First time buyer

Daryl

I've heard a few people saying they're one of the decent places to go up here think they'll be dear? For what I'm needing done? Gonna get.my.local to fit the c pipe an maybe see if they think they could have a go at freeing the tgv but I dont even know which side ffs bank 1 whatever side that is. An then take it to sw if no.joy I spose

1 minute ago, Daryl said:

Just spoke to one of the lads at sw motorsport in Edinburgh reckons I should first try getting the code deleted just with it not having symptoms just to see if it comes back could be a glitch.🤞

This what we said to do when you got your OBD reader but it did not work. Yes the light could be a glitch but judging by the description of the exhaust section it probably is not. I would still do this test if possible.

It will just restart the ECU back to factory settings mate. Ah right fair enough well you have ra motorsports in Perth I think as an option I use CSK autoworx he is a good mechanic but he’s in North Lanarkshire which might be a bit of a trek for you.

Cool man I'll give it a try at some point today when I get chance, so just disconnect Battery an hold break down.. for how long? Sw seem legit seen a bit about em in the forums an theyr really handy for me only like 25 min ride away👍

23 minutes ago, Daryl said:

But I thought the light doesnt have anything to do.with the exhaust.section???

This is what we need to establish. Not sure if the light is connected to the exhaust/sensor or the tgv.

I would have 1st removed the check engine light with the reader(lol) and tested it hoping it was a glitch. If it came back on I would have tested the O2 sensor with Multi meter or OBD Bluetooth dongle (logging) to see if that was foobar as it quite easy to access. If O2 sensor is ok then it must either be the CAT (which you say needs replacing) or the TGV. If CAT has holes I would have ordered this anyway. If O2 sensor is foobar then bingo, new CAT and sensor sorted. If still failed then I would look at the TGV and start researching this part.

When you test drive after resetting the ECU you may need to do a few miles before it relearns. The light may not come instantly for a fault. 

Can it do any damage removing the check light by disconnecting the Battery? This is where I'm confused some people saying their isnt a sensor in the centre piece, so first port of call is the centre piece, an try an keep old sensor why is that? 

If the piece below is foobar then it has an O2 sensor according to this diagram. If it the section after this then this is after the O2 sensor and would not trigger a check engine light and the issue is something else e.g. tgv. Which part of the exhaust has holes?

image.png.0e829ec25772e2af170c2b96df038b41.png

Have we established which part of the exhaust has gone?