First time buyer

Daryl

Get the centre section of pipe replaced then clear the code, if you want and its still logging a fault I'll plug it in to our diagnostic machine on Monday,  i didn't realise you were east lothian as it says on your profile cumbria i'm in selkirk just down the road 

Yes the center section or the part after I marked on the diagram does not have a cat but a resonator. If that bit is the problem then the sensor is probably ok and it must be something else e.g. TGV. I would rather it be the O2 sensor. I hopefully have not confused Daryl.

48 minutes ago, ROSSCOSM said:

There you go mate stuartie is your man 👍

26 minutes ago, Siluro said:

Stuartie to the rescue.

Haha hardly 🤣🤣, although i do know what to look for and i can keep it plugged in while you go for a drive and monitor the live data and see what the sensor is doing, the diagnostic tablet will probably tell me how much the tgv's are open or closed by watching the parameters, please remember it will be a wee bit of a learning curve for me aswell as i haven't done anything with newage stuff but a sensor works the same whether it's on a truck or a car 👍

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stuartie said:

Haha hardly 🤣🤣, although i do know what to look for and i can keep it plugged in while you go for a drive and monitor the live data and see what the sensor is doing, the diagnostic tablet will probably tell me how much the tgv's are open or closed by watching the parameters, please remember it will be a wee bit of a learning curve for me aswell as i haven't done anything with newage stuff but a sensor works the same whether it's on a truck or a car 👍

At least you can log the data and hopefully by process of elimination find the problem. Going back and fourth on this thread is starting to become painfull (don't take this the wrong way daryl) 350 posts lol. Please keep us posted.

Hahaha 400 is a cert patience of saints you lot  it is appreciated honestly🙏. Stuartie thatd be absolutely spot on if you wouldn't mind doing that obviously I'll sort you out with some coin I just have one problem the centre pipe I wanted to order is made order wont get it till the 16th anyone know where I'd get one rapid?

Bit gutted.about that cobra pipe looked oright an it was on offer aswell just measured the c pipe its 126cm they.werent sure at the place I was getting it from gonna ring um see if they can pull their.finger out 😂

Sweet now that the garage pointed the holes out ya can hear it but then other day before the light came on i couldnt decide if it was blowing or not, hopefully this will be it, but not.holding my breath 

1 hour ago, Daryl said:

Hahaha 400 is a cert patience of saints you lot  it is appreciated honestly🙏. Stuartie thatd be absolutely spot on if you wouldn't mind doing that obviously I'll sort you out with some coin I just have one problem the centre pipe I wanted to order is made order wont get it till the 16th anyone know where I'd get one rapid?

Fooking hell go away for a wee bit and theres like 20 more replies haha 🤣😝, i can do that for you and it's ok about coinage i don't mind just plugging it in to see whats going on, you'll have to wait until i'm finished work though, I'll be finished about 4ish but I'll pm you my number and we can sort something out 👍 

• Haha 1

I gave the code a quick google , as it wasn't making sense that it applied to 1 bank if it was a o2 issue.

As I said before when a bank code come up its normally Tgv's or if accompanied by a misfire code , its coilpacks, plugs or injectors. 

I only checked 3 of the googled results but they all said the same thing , which still makes no sense as its nothing to do with a particular side or bank of the engine lol .

So your mechanic could well be right by saying if there's a hole in a bit of the exhaust it could cause a o2  reading fault . As the sensor readings might not be the same ,due to gasses escaping through a hole .

heres a screenshot of one of the posts that came up with a google but I'd suggest replacing exhaust section first before changing a sensor .

Best of luck getting it sorted ,bud 

Screenshot_20191129-172843_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ahh i see so bank 1 sensor 1 is the one in the header probs about the same place as the classic, i wonder if they would class the next sensor in the first cat pipe as bank 2 sensor 2 and each section with a cat in are referred to as banks if you know what I mean 

7 minutes ago, stuartie said:

Ahh i see so bank 1 sensor 1 is the one in the header probs about the same place as the classic, i wonder if they would class the next sensor in the first cat pipe as bank 2 sensor 2 and each section with a cat in are referred to as banks if you know what I mean 

I always though bank referred to the bank of cylinders, bank 1 being the bank with no.1 cylinder in the firing order not a section of exhaust but could be. Bank number for each sensor, hmm misleading. If it was an inline it would make no difference, hence i thought it could be just generic and only useful on v8 or something which would have a sensor per bank. flat 4 being 4 cylinder is just recognised as a normal inline. Whatever it is it is as clear as mud.