

Find all this Honda bashing funny. But don't forget we did not all start with a turbo car. My fav is still my fto gpx. Won best handling car when it came out. 6. 7 secs is still good for a new car. Easy to work on. Keep up on corners on track but lost out on straights.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Seminole81 said:

Honda's aren't that bad. At least they're fairly reliable until you mess with trying to boost them or something. And to say they're torqueless is a bit harsh. They're alright and more of a "entry level" into the car scene I'd say. Also owned a '05 CBR 600RR and I loved it.

The S2000 develops 240hp, but only something like 150ftlbs of torque!